Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 04-22-2018, 06:29 AM
Registered Member

National Israel

Quote:
Christians—whether Catholic of Evangelical—do their Jewish neighbors no favor by encouraging them to think that even now, in their unbelief, God has somehow accepted them; or that he has planted them in Palestine out of pure good favor towards them; or that the mysterious events of 1948 are a prelude to millennial privileges and joys yet to come. No, let all who honor Scripture instead lovingly remind our Jewish neighbors that he who believes in the Son has eternal life, but that he who does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides upon him (John 3:36). Let us invite them to turn their eyes away from the Jerusalem below, and lift them to the Jerusalem above, where the Savior of the world is seated at God’s right hand. And let us urge them to join us in confessing that no matter where we live, we are strangers and exiles in this world; exiles who are confidently seeking a better homeland—a heavenly one—that Messiah will make ours at his soon return (Heb. 11:13-16).

Open forum.
Old 04-22-2018, 07:20 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Re: National Israel

I agree. I don't think 1948 was a mysterious event though. It was orchestrated beginning with the Balfour Declaration.

The Balfour Declaration was a November 2, 1917 letter from British Foreign Secretary Arthur James Balfour to Lord Rothschild that made public the British support of a Jewish homeland in Palestine. The Balfour Declaration led the League of Nations to entrust the United Kingdom with the Palestine Mandate in 1922.

https://www.thoughtco.com/balfour-declaration-1778163
Old 04-22-2018, 07:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
I agree. I don't think 1948 was a mysterious event though. It was orchestrated beginning with the Balfour Declaration.

The Balfour Declaration was a November 2, 1917 letter from British Foreign Secretary Arthur James Balfour to Lord Rothschild that made public the British support of a Jewish homeland in Palestine. The Balfour Declaration led the League of Nations to entrust the United Kingdom with the Palestine Mandate in 1922.

I agree. There is no benefit that I can see being a Jew or becoming one. At the same time we have to balance against Genesis 12:1-3.

I am presently speaking to a fellow at work about the OT. He feels it is all fairy tails and has no need to seek God.
Old 04-22-2018, 08:58 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post

And it was part of the "stab in the back" against Germany during WW 1. That does not justify the horrible excesses against Jews during the era of the Third Reich, but it does demonstrate those things did not happen in a vacuum.
Old 04-22-2018, 08:18 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Open forum.
"The Jews" aren't actually Israel anyway, national or otherwise.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 04-22-2018, 09:02 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
"The Jews" aren't actually Israel anyway, national or otherwise.
Amen.

Which isn't an anti Semitic statement. No more than anyone saying to me that I cannot trace my lineage back to Romulus and Remus is anti Gentile.