Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Homestead > Chef's Corner
Facebook

Notices

Chef's Corner Every Cook's favorite place! Post your recipes, share your cooking tips and ideas, etc.

Old 12-03-2013, 06:22 PM
Victory in Jesus

Food Combining

I would be remiss if I didn't post this thread to any out there who have health challenges or just want to eat healthy knowing that what your eating is a great combination that won't rot in your stomach causing heartburn and tiredness. Anyway I'll just get to my favorite eats and leave it to each person to research food combining for themselves. I will leave you with my favorite Food Combining website, my good buddy Wayne Pickering of Daytona Beach FL you can find this great smoothie and many other delicious dishes at www.mangoman.com

Ok here we go...
When I post it will be best to give the list of ingredients for one and then you can add for how many you want to.

PINEAPPLE SURPRISE SMOOTHIE

This is my favorite dish to make - I dig the energy it gives me and at the same time even though it's a smoothie it fills you up like a full on lunch or dinner and you can have it anytime of day and best of all it's all kind of super TASTY!

Alright by now your appetite it ready haha

Take enough oranges to make 8 oz of fresh squeezed orange juice
Pour into a bowl.
Take 2 oz each of cashews and pecans.
Pour into bowl of OJ.
Stick in the fridge overnight to soak in the OJ.
In the morning take a half a pineapple and core it and take the fruit and cut into 1" cubes.
I have a Vitamix www.vitamix.com but you can use any powerful blender.
Pour the OJ and nuts into the vitamix/blender then put the pineapple cubes in as well.
Take 2 - 4 ice cubes (depends on how thick you want the smoothie - I use 4) and throw them into the vitamix/blender.

Blend on Hi for 30 sec until smooth.

Pour into 16 oz glass/cup and ENJOY!

Mmmmmmmmmm gooooooood stuff.
Ph 4:13
www.victorysaint.com
Old 12-05-2013, 06:21 PM
Registered Member

Re: Food Combining

Pilgrim, that sounds delicious.

In the Preppers Patch, there is a thread on beans. My son, who lives next door, comes over every morning and we fix breakfast together, (except the day's when his wife isn't working)

He read how good beans are for you and decided that we would have beans every morning for breakfast. We started with bean cakes, with a lot of sage and herbs that you put in sausage, it reminded me of sausage cakes. Now we usually have re-fried beans, with with onions, garlic, sage (I have about 8 different herbs growing in my kitchen window)

But once in a while he will make a smoothie. He was using Protein Powder, and then decided to use black beans instead, (for the protein) with this he usually puts in frozen bananas, pineapple, or any fruit we have on hand. 2 organic eggs that I raise. Raw milk that I buy. Raw honey. You can't taste the beans, and it is very good.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:28 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by renee819 View Post
Pilgrim, that sounds delicious.

In the Preppers Patch, there is a thread on beans. My son, who lives next door, comes over every morning and we fix breakfast together, (except the day's when his wife isn't working)

He read how good beans are for you and decided that we would have beans every morning for breakfast. We started with bean cakes, with a lot of sage and herbs that you put in sausage, it reminded me of sausage cakes. Now we usually have re-fried beans, with with onions, garlic, sage (I have about 8 different herbs growing in my kitchen window)

But once in a while he will make a smoothie. He was using Protein Powder, and then decided to use black beans instead, (for the protein) with this he usually puts in frozen bananas, pineapple, or any fruit we have on hand. 2 organic eggs that I raise. Raw milk that I buy. Raw honey. You can't taste the beans, and it is very good.
I have a smoothie for lunch most days. I use protein powder but beans are a good idea! Thanks, Renee.

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 12-05-2013, 07:01 PM
of 9!! :)

Quote:
But once in a while he will make a smoothie. He was using Protein Powder, and then decided to use black beans instead,
ICK!!!!!!!! A BEAN SMOOTHIE?????

I'm sorry, but that sounds just horrible to me!!!
Old 12-06-2013, 04:35 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacey View Post
ICK!!!!!!!! A BEAN SMOOTHIE?????

I'm sorry, but that sounds just horrible to me!!!
Lacey, try it!!!!

If you put pineapple and bananas in it, you won't taste the beans, but you get the benefit.

I used to get gas real bad, with beans. And I read, many years ago, that if you eat beans everyday, that you won't get gas. I never tried it until my son got interested, in more healthier foods.

It works. It also helps with constipation or diarrhea.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:46 AM
On the road less traveled

Sis. Renee, do you cook your own black beans, or use canned?

Also, does the smoothie look black with the beans added? Can you post approximate amounts used?
Old 01-25-2014, 11:43 PM
Victory in Jesus

Ok back for another favorite smoothie. This one is more of V-8 type of vitamin drink for health and energy.

(Again the ingredients listed are for 1 person add for as many you want)

2 leafs red lettuce
1 stalk celery
2 tomatoes
1 carrot
1/2 sweet red pepper
1 small yellow squash
1 tablespoon raw garlic
1 teaspoon raw ginger
1 tablespoon minced oregano
2 - 4 ice cubes for desired smoothness

Cut up vegetables into 1" cubes putting in more solid ones in first. Pour the garlic, ginger and oregano on top last.
Add ice cubes last. Blast on high in a Vitamix (my preference) or any powerful blender for 30 seconds or so.

Enjoy!
www.victorysaint.com
Old 01-26-2014, 10:39 AM
On the road less traveled

That sounds really good Pilgrum!
Old 01-26-2014, 05:08 PM
Victory in Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
That sounds really good Pilgrum!
Oh yeah it is. Especially with the garlic (good for heart/anti-cancer properties), ginger (adds a kick and it's a great anti-inflammatory as well) and oregano (great body cleansing agent). And with the carrot and yellow squash it will fill you up and wait til you feel the energy boost you feel from drinking it. A lot of times I'll have it for a late lunch when I've been working hard and need a energy boost to get me thru the rest of the afternoon. Try it!
www.victorysaint.com
Old 05-25-2014, 09:38 PM
Victory in Jesus

Happy Memorial day weekend! Here's a great food combining combo that is a healthy combination that everyone will enjoy!

[B]Barbequed Turkey[/B]

1 12 lb Organic Turkey

Homemade barbeque sauce:

4 cups organic tomatoes in a blender til liquefied
2 tablespoons ground organic garlic
" " " " oregano
" " " " mint
1 cup organic honey
1/2 cup organic soy sauce
1 organic red onion minced

Set washed Turkey in stainless steel kettle with 1/2" water in bottom and set lid on the kettle and cook over coals/wood for 1 hr. And add 1/2" water after 1 hour. After 2 hrs take turkey off pit and apply sauce liberally onto turkey and return kettle to fire and cover the kettle for another 2 hours or whenever the turkey is cooked ALL THE WAY THRU.

Serve with chilled salad.

Enjoy your Memorial Day!
www.victorysaint.com