Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
apostolic, homeless, lazy, saved, young

Old 06-15-2018, 06:26 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Young Man At Church About To Be Homeless...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
I've had hard times before...crazy convoluted circumstances that limited me in what I could do at the time and feeling like I was facing overwhelming odds...blessedly I have a God that hears and supplies.

Bro, just pray for the guy, maybe ask him for a resume or his job experience...maybe devote some time to help look through job sites to find something that's hiring.

You wanna take a "hands off" approach...that's on you...but if I was that young man and my "church family" showed no interest or any action of concern when I was going through a situation like that, I'd be finding somewhere else to attend. Life is hard enough without thinking that you're God called and annointed to provide,"Tough Love".

Remember...whatever you save them with you save them to.

It's a shame that we can be supposedly filled with His Spirit.... Jehovah Jireh....My Provider...but He's not only YOUR provider but He's that young man's provider as well and God may be dealing with you about what you can do to help.

Are we to treat unsaved "strangers" better than "family" that's a bit dishonest wouldn't you think?

I mean even gangs look out for other members bro....
You aren't that guy. Not by a long shot. You don't sit idle, you pretty much make things happen. You also have a wife and child to take care of. Anyway, we don't know the kid, we don't even know BlackeyeBuckyroo. We don't know any of the circumstances. So literally we can't judge it either way. But I'll tell you this, I had to tell people they are on their own. Because if you helped them you would wake up with everything gone. Plus a church family scratching their head saying "we told you so."
Old 06-15-2018, 08:11 PM
Registered Member

Why do we have to make it as if anyone is counseling to take the guy under their wing and sign up to care for him forever? In a Church setting for someone who has been a faithful member and particularly if they had always given to the Church themselves WHAT would be the big deal about paying their rent for a month?

Does anyone in the Church care if the guy winds up on the street or going for help to the dreaded Charismatic Church down the street? I mean unless theres something wrong about this story it seems like a no brainer to me. Christians have compassion. Christians show mercy.

Or let the guy stay in the SACRED CHURCH BUILDING!

Then if he does NOT look for work during that time THEN tell him he is on his own. What have we lost by doing what Christians should have a heart to do anyway? Perhaps we stabilize a young Christian brother!
Old 06-15-2018, 09:51 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Why do we have to make it as if anyone is counseling to take the guy under their wing and sign up to care for him forever? In a Church setting for someone who has been a faithful member and particularly if they had always given to the Church themselves WHAT would be the big deal about paying their rent for a month?

Does anyone in the Church care if the guy winds up on the street or going for help to the dreaded Charismatic Church down the street? I mean unless theres something wrong about this story it seems like a no brainer to me. Christians have compassion. Christians show mercy.

Or let the guy stay in the SACRED CHURCH BUILDING!

Then if he does NOT look for work during that time THEN tell him he is on his own. What have we lost by doing what Christians should have a heart to do anyway? Perhaps we stabilize a young Christian brother!

Nah, that'll require effort on our part. It's easier just to embody the belief that when bad things happen it's because we do bad things and if good things happen it's cause we have done good things.

I have a mother in law that would scoff if I found oil in my back yard and found a goose that laid golden eggs.

She'd choke on her words before letting anything exit her lips that might suggest that we had the favor of the Lord in our life.

But one little thing happens...one bump in the road and it's all like,"Well, you aren't living for God in the right way and this is obviously a result of that transgression."

I think that some people have the same mindset the disciples had when they met the blind guy,"Lord, who sinned?"

Sometimes bad stuff happens.

Maybe the job wouldn't have paid the guys bills.

If I was jobless and had bills that needed to be paid, I may not accept just ANY job that comes my way.

Why?

Because if I'm not going to be able to pay my bills with what I'm making it's a waste of my time.

If your budget requires a certain amount of income, how does it help me to take a job that pays a pittance and still leaves me out on the street?

Maybe he can apply for unemployment?

Has anybody talked with him and helped him work through those options?

Maybe he's crushed by losing his job and he feels,"What's the use?"

Of maybe he believes what I used to believe and he feels that if he just surrenders to the current of fate, that God will let him end up wherever he needs to be?
Old 06-15-2018, 10:41 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

No comment
Old 06-16-2018, 09:21 AM
Banned

Or maybe people have reached our to him, counseled him, trI'd to motivate him, and now he is at the point where he is going to have to stand in his own two feet. He could have filed for unemployment a while ago. The young man is a good young man, but some people have to learn the hard way.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:04 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBukaroo View Post
Or maybe people have reached our to him, counseled him, trI'd to motivate him, and now he is at the point where he is going to have to stand in his own two feet. He could have filed for unemployment a while ago. The young man is a good young man, but some people have to learn the hard way.
If he were a GOOD YOUNG MAN and I were the Pastor he would be staying in the SACRED CHURCH BUILDING. If he were NOT a good young man I would counsel repent or go.
Old 06-16-2018, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
If he were a GOOD YOUNG MAN and I were the Pastor he would be staying in the SACRED CHURCH BUILDING. If he were NOT a good young man I would counsel repent or go.
But, why isn’t be collecting unemployment? Minimal effort he would drive uber or Lyft. Lol. Jk.
Old 06-16-2018, 02:08 PM
Believe, Obey, Declare

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
But, why isn’t be collecting unemployment? Minimal effort he would drive uber or Lyft. Lol. Jk.

Speaking of that, got my first cleanup fee last night!!!! Hehe

Easiest $150 ever.
Old 06-16-2018, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
Speaking of that, got my first cleanup fee last night!!!! Hehe

Easiest $150 ever.
Yeah. Lol. Vomit or urine?
Old 06-16-2018, 04:00 PM
Registered Member

Funny reading these spiritual keyboard warriors, damning the church and Pastor when none of us know the whole story or what's going on.

"If I were the Pastor..." Mike, you aren't the Pastor. You don't know what's going on. So can you lay off condemning the church and Pastor?

"What would be the big deal about paying rent..." Ever consider perhaps the church doesn't have the finances to pay this guy's rent.