Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 07-28-2007, 12:49 AM
Resident Insomniac

Do you believe the physical body will be resurrected?

Follow up question later............
Old 07-28-2007, 08:53 AM
Chewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwharv View Post

No, and to your next question, maybe or maybe not.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:52 AM
Registered Member

Yes resurrected then changed into spiritual substance.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:04 AM
Genesis 11:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Yes resurrected then changed into spiritual substance.
Yes, what he said.
Let me guess next Question : What about people that have been dead for hundreds of years, their body is gone. What about people that were cremated, they're just ash. My answer : God will be able to gather all their molecules together again from wherever they are into their former bodies,and than in an instant change them from earthly into spiritual.

ARPH
Old 07-28-2007, 01:33 PM
Resident Insomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arphaxad View Post
Yes, what he said.
Let me guess next Question : What about people that have been dead for hundreds of years, their body is gone. What about people that were cremated, they're just ash. My answer : God will be able to gather all their molecules together again from wherever they are into their former bodies,and than in an instant change them from earthly into spiritual.

ARPH

Nope not my next question............

I will post it later.....................

However, your post made me think of something. I knew some folks whose pastor told them it was a sin to be cremated and they could go to hell if they were because they wouldn't be resurrected. His reasoning was they would no longer have a body to resurrect........

Old 07-28-2007, 03:15 PM
Chewy

Quote:
Nope not my next question............

I will post it later.....................

However, your post made me think of something. I knew some folks whose pastor told them it was a sin to be cremated and they could go to hell if they were because they wouldn't be resurrected. His reasoning was they would no longer have a body to resurrect........

My baloney has a first name its...
Old 07-28-2007, 03:30 PM
PaPaDon

Physical Resurrection?

Quote:

My response would be a resounding yes! Why? Well, using our Lord's resurrection as an example, was His "physical" body not restored to life again from the dead, after which He was visibly recognized by those who knew Him previously? His resurrected "physical" body even bore the wounds which He experienced at Calvary. Why should it (or will it) be any different with everyone else?

The difference between our present bodies and that which we shall inhabit following our resurrection from the dead, is determined by the status of the eternal invisible soul which resides therein at the moment of death.

Those who have obeyed the commandments and are truly "born again" of the water and of the Spirit prior to undergoiing the experience of death, will then experience a change in their mortal bodies, in the twinkling of an eye, to one that is immortal (that is to say, no longer be subjected to a penalty of death). All others will be restored to their former bodies, which will be in visual appearance as it was at the moment of their death, and these will undergo the experience of the 2nd death, and spend eternity in that same body which they previously inhabited while living upon the earth.

There are several things in the scriptural record which has persuaded me to embrace this belief, for example: the rich man visually recognized the beggar named Lazarus and, our Lord's statements that we should pluck out the eye and cut off the hand that causes us to offend, for it would profit us more to enter into eternal life MAIMED than to have the entire body cast into hell.

Did not the writer of Romans state what we, as adopted sons of God have as our hope, is the "REDEMPTION" of our physical body? Does not this statement (Romans 8:23) indicate deliverance, or liberation from the bondage of death which affects the physical body in which our eternal invisible soul now resides?
Old 07-28-2007, 05:03 PM
The Antagonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPaDon View Post
My response would be a resounding yes! Why? Well, using our Lord's resurrection as an example, was His "physical" body not restored to life again from the dead, after which He was visibly recognized by those who knew Him previously? His resurrected "physical" body even bore the wounds which He experienced at Calvary. Why should it (or will it) be any different with everyone else?

The difference between our present bodies and that which we shall inhabit following our resurrection from the dead, is determined by the status of the eternal invisible soul which resides therein at the moment of death.

Those who have obeyed the commandments and are truly "born again" of the water and of the Spirit prior to undergoiing the experience of death, will then experience a change in their mortal bodies, in the twinkling of an eye, to one that is immortal (that is to say, no longer be subjected to a penalty of death). All others will be restored to their former bodies, which will be in visual appearance as it was at the moment of their death, and these will undergo the experience of the 2nd death, and spend eternity in that same body which they previously inhabited while living upon the earth.

There are several things in the scriptural record which has persuaded me to embrace this belief, for example: the rich man visually recognized the beggar named Lazarus and, our Lord's statements that we should pluck out the eye and cut off the hand that causes us to offend, for it would profit us more to enter into eternal life MAIMED than to have the entire body cast into hell.

Did not the writer of Romans state what we, as adopted sons of God have as our hope, is the "REDEMPTION" of our physical body? Does not this statement (Romans 8:23) indicate deliverance, or liberation from the bondage of death which affects the physical body in which our eternal invisible soul now resides?
So it would be ok if my wife creamates my body upon my death? No problem? I would be resurrected anyway?

Good deal!
Old 07-28-2007, 05:23 PM
Registered Member

So will the clothing of the dead be resurrected with them? Surely we won't be streaking for the rapture...........
Psa 119:165 (KJV) 165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

"Do not believe everthing you read on the internet" - Abe Lincoln
Old 07-28-2007, 05:25 PM
Registered Member

I like this old song it give me hope.I want my new body a size 9.

On the resurrection morning when all the dead in Christ have flown.
I'll have a new body praise the Lord.I'll have a new life.

Don't anybody be preaching against my hope for a size 9 now.Shoes
and purse to match.