Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 06-20-2019, 05:58 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Women Wearing Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Yes there is. The Bible is clear about men being effeminate.
Where does it say in the Bible men can’t wear eyeliner or paint their fingernails and toenails? Ancient societies men in the Middle East wore eyeliner as well as the women.
Old 06-20-2019, 06:02 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Where does it say in the Bible men can’t wear eyeliner or paint their fingernails and toenails? Ancient societies men in the Middle East wore eyeliner as well as the women.
Old 06-20-2019, 06:25 PM
Registered Member

For me, it is all a matter of hermeneutics. How is Deut. 22:5 interpreted correctly ? How is one verse picked out of a chapter while the rest of the chapter is ignored ? Are believers to obey the Law of Moses or not ? How does the Council of Jerusalem come into play ??
Old 06-20-2019, 08:55 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Pitta View Post
For me, it is all a matter of hermeneutics. How is Deut. 22:5 interpreted correctly ? How is one verse picked out of a chapter while the rest of the chapter is ignored ? Are believers to obey the Law of Moses or not ? How does the Council of Jerusalem come into play ??
Scott, the same thing goes for the differences in the hair for men and women.
There is no gender blending in the Bible. The council of Jerusalem in Acts 15 is about circumcision. Yet, the Gentiles needed to ditch their pagan practices. The problem is that you believe they fabricated a totally new religion after Pentecost. One that would of be unrecognizeble by the first century Judeans. I wonder what Harry Morse would of told you about pants on women?
Old 06-20-2019, 09:00 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
It’s true, hard but true. This is the little issues that crop their heads up down here in Broward. Guy on fire for God (you would think) but he paints his fingernails and toenails. Wears black eyeliner. I’m sorry, but I just can’t keep my mouth shut. I’m sitting with a group at a Chinese Resturant and they introduce me to Mr Prayer Warrior. I asked him if he was trying out for Twilight. Needless to say that started a impromptu Bible debate.
Old 06-20-2019, 09:08 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I don't believe, in general, that woman wearing a bifurcated garment is committing sin. I do believe that a woman trying to assume the role of a man or acting as a man (and vice versa) is committing sin.
Would you then say that Deut 22:5 cannot really be used to argue that women must not wear pants? That is, as long as a woman is not acting as a man or assuming his role, then modest pants are acceptable?

I've seen this word "bifurcated" several times recently (on another site). What is the origin of that word as a substitute for "pants"? Is there a reason why it is better to say this instead of just pants?
Old 06-20-2019, 09:10 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostolic1ness View Post
Gender distinction. God saw 2019 world of transgenders and tried to nip it in the bud 4000 years ago. What ever culture, country, creed, generation, dont wear the opposite sex's clothes.
Who defines what "opposite sex's clothes" are, and can that ever change?
Old 06-20-2019, 09:33 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
It’s true, hard but true. This is the little issues that crop their heads up down here in Broward. Guy on fire for God (you would think) but he paints his fingernails and toenails. Wears black eyeliner. I’m sorry, but I just can’t keep my mouth shut. I’m sitting with a group at a Chinese Resturant and they introduce me to Mr Prayer Warrior. I asked him if he was trying out for Twilight. Needless to say that started a impromptu Bible debate.

One of thim thar Eunuchs I’d reckon
Old 06-20-2019, 10:21 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Pitta View Post
People read into the Deut 22:5 passage whatever they want.
I think the verse is ambiguous enough to make this a possibility.
Old 06-20-2019, 10:28 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I respectfully disagree. The "clothing" word used for the women refers article, vessel, implement, utensil, and implement of hunting/war, etc. There is nothing about garments in that meaning. The "clothing" for men specifically is just about garments or covering.

So I do not believe it's out of place to say the verse could refer to women trying to wear armor and be a warrior. The verse actually is very specific as to women trying to use articles, utensils, etc of men and of men wearing women's garments.

See above. The "clothing" for the women is not garments, cloth or covering.
I looked at several commentaries tonight, and all said that the word referring to things pertaining to men is broader than the word referring to women. For men the word refers to a variety of things (all those you have mentioned) including clothing, while for women, the word refers explicitly to clothing.