Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Branhamism
Facebook

Notices

Branhamism Discussion of distinctive doctrines of William M. Branham.

Old 08-11-2008, 06:39 PM
ModsterMan

Re: Shane Vaughn-30min lesson Tongues NOT evidence

That video was an exercise of "emotional and experiential theology" if I should be allowed to blaspheme the word "theology"! Dr Vaugn, where did you "earn" your doctorate, I really want to know! Email me at modsterman@hotmail.com if you don't wish to give away your secret publicly.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:49 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Vaughn View Post
You can confess your lie now or later.. that was in my Father in Laws office who happens to be CHURCH OF GOD... none of those were Branham tapes......

you never stop the mistruths do you?
I don't think he meant it as a lie.
He saw all those tapes and assumed they were Branham tapes.

Apostolic in doctrine
Pentecostal in experience
Charismatic in practice
Non-denominational in affiliation
Inter-denominational in fellowship
Old 08-11-2008, 06:56 PM
Rebel with a cause.

Quote:
You can confess your lie now or later.. that was in my Father in Laws office who happens to be CHURCH OF GOD... none of those were Branham tapes......

I'm sorry, but in light of the current situation, this is just the epitome of irony!
"Many people view their relationship with God like a "color by number" picture. It's easier to let someone else define the boundaries, tell them which blanks to fill in, and what color to use than it is for them to take a blank canvas and seek inspiration from the Source in order to paint their own masterpiece"
Old 08-11-2008, 07:00 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

There has historically been differences of opinion among Apostolics/Pentecostals/Charismatics as to whether speaking with tongues is the (one and only) "initial physical evidence" of the Holy Ghost Baptism.

Some believe that prophecy could be an evidence. This is based on Acts 19:1-7 where it says they spoke with tongues and prophesied. Some teach that all of them did both --spoke with tongues and prophesied. Some teach that some of them spoke with tongues and others prophesied.

I preached in an Apostolic church where the pastor taught that speaking with tongues was one of the signs that followed believers. In other words, receive the Spirit of God now and some day some where in the future you will speak with tongues. This was based on Mark 16:17-20

The "official" doctrine of the AVC (Association of Vineyard Churches) is that when a person repents and commits to Jesus and the Holy Spirit comes into his heart that is the Holy Ghost Baptism. Afterward there are fillings or empowerings of the Spirit and speaking with tongues and/or other gifts may happen as a result of those experiences.

Apostolic in doctrine
Pentecostal in experience
Charismatic in practice
Non-denominational in affiliation
Inter-denominational in fellowship
Old 08-11-2008, 07:31 PM
Lofty, Scientific, and Literal

Quote:

This is a classic post.

Don't like liars, do ya?
Old 06-03-2009, 10:06 PM
Registered Member

Dear fellow christians

The Dr. Shane Vaughn (aka John Stephan Vaughn) has made the local paper for the following alleged crimes:insurance fraud, identity theft, and bank fraud. He alledgly used a fake Wyoming driver's license and the Social Security number of a 2 yr old child. He then defrauded a life insurance company by "selling" a $212,000 annuity to a person who did not exist, and pocketed approximately $20,000 of commision plus $500 bank fees. He also is an alledged fugitive from Tennessee. That is the truth about ur beloved Dr. To find more about him google Rev Shane Vaughn.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:09 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuaistrue View Post
Dear fellow christians

The Dr. Shane Vaughn (aka John Stephan Vaughn) has made the local paper for the following alleged crimes:insurance fraud, identity theft, and bank fraud. He alledgly used a fake Wyoming driver's license and the Social Security number of a 2 yr old child. He then defrauded a life insurance company by "selling" a $212,000 annuity to a person who did not exist, and pocketed approximately $20,000 of commision plus $500 bank fees. He also is an alledged fugitive from Tennessee. That is the truth about ur beloved Dr. To find more about him google Rev Shane Vaughn.
You need to post a link to substantiate all of these accusations.

FYI, the "beloved Dr." was banned from this forum.
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear
Old 06-03-2009, 10:54 PM
Crazy father of 4

Location: Now? Phoenix, AZ. Before? Newark, OH, Wyandotte, MI, Tampa, FL

Quote:
Dear fellow christians

sorry friend I googled and did not find any of that stuff. I found a few articles but not like what you mention here. Maybe a link to your sources would be wise.

I'll get back to you when I figure it out.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Dear fellow christians

Regardless of the fact that 'Dr.' Vaughn wasn't well-received here, you will fare no better if you post unsubstantiated accusations. You should either back this up with sources and/or actual court documents, or remove your post.

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 06-03-2009, 11:24 PM
Administrator

Never mind. Jax, here's the link:

http://www.wafb.com/global/story.asp...Type=Printable

"...35-year-old John Stephen Vaughn used a fake Wyoming driver's license and the social security number of a Bogalusa two-year-old to defraud an insurance company.

Investigators say Vaughn nabbed a $20,000 commission from Allianz Life insurance company by selling a $212,000 annuity to a person who didn't exist. By the time Allianz Life realized the annuity sale was fraudulent, Vaughn had withdrawn the money from the bank account. Troopers say he also overdrew his bank account, defrauding his bank of $500.

...He faces insurance fraud, identity theft, and bank fraud charges in Louisiana and Tennessee. In Louisiana, he faces charges in East Baton Rouge Parish, Livingston Parish, and Jefferson Parish."

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road