Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom
Facebook

Notices

The Newsroom FYI: News & Current Events, Political Discussions, etc.

Old 04-06-2013, 05:30 PM
Jellybean!

Will we see Sheriffs arrested?

I see they're moving to put this into place in CO and TX. Anyone else have any better news on this?

This is unbeleivable to me!

http://www.globalg2.com/2013/04/01/f...rest-sheriffs/
Old 04-06-2013, 05:49 PM
Registered Member

Re: Will we see Sheriffs arrested?

I hope there will be plenty of freedom fighters willing to back up the sheriffs should this happen.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:57 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Are there any facts supporting this?
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 04-06-2013, 07:39 PM
Jellybean!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy View Post
Are there any facts supporting this?
http://www.leg.state.co.us/
Old 04-06-2013, 07:55 PM
Forever Loved Admin

I thought they already had that kind of authority. They must be invited by the state if they don't see a law being broken in person.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 04-06-2013, 08:02 PM
Registered Member

I predict not only Sheriffs, but the Feds will try to send agents to arrest Governors as well. When they do, they will have to try to wade through thousands of patriots blocking their paths. I hope it does not happens, but if it does, count me in. I'll be like the guy standing in front of the tank in Tienanmen Square.

That bill will never pass in Texas.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:37 PM
Registered Member

This is part of the checks and balances, IMHO.

There are times when the state governments simply do not enforce federal laws to the detriment of their own individual state citizens.

I thank God for the U.S. Federal government. Anyone want to ask me why?

There is nothing wrong with making sure that the state officials entrusted with upholding the law actually do what they're supposed to do. Otherwise, you'll have the possibility of AMERICANS not being protected, the possibility for laws being abused or not being enforced on the whims of some pot-bellied, curd chewing, tobaccy-spittin law enforcement agency, the possibility for anarchy, and worst of all, another civil war.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:52 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post

There are times when the state governments simply do not enforce federal laws to the detriment of their own individual state citizens.

There is nothing wrong with making sure that the state officials entrusted with upholding the law actually do what they're supposed to do. Otherwise, you'll have the possibility of AMERICANS not being protected, the possibility for laws being abused or not being enforced on the whims of some pot-bellied, curd chewing, tobaccy-spittin law enforcement agency, the possibility for anarchy, and worst of all, another civil war.
Yep, yep, yep. There are crooks at all levels of law enforcement.

Old 04-07-2013, 03:18 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post

I also thank God for the Federal Government, The States by way of the Constitution created the Federal Government. But I want the Federal Government to operate strictly within the enumerated powers granted to it by its creators, the States.
Quote:
the possibility for laws being abused or not being enforced on the whims of some pot-bellied, curd chewing, tobaccy-spittin law enforcement agency, the possibility for anarchy, and worst of all, another civil war.
You are a foolish as the Galatians for characterizing our Sheriffs in such a stereo-typical, bigoted manner. Did it ever occur to you that they are trying to protect YOUR Constitutional rights from an out of control Federal Government? Did it ever occur to you that it is the Federal Government operating on whims and pushing us towards civil war and anarchy? Have you ever noticed that the Federal Government tries to prohibit the States from enforcing certain Federal laws. like immigration and voting laws? Wake up.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:48 PM
Registered Member

Until you have walked or driven a mile in my shoes or car, you can't call my characterization of local law enforcement bigoted.

Well, actually I guess you could because you just did.

Either way, the way I see it, the biggest threat to my personal freedom is local law enforcement-- their tactics and policies.

Local law enforcement agencies, by the way, are the ones who are going to be using drones to spy on you. Maybe once you're unnecessarily harassed a dozen times by the drones of your freedom-loving local LEO's, maybe then you'll welcome the Federal oversight as a good thing.