Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Missions Area
Facebook

Notices

Missions Area Reports and photos from Missionaries

Old 01-24-2013, 06:12 AM
Sister Alvear

Re: Sis. Alvear's Official Picture Thread

Dear Friends in the Homeland:

For two nights I have had the same dream…standing by a big river with my son Arlei and an Indian gazing to the far other side. My question was, “are there people on the other side”? The Indian said, “Yes”, I walked into the water and my son said, “Mother, it is deep”. The Indian said she can make it ….I started across knowing it was the thing to do…. in search for souls….

My whole life has been involved in reaching the lost for our lord and bringing His lost children back to the fold.

I feel overwhelmed at the task that lies before us.

I think of the old hymn…sang long ago….

A hundred thousand souls a day Are passing one by one away In Christless guilt and gloom; Without one ray of hope or light, With future dark as endless night, They’re passing to their doom, They’re passing to their doom.
Refrain
They’re passing, passing fast away In thousands day by day; They’re passing to their doom, They’re passing to their doom.
O Holy Ghost, Thy people move, Baptize their hearts with faith and love And consecrate their gold. At Jesus’ feet their millions pour, And all their ranks unite once more, As in the days of old, As in the days of old.
Refrain
The Master’s coming draweth near; The Son of Man will soon appear; His kingdom is at hand. But ere that glorious day can be, This gospel of the kingdom we Must preach in every land, Must preach in every land.
Refrain
Oh, let us then His coming haste,
 Oh, let us end this awful waste Of souls that never die. A thousand millions still are lost; A Savior’s blood has paid the cost, 
Oh, hear their dying cry, 
Oh, hear their dying cry.
Refrain
They’re passing, passing, fast away, A hundred thousand souls a day In Christless guilt and gloom. 
O Church of Christ, what wilt thou say When, in the awful judgment day, They charge thee with their doom, They charge thee with their doom? (James H. Burke)

This song says it better than I ever could! Where He is leading I do not know…what He is showing me I do not know but one thing I do know. When the time comes whatever it may mean…whatever it may cost we stand ready to march at His orders.

Please pray for us we have a special need this month. Blessings to all.

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 02-01-2013, 11:05 AM
Sister Alvear

Rev Raul and Janice Alvear
PO Box 797, Jonesville, LA 71343 – Phone 337-290-2658
CP 204, Maceio, Alagoas, Brazil, South America 57020-970
Phone: 011-55-82-9909-9351

Today I was so amazed. We live in a very poor neighborhood and see poverty on every corner. However I asked my neighbor if he could come and help us mix concrete and I would pay him. I knew he was out of work and has several small children. He said Missionary, I will be glad to help and came right over. For a moment he looked at his bare feet and the concrete we were mixing and then said let me go get my shoes. He walked away in deep thought and the person next to me said, do you know why he was deciding what to do? I said no. My friend said he only has one pair of shoes…I was expecting him to come back with some decent shoes but as he passed I noticed they were split out the sides and very old and worn.

I said, Son what size do you were, He said 11 or 12…No one I know in our family wears that big of a size…

I kept watching him work while at the same time trying to protect shoes that really should have been thrown away long ago….I wept as I thought how blessed we are. I asked my son in law for a pair of pants to give him and a shirt. The man me he did not have any long pants just a couple pairs of shorts. He was very thankful that we would find him some better clothes.

Oh, how he worked and afterwards thanked me and told me that he could buy some milk for his baby and some rice and beans.

I remember reading that over half the world goes to bed hungry every night. We are so blessed…so blessed.

As I thought about shoes for this man I thought maybe someone would like to buy him a pair of shoes even through he is not a Christian he is God’s creation and a precious soul. If I had the money I would buy him shoes but I have so much on me.

May God bless you and repay your kindness to the less fortunate of our world.

Your Missionary Friend

Sister Janice Alvear

Old 02-20-2013, 04:54 AM
Sister Alvear

SOUTH AMERICAN FOREIGN MISSIONS

God has an unusual way of answering prayers! This year has started off great. We ended the year on a high note, as many of you know traveling thousands of miles visiting scores of churches and conventions all over Brazil.

January was a month of church dedications in several states in Brazil and we entered February baptizing scores of people.

Some of you also know we were robbed again in December but spiritual blessings have been so many even the robbery has not dampened our spirits one bit. We keep pressing on full speed ahead.

Our new work in the state of Goias is growing. We were just able to help a preacher visit them and they are running over 40 in each service.

Not only Brother Alvear and myself but also we have been able to help our son Raul Jr travel to other distant areas and each place he has visited has been “Pentecost” all over again.

Brother Arlei just baptized a trinity preacher in the jungle area and he is so excited about that.

Brother Michael also is witnessing to another trinity preacher and he told Michael last week he sees the need of being baptized in Jesus name.

Our young people in Brazil are getting ready for their yearly youth camp in March. It is really a big event and this year we were able to rent the Adventist camp for them. They are expecting several hundred young people.

Thanks to those that have helped in any way in the work of the lord here. Your monthly help keeps us on the field and your help on projects help keep things rolling! Never think your gift to small to send. Things are always needed on the mission field…from a pencil to a church building! A pair of shoes for a preacher, a bus ticket to go to an unreached area, money for our soup kitchen, whatever….we can always use your help. Giving to us helps spread the good news to those that have never heard. One person said. Good news is only good news if it gets there on time!

Brother Arlei needs help to buy seeds and money to rent some machinery to work on the jungle land. He helps feed many people. Maybe you cannot be there to help feed, to give a Bible to an Indian, to preach Jesus to devil worshippers but you can help him and others by praying and giving. You can be a part of bestowing beauty for ashes, so to speak, After all is said and done, He gets all the glory. For it is His power that changes but He uses human sources to fulfill His earthly plan.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:59 AM
Forever Loved Admin

Praise God that he is still healing and saving.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 02-20-2013, 12:59 PM
Sister Alvear

yes, we are having great revival here....thanks for everyone's help in any way.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:31 PM
Sister Alvear

Phone: 011-55-82-99Dear friends in the Homeland:
Dear friends in the Homeland:

We send mission greetings from our family to yours in the sweet name of our Jesus.

Just wanted to write a little note to let everyone know that Brother Alvear and I will be in the states during the next few months doing deputation. If possible we would love to share with you what God has done and is doing in the land of Brazil.

We have a beautiful power point presentation we could present as well if you prefer Brother Alvear can preach for you and am sure you would be greatly blessed.

This year makes 45 years we have labored in this country and we know we owe such a debt to our noble homeland supporters. Our presentation will show you a part of the many things that God has done.

You may contact us at Janalvear@aol.com, bisporaul@uol.com.br or call us directly at:
337 290 2658 or 870 819 8417
If some reason you cannot get us or you may call us at 318 339 8628 talking with Brother or Sister Taylor and they will get in direct contact with us wherever we may be,

May the Lord of harvest bless each one in Jesus Name;

Workers Together for Him:

Brother Raul and sister Janice Alvear

Old 02-28-2013, 08:19 PM
of 9!! :)

What states will you all be visiting Sis Alvear?
Old 02-28-2013, 10:19 PM
Sister Alvear

Ohio, miss, la, tn, ar, in....mostly in these states...

Old 03-11-2013, 02:34 PM
Sister Alvear

Phone: 011-55-82-9909-Dear Homeland friends:

Sweetest greetings to you all in the precious name of Jesus

Brother Alvear and I arrived in the USA tired but rejoicing to get to see some of our noble supporters and visit churches for the next couple months raising money for the building of a new church in the state of Goias and helping other needy projects.

It is our desire to visit any churches that would like to have a missionary presentation. We have put together a beautiful slide show in honor to God and what He has done over the past 45 years of mission work in Brazil.

Brother Alvear and I are also trying to raise money to visit the works in the Philippines. We feel that they need us. The needs are many our bodies are tired but we push on because of our great love for world missions.

The Kingdom of God is spreading all over our world. There is great revival in many places in Brazil.

If you would like to contact us our e mail is Janalvear@aol.com or bisporaul@uol.com.br and our phone number is 337 290 2658. May God bless you over and over again is our sincere prayer.

Because of Missions

Brother and Sister Raul Alvear

Old 03-15-2013, 11:59 AM
Sister Alvear

We send you sweetest greetings in the saving name of Jesus.

Just wanted you to know a few updates concerning the work of the Lord in Brazil. Last night our son Raul Jr baptized two precious souls in their service.

Our son Arlei is fixing to travel to the state of Goias to teach them how to make blocks from the molds we bought him. By faith we are going to help them have a church in their city.

Our son Michael and his group just repainted the Maribondo church as our pastor there is very elderly so they went over to help him. Also Sunday night one new soul came to the Lord in Maceio church.

Pastor Hugo is traveling to the south of Brazil and then over into the country of Paraguay for services.

There are so many exciting things happening all over Brazil. Thank you for being a part in this great God ordained work. Your giving and praying is making the difference.

As many know Brother Alvear and I not only help in Brazil but we help in other places of our world as we can. We feel we should go over to the Philippines this year for their conference to encourage them but as you know we can only do that if our homeland supporters feel to help us. We have gathered up Bibles, study books and other supplies to take them including clothes. Fares at this moment are running around 1250 round trip for each one of us.

With hotel and airfares, buses, taxis, food, etc we think we can make the trip for about 4000 dollars. Yes, a lot of money however they need us at this time and believe me Bro. Alvear and I do not waste money! We will do the best we can to stretch every dollar to go further.

Just as Paul heard the cry, “Come over and help us” we too have been hearing their cry for some time begging us to come over and give them a hand. Even though our bodies are tired we are willing to go if funds come in…Sacrifice is just a minor thing when compared to helping eternal souls.

I think of the song that says this:
It will be worth it all, when we see Jesus.
 Life's trials will seem so small, when we see Christ.
 One glimpse of His dear face, all sorrow will erase.
 So bravely run the race till we see Christ.

Yes, dear friends let’s do all in our power to win lost souls before it is forever too late.

Thanks for your love and concern for us and missions:

Brother and Sister Raul Alvear Sr