Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-07-2018, 02:47 PM
Registered Member

Re: I found some of you a new Pastor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofthechosen View Post
This guy was a masked wrestler and he has been elected into office.
Who cares if he was a masked wrestler. Is there some sort of litmus test in which only people from certain professions are allowed to run for office?

Quote:
I was just saying about the part where he said "in America we are a self governing" body of people.
If you read the full quote, instead of cutting it off there, it makes sense and I would hope everyone (or most everyone) would agree. We are a nation of people who are self-governors. We are able and have the God-give right to make our own decisions and choices.

Why is this an issue?

Quote:
So though he was elected as leadership, he is saying in America we govern our self.
Look up the definition and respond why you disagree with this.

Self governing: "exercising control over one's own affairs"

Does someone else make decisions for you? Do you choose what clothes to wear, what to eat, where to live, work, etc?

Unless someone else makes decisions for you, you are, in fact, self governing.

Quote:
Just a Idea I seen thrown around on here a lot, so I said "I found some of you a Pastor". It was a joke, but shows that spirit is very prevalent in this day and hour. Its a new era of libertarian philosophy.
You can't apply political terms to Christian living.
Old 08-07-2018, 09:45 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Who cares if he was a masked wrestler. Is there some sort of litmus test in which only people from certain professions are allowed to run for office?

If you read the full quote, instead of cutting it off there, it makes sense and I would hope everyone (or most everyone) would agree. We are a nation of people who are self-governors. We are able and have the God-give right to make our own decisions and choices.

Why is this an issue?

Look up the definition and respond why you disagree with this.

Self governing: "exercising control over one's own affairs"

Does someone else make decisions for you? Do you choose what clothes to wear, what to eat, where to live, work, etc?

Unless someone else makes decisions for you, you are, in fact, self governing.

You can't apply political terms to Christian living.

I'm sorry to offend you Brother, it was just the libertarian philosophy he was pushing I was trying to point out. But it is a good thing he's doing something positive with his life, that is true.

Please forgive me, in Jesus Name!

Check out my new Podcast, and YouTube Channel:
https://histruthismarchingon.blubrry.net
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE!
Old 08-07-2018, 09:57 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I'm sorry to offend you Brother, it was just the libertarian philosophy he was pushing I was trying to point out. But it is a good thing he's doing something positive with his life, that is true.

Please forgive me, in Jesus Name!
No offense really, I just didn't understand why the quote in full would be so reprehensible.

I could understand how it would be problematic in spiritual terms, but in the political or secular definition, we are a nation of self governing people.
Old 08-08-2018, 03:56 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
We are following the pattern of the Roman empire.

http://people.uncw.edu/kozloffm/glubb.pdf

tagging this to watch later.
Old 08-08-2018, 11:21 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
No offense really, I just didn't understand why the quote in full would be so reprehensible.

I could understand how it would be problematic in spiritual terms, but in the political or secular definition, we are a nation of self governing people.
It was more about what was being said really. Just sounded like the church situation I here many in here want there church to go to where the pew directs the pulpit. That was it plus it was Kane, which is funny for years he never even talked on wrestling I thought the dude was a mute or something. Come to find out he was a pretty intelligent guy. Although it's still strange to me, I can't lie.

Check out my new Podcast, and YouTube Channel:
https://histruthismarchingon.blubrry.net
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE!