Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-04-2007, 12:50 PM
Follower of Jesus

Do you worship God or worship itself?

The author of this particular article makes some good points.

If you really want to check on Jesus life and ministry in the gospels you will find out Jesus never did the same thing twice in the same way. In other words, He wasn't into techniques but was unpredictable. In our human strength (or perhaps more accurately weaknesses), we try to systematize everything Jesus did. For example, Peter who, after seeing heavenly glory, wanted to build Tabernacles in the mountain where Jesus was transfigured. And not only one, but three!

There's also the time when Jesus spat on the ground and made clay and put it on a blind man's eyes and commanded him to wash it in the pool. May I ask those who have a Healing of the Blind Ministry, did Jesus use a clockwise or a counterclockwise motion? Or maybe I will specialize with a Spitting Ministry. Do you want me to spit on you?

Jesus' life was never structured; He simply obeyed His Father. Singing for 30 minutes may not be worship at all. Worship is obedience to what He called us to be. That is the highest form of worship. It is the expression of our redeemed lives, our way of life. We cannot just put our Lord or His ways into a system.

Churches today are like spiritual machines. Programs are their survival kits. People love to pour their money into the machine to keep it running. But in reality, church life is like a wind: you don't know where it goes. It is a journey, a daily journey. It cannot be sewn up in the intellect; it must be uncovered during the journey.

by Molong Nacua of the Philippines

My personal mission is to BRING people into a right relationship with God, GROW them up to maturity and SEND them back into the world to minister.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:00 PM
but made himself of no reputation

The article reminds me of several excellent, challenging conversations with some brethren about whether we can make God's own word another God.

We love our core pursuits, particularly where we preceive ourselves as being a member of a kind of totem that sits notably higher than those who we see immediately around us.
Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath [James 1:19]
Old 12-04-2007, 01:17 PM
Registered Member

our living is worship if we are devoted to Jesus, some good some not so good, worship is all for him, dt
Old 12-04-2007, 03:57 PM
philjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbpew View Post
The article reminds me of several excellent, challenging conversations with some brethren about whether we can make God's own word another God.

We love our core pursuits, particularly where we preceive ourselves as being a member of a kind of totem that sits notably higher than those who we see immediately around us.
Just curious, is it possible to separate God from/and His word?
Old 12-04-2007, 06:03 PM
Follower of Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by philjones View Post
Just curious, is it possible to separate God from/and His word?
Yes and no, God is not his word in the sense of the written word, but in the sense of the living Word yes.

My personal mission is to BRING people into a right relationship with God, GROW them up to maturity and SEND them back into the world to minister.