Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 08-11-2009, 01:43 PM
Banned

Universal Health Insurance & Abortion:

As everyone knows a hot debate is raging in our country regarding universal health insurance. Most conservatives fear Obama’s plan will lead to an entirely socialized health insurance system like that found in Canada and Europe. We have read discussions about the pros and cons of universal health insurance from many different angles. However, there is one possible effect of universal health insurance that I’ve not seen discussed, the effect of universal health insurance on the abortion industry.

Today the abortion industry thrives in private health care in the United States. Seeing that it is legal it goes relatively unregulated and unrecorded. However, in Ireland (where they have universal health insurance) abortion is strictly regulated in that it is permitted only if the pregnancy is a clear and present danger to the mother. Seeing that public funding fuels the Irish health care system elective procedures (such as abortion) are an issue of public funding and policy.

In the United States public funding for abortion services and agencies that offer abortion services are often denied funding under Pro-Life Presidents. However, the private industry still flourishes slaughtering nearly multiplied hundreds of thousands of unborn children a year. If the United States were to adopt a universal health insurance program using public funding all abortion services would be subject to a President’s decision to deny funding to health care facilities nationally. Therefore if any hospital or clinic offered abortion services, they could be denied the public funding they receive from the public health insurance system. In order to maintain funding from the public health insurance program all hospitals and clinics would cease to offer abortion services. Those clinics providing only abortion services would loose all funding and be put out of business overnight.

The power of public policy regarding abortion is one strategic way Irish Pro-Life Catholics have been able to maintain a pro-life culture in Ireland.

Imagine a prolife President under a universal public health insurance program issuing an executive order to deny funding or payment to any medical office, facility, or practitioner who provides abortion services. Access to abortion from coast to coast could be greatly restricted in 24 hours.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Aquila; 08-11-2009 at 02:07 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:06 PM
Registered Member

Re: Universal Health Insurance & Abortion:

There is a high correlation between abortion and breast cancer. I can explain it. In catholic countries where aabortion is illegal, there are lower cancer rates. The plan also will mandate coverage be part of every policy. It appears they will remove the FOCA and demand even catholic hospitals give abortions if patients want them.

jillstanek.com covers this topic well. Abortion is the hottest issue out there in terms of the Politicians wanting to make it a political argument and not a religious one.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coadie View Post
There is a high correlation between abortion and breast cancer. I can explain it. In catholic countries where abortion is illegal, there are lower cancer rates.
Coadie, I’d like to know what Catholic countries you’re talking about so I can take a closer look.

Quote:
The plan also will mandate coverage be part of every policy. It appears they will remove the FOCA and demand even catholic hospitals give abortions if patients want them.
Ah, yes – if a Prochoice president is in power. Public funding is immediately cut to agencies providing abortion services under Pro-Life Presidents. Universal health insurance would open an entirely new battlefield in the abortion war. A battlefield where the constitutionality of a procedure wouldn’t be in question… access would become an issue of funding based on it being elective or necessary to save a woman’s life.

Quote:
jillstanek.com covers this topic well. Abortion is the hottest issue out there in terms of the Politicians wanting to make it a political argument and not a religious one.
Coadie, while abortion is a religious issue for those of us with religious values… for most of society it’s a political issue. In today’s world you can’t regulate, record, or restrict anything on the grounds of it violating your private religious sensitivities. You have to realize that the life blood of all institution in the modern world is money. Whoever controls the money… controls society.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:31 PM
Registered Member

http://www.abortionbreastcancer.com/abc_summary.htm

I realize it is a political issue. But it is still in the realm of health. when we add money, social engineering should want to reduce activities that turn into costs.

If we break women into 3 groups. Never have been pregnant, have had a baby and have had a pregnancy artificially terminated. We see that giving birth causes a reduction in cancer rates. I was just a little indirect, but now we see that cancer rate starts going upward in the ages of the 50's. Now if i give you samples in Latin america where abortion is forbidden, some still leave and have abortions. But we still see in Latin america where it is legal, the already have a lower life expectancy by that meaning they die of other causes before getting cancer. So then we go to meta studies and age ajustments. If we add a family history of cancer to having had an abortion, we almost attain a death sentence.
Quote:
The world’s first known abortion-breast cancer settlement was reported in Australia in 2001. An Australian woman who’d obtained an abortion sued her physician for medical malpractice. She claimed he failed to inform her of the research linking abortion with breast cancer and the possibility of emotional damage which she might suffer as a result of her abortion. Although she hadn’t developed breast cancer, her attorney, Charles Francis, said she nevertheless received a significant sum. [Patrick Goodenough, “First Case Linking Abortion-Breast Cancer Settled,” Cybercast News Service, www.CNSNews.com, January 4, 2002]
Now with Obamascare, he has it written that we can't sue the federal government for malpractice. But they won't disclose risks.
This is one piece of motivation to remove all abortion related laws at the state level.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coadie View Post
http://www.abortionbreastcancer.com/abc_summary.htm

I realize it is a political issue. But it is still in the realm of health. when we add money, social engineering should want to reduce activities that turn into costs.

If we break women into 3 groups. Never have been pregnant, have had a baby and have had a pregnancy artificially terminated. We see that giving birth causes a reduction in cancer rates. I was just a little indirect, but now we see that cancer rate starts going upward in the ages of the 50's. Now if i give you samples in Latin america where abortion is forbidden, some still leave and have abortions. But we still see in Latin america where it is legal, the already have a lower life expectancy by that meaning they die of other causes before getting cancer. So then we go to meta studies and age ajustments. If we add a family history of cancer to having had an abortion, we almost attain a death sentence.
As you can see, cutting funding for all abortion services would also become an issue of public health and cost savings. If funding for facilities providing abortions was to be cut it would reduce the number of breast cancer cases thereby saving the system big money. People speak pocket book... sad... but true.

Quote:
Now with Obamascare, he has it written that we can't sue the federal government for malpractice. But they won't disclose risks.
This is one piece of motivation to remove all abortion related laws at the state level.
Why sue the Fed for malpractice if a doctor is negligent?
Old 08-11-2009, 03:42 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
As you can see, cutting funding for all abortion services would also become an issue of public health and cost savings. If funding for facilities providing abortions was to be cut it would reduce the number of breast cancer cases thereby saving the system big money. People speak pocket book... sad... but true.

I think, not sure on this, but I think the doctors will be protected against lawsuits. I think that is part of the deal.
Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:54 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

I didn't spell that out. If the doctor has to have the consent of the Feds and the outcome is detrimental, you can't sue the Feds because that is the law. It was not the docs decision.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:00 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esther View Post
I think, not sure on this, but I think the doctors will be protected against lawsuits. I think that is part of the deal.
Docs not protected. The feds are. You see your family doc with a headache. he calls the feds and you get pills. You come back and he sees an occular impairment and headaches still there. He schedules a Neurologist. Then you wait, They don't approve MRI. Time goes by and another visit and neurosurgen gets called and you have an inoperable brain tumor. Took 4 months to long to get a craniotomy scheduled. can't sue the feds for dragging their feet. Sue the doc for what? He didn't operate. Who sues the VA? The Air Force docs also have immunity. Federal medicine will let the Feds get the money and the docs get the risk.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:19 PM
Love God, Love Your Neighbor

Quote:

Imagine a prolife President under a universal public health insurance program issuing an executive order to deny funding or payment to any medical office, facility, or practitioner who provides abortion services. Access to abortion from coast to coast could be greatly restricted in 24 hours.

Thoughts?
I think the reality is that any president who tried to do that would be committing political suicide.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:30 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Aquila

Thoughts?

If they follow suit on the delay for coverage, it could turn out to be a mute point. Now that would be good.
Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD.