Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Sunday School
Facebook

Notices

Sunday School A ministry resource forum. Find special help topics-- sermon ideas/notes, reference material, resources, etc.

Old 05-24-2013, 05:58 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Oneness vs Trinity (Can someone give a non-bi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precis View Post
and also david k. Bernard and were bernard states that in 1 john chapter5 verses 7,8 are not in any manuscripts but he will teach it just the same.
Bernard is wrong when he states those verses 'are not in any manuscripts'.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 05-24-2013, 06:17 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieMisfits View Post
Ok....

I have become frustrated not being able to find non-bias comparison of Oneness & Trinity..... Every page is an extreme from one to the other...

Just need the facts, not one's opinion (but feel free to give it)...

This church we are visiting is "Oneness" & I'm just trying to grasp what this is in comparison to the Trinity....

Just want to hear what some of you have to say... and I have no idea what sub-forum to post this to. Yes, I did try searching AFF as well...

THANKS!
It doesn't matter what is 'trinity vs oneness'. It matters 'what saith the Word of God'.

There is One God.

He is the Father.

He is a Spirit.

He is Holy.

He was manifested in the flesh.

Jesus is called the Son of God because He was conceived by the miraculous power of God

The Word was in the beginning, was with God, and WAS God, and created all things. IE God created all things by His word - He spoke all things into existence, to put it bluntly.

His Word was made flesh.

He is the Eternal Life which was made manifest and which the apostles heard, spoke with, saw, touched, etc (ie as JESUS).

He was resurrected and ascended into heaven bodily, but spiritually returned as the Spirit to His disciples to be their Father. (see John 14).

God was manifested in the flesh, and this is 'a great mystery' according to the apostle Paul.

The Bible clearly speaks of Jesus as a genuine human being. It also clearly calls this man 'God', 'our great God and saviour', etc.

He is the visible image of the invisible God.

He is the 'character of God's person', ie the engraving in human nature of God's substance and existence.

In him (the man, Jesus) dwells bodily all the fullness of deity.

He is a man in whom the Spirit operated, as all men should be.

Yet, He is the life giving Spirit as well.

Isaiah says he is to be recognized as wonderful, the counsellor, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, and the Prince of peace.

Our understanding of these mysteries is partial in many areas, and thus often times people say things they perhaps ought not in a feeble attempt to explain things as best they can.

But, the Scripture is the Final Answer on all things.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 05-25-2013, 11:50 AM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:
Praxeas: Is a down right fool if he thinks that lee stone king did not say that jesus was the second person of the god head just go to youtube and watch his video where he is teaching the singaporians about daniel's seventyth week.
I believe the appropriate reference here, would be 'link, or it didn't happen'. I've heard Bro. Stoneking preach, and met him before. I have a very hard time believing you, here. And if he did say that, I'd wager you're twisting the context of the comment.

Quote:
All you so-called oneness have not got the slightest understanding of how to expain (sic) the one god (sic) doctrine.
Every one of you exsplain (sic) it the same way the trinity do only you us (sic) a fifferent (sic) means
I do agree that too many Oneness Pentecostals tend to get caught up in the Trinitarian language when defining our position (something that's bugged me to no end for years), but to say that none of us can explain it is an exaggeration. How about this old song, which I think says it very well?

Quote:
The Mighty God is Jesus, the Prince of Peace is He,
The Everlasting Father, the King eternally,
The Wonderful in wisdom, by whom all things were made,
The fullness of the Godhead in Jesus is displayed

And it's all in Him, it's all in Him
The fullness of the Godhead, it's all in Him
It's all in Him, it's all in Him,
The Mighty God is Jesus and it's all in Him

Emmanuel, God with us, Jehovah, Lord of Hosts,
The omnipresent Spirit that fills the universe
The advocate, the High Priest, the Lamb for sinners slain
The Author of Redemption, Oh Glory to His Name

The Alpha and Omega, Beginning and the End
The Living Word incarnate, the helpless sinners friend,
Our wisdom and perfection, our righteousness and power
Yea, all we need in Jesus, we find this very hour

Our God for whom we've waited, t'will be the glad refrain
Of Israel recreated, when Jesus comes again
Lo! He will come and save us, our King and Priest to be
For in Him dwells all fullness and Lord of all is he
How's that for a definition?

Last edited by Jito463; 05-25-2013 at 11:55 AM.
Old 05-25-2013, 01:55 PM
Apostolic Pentecostal

Jito, you hit a home run with that one!

This is perhaps the most well-known anthem of Oneness Pentecostalism. Written by George Farrow, “It’s All in Him”, so clearly delineates the inter-testamental Oneness revelation of Jesus Christ as the manifest Jehovah God.

We don't sing that enough anymore.
Old 05-25-2013, 06:58 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
It doesn't matter what is 'trinity vs oneness'. It matters 'what saith the Word of God'.

There is One God.

He is the Father.

He is a Spirit.

He is Holy.

He was manifested in the flesh.

Jesus is called the Son of God because He was conceived by the miraculous power of God

The Word was in the beginning, was with God, and WAS God, and created all things. IE God created all things by His word - He spoke all things into existence, to put it bluntly.

His Word was made flesh.

He is the Eternal Life which was made manifest and which the apostles heard, spoke with, saw, touched, etc (ie as JESUS).

He was resurrected and ascended into heaven bodily, but spiritually returned as the Spirit to His disciples to be their Father. (see John 14).

God was manifested in the flesh, and this is 'a great mystery' according to the apostle Paul.

The Bible clearly speaks of Jesus as a genuine human being. It also clearly calls this man 'God', 'our great God and saviour', etc.

He is the visible image of the invisible God.

He is the 'character of God's person', ie the engraving in human nature of God's substance and existence.

In him (the man, Jesus) dwells bodily all the fullness of deity.

He is a man in whom the Spirit operated, as all men should be.

Yet, He is the life giving Spirit as well.

Isaiah says he is to be recognized as wonderful, the counsellor, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, and the Prince of peace.

Our understanding of these mysteries is partial in many areas, and thus often times people say things they perhaps ought not in a feeble attempt to explain things as best they can.

But, the Scripture is the Final Answer on all things.

Do you think the use of "Word" is being used as a synecdoche?
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear
Old 05-25-2013, 08:23 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieMisfits View Post
?
In other words, It denies that Jesus is God.
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear
Old 05-26-2013, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrylyates View Post
Jito, you hit a home run with that one!

This is perhaps the most well-known anthem of Oneness Pentecostalism. Written by George Farrow, “It’s All in Him”, so clearly delineates the inter-testamental Oneness revelation of Jesus Christ as the manifest Jehovah God.

We don't sing that enough anymore.
We still sing it (and songs like it) fairly often at my church. We sing newer songs, as well, but we don't forget the old hymns. I was going to go back and edit in Verse 1, Chorus, Verse 2, etc; but it appears that after a certain period, you can't edit your post anymore. Pity.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:25 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Praxeas: Is a down right fool if he thinks that lee stone king did not say that jesus was the second person of the god head just go to youtube and watch his video where he is teaching the singaporians about daniel's seventyth week.
He does state that jesus is the second person of the godhead.
Quote him verbatim, not paraphrase

Quote:
I have it down loaded to my computer, and also david k. Bernard and were bernard states that in 1 john chapter5 verses 7,8 are not in any manuscripts but he will teach it just the same. Which would mean he is and does teach lies.
Quote him verbatim, not paraphrase
Quote:
You oneness say god is one god with three manifestation and then state he is god the father and god the and god the holy ghost.
Please quote verbatim a Oneness person here saying "God the Father and god the son and god the holy ghost"

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:33 PM
Loving God, His Word, His Name

Quick question... do you think the Son is eternal?

Apostolic Defender Ministries
The Apostolic Defender Podcast on Spotify
Old 05-27-2013, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnTraditional View Post
Quick question... do you think the Son is eternal?
No. The son is a creation, with a defined beginning. The concept of the son goes to the beginning of time (John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word...), but eternity has no beginning.