Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 02-12-2007, 04:19 PM
delete account

Lightbulb I have a serious problem...HELP!

Many of you know that I am going to my son's wedding...it is stressful enough without what is going on now. Remember I told you about the rehearsal dinner? All of his father's family is in the wedding, and mine are not. Since his grandfather and father are preachers then it stands to reason they are and would be in it but it includes all the family members on his side.

Now, my family members are all from out of town/out of state...it is my money that is paying for the rehearsal dinner. My son and his sweet fiance have decided that nobody who isn't in the wedding is allowed to come to the rehearsal dinner...this leaves out my family only.

I refuse to go if my family is not invited. I am not going to go and sit with the Hand family, pay for their meals without my family there to support me. Does anyone think this is unreasonable?

Sincerely, Rhoni

P.S. Besides the fact that my family's feelings are as hurt all to pieces as my own?
Old 02-12-2007, 04:34 PM
Sister Truth Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoni View Post
Many of you know that I am going to my son's wedding...it is stressful enough without what is going on now. Remember I told you about the rehearsal dinner? All of his father's family is in the wedding, and mine are not. Since his grandfather and father are preachers then it stands to reason they are and would be in it but it includes all the family members on his side.

Now, my family members are all from out of town/out of state...it is my money that is paying for the rehearsal dinner. My son and his sweet fiance have decided that nobody who isn't in the wedding is allowed to come to the rehearsal dinner...this leaves out my family only.

I refuse to go if my family is not invited. I am not going to go and sit with the Hand family, pay for their meals without my family there to support me. Does anyone think this is unreasonable?

Sincerely, Rhoni

P.S. Besides the fact that my family's feelings are as hurt all to pieces as my own?
Sister ...... Why are you paying for the rehearsal dinner?
Old 02-12-2007, 04:36 PM
delete account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Truth Seeker View Post
Sister ...... Why are you paying for the rehearsal dinner?

Because, when my ex offerred to pay, my son so graciously told him that it was Mommma's responsibility to pay half of it...but as always I am supporting my husband and his relatives.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:39 PM
delete account

* I don't know what to do with all these feelings*
Old 02-12-2007, 04:42 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

Sincerely, Rhoni

That is wrong!!! Common wedding etiquette (I so cannot spell that word!!!) is that it is to be the wedding party... immediate family OR anyone coming in from out of town... that includes all of the people from your family also... they are wrong and I would say something... nicely but I would say it... They are wrong and everyone has a right to be offended...
Old 02-12-2007, 04:44 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
* I don't know what to do with all these feelings*

I would say lets go get a starbucks but I gotta take Jaid to her daddys to say bye in a few min so ummmmm ummmm ...... I sowwy??? Does that help any? and I am airmailing you a huge HUG!!!!
Old 02-12-2007, 04:47 PM
Sister Truth Seeker

Sister Rhoni I can not understand what is happening with you and your son and the pain it must be causing you....

Have you been close to your son in the past? I can understand the pain....but I also know that if you want to have a relationship with your son and his bride to be, your going to have to put up with this terrible and immature behavior...I would say if your paying you decide who can or can not come to the dinner!!!!! How can he hurt his family I wonder!!! Sis I am so sorry....this has been such an ungoing stressful time...I am praying for you
Old 02-12-2007, 04:48 PM
delete account

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingGrace View Post
I would say lets go get a starbucks but I gotta take Jaid to her daddys to say bye in a few min so ummmmm ummmm ...... I sowwy??? Does that help any? and I am airmailing you a huge HUG!!!!
Thank-you...it helps a lot...we'll do Starbucks another time.

Love & Blessings, Rhoni
Old 02-12-2007, 04:49 PM
Prayerful lives are powerful

Quote:
Because, when my ex offerred to pay, my son so graciously told him that it was Mommma's responsibility to pay half of it...but as always I am supporting my husband and his relatives.
May I ask why you call him your husband instead of ex? I have a friend that refers to his ex as his children's mom and they are on good terms.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:02 PM
delete account

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMcD View Post
May I ask why you call him your husband instead of ex? I have a friend that refers to his ex as his children's mom and they are on good terms.
Just a slip...I have paid all my ex's taxes and bills for years...we do not have a good relationship...it is conflictual and disheartening...13 years of pure hell....Just like a marriage...there are two people who have to decide to get along and work the marriage...divorce is just as bad...it takes two. I was awful for 12 years but this 13th year is about to kill me...I wish I'd die or he would.