Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 04-25-2007, 07:01 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
In 1985, after decades of musical concert touring, Christian and secular television productions, and receiving Grammy and Dove Award honors, the focus of ministry changed dramatically for Dony and Reba Rambo McGuire. They believed God was calling them out of concerts into evangelistic crusades.
In other words not enough people paying for their music, so they decided to start a huge church based on modern church building principles
Old 04-25-2007, 07:02 PM
The LORD will fight for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri View Post
There is a family member of someone that I know that is gay and he has started attending this church. I had just heard last week that it is "gay-confirming" and it just made me sick to my stomach. Donny preached for us several years ago and did a really good job. But I had heard that Reba had recently preached at an openly gay conference, so I'm not surprised by this too much.
It is a very sad situation. This really isn't a recent development. They have been touring, I hesitate using the word ministering, in gay churches for some time.

The spirit of homosexuality is directly linked to the spirit of the Antichrist and we will see many more fall under this deception before Christ's return.

We should all pray that God will deliver them out of this darkness.

Isaiah 53:5: "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."(KJV)

"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." Dwight L. Moody
Old 04-25-2007, 07:02 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
And Donny is the ex-husband of the wife of the choir director at Christ Church in Nashville.
If he accepts homsexuality as a lifestyle ,no telling what he might involved in.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:03 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Over and over the same testimony was heard, “We walked into a service and began to weep because we knew we had found ‘Home’.”
Still nothing about Jesus or learning to be better servants of God....no they found "home"...home for some folks is Islam...for others it's New Ageism...it can be anything when all one is interested in is finding a club to join
Old 04-25-2007, 07:04 PM
Go Dodgers!

Look at the picture on this page
http://www.theriveratmusiccity.com/our_pastors.html
Old 04-25-2007, 07:05 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

God loves people caught in bondage ,but He wants to deliever them from their sin.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:08 PM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
And Donny is the ex-husband of the wife of the choir director at Christ Church in Nashville.
Oh no, not that again, he he

BTW, I thinks my eldest brother, "Chic" either dated her or was "close" friends at one time...this was a long time ago, so I would have to verify with him...or her, hahaha
Old 04-25-2007, 07:09 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

That's a bit too liberal for me.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
In other words not enough people paying for their music, so they decided to start a huge church based on modern church building principles
I don't think it is a huge church. I have lived here since 1999 in Nashville and other than seeing an ad for their church when they first started I have never heard anything about it.

Someone told me it is still pretty small, around 100 members, but I don't actually know.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:19 PM
philjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
He appears to be a little limp and she looks like a $5 street walker! JMHO!