Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom
Facebook

Notices

The Newsroom FYI: News & Current Events, Political Discussions, etc.

Old 02-15-2007, 10:10 PM
"It's Never Too Late"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpenter View Post
Who is Bishop Earl Paulk?

He is in Atlanta. Always seemed kind of sqweamish to me.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:07 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neckstadt View Post
He is in Atlanta. Always seemed kind of sqweamish to me.
Hmm, I'm in Atlanta area----Never heard of him.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:09 PM
Registered Member

we never got a link either.

have your pets spayed or neutered
Bob Barker
Old 03-01-2007, 01:10 PM
Registered Member

The most recent lawsuit filed against TBN regular Earl Paulk alleging sexual misconduct was featured on CNN’s Paula Zahn Now program on January 19, 2006. CNN correspondent David Mattingly interviewed the former church soloist of Chapel Hill Harvester Church in Decatur, Georgia, Mona Brewer who, along with her husband Bobby, filed suit against Paulk and his church in August, 2005. This is one of many victims that have surfaced and alleged that Paulk had molested them, including a woman who had been molested by Paulk since the age of 7, according to the July 2001 edition of Charisma magazine.

On Thursday’s report on CNN, Mona Brewer painted a pitiful picture of how she was conditioned to obey her pastor who goes by the title of Archbishop Earl Paulk. She had been a singer and member on the worship team in his church for ten years before Paulk made his move.

"I was just overwhelmed, because that was such a great opportunity," Brewer said to Mattingly, recalling her elation at the invitation to see Paulk in his office. It was an opportunity to spend time with the man she considered a prophet and a mouthpiece for God. "Nobody got to do that. I mean, he was awesome. I mean, everybody wanted to talk to him. And he just invited me to his office to talk to him for a few minutes. And that was really incredible."

"He said, ‘well, I guess you will just have to take your clothes off, because I'm going to have to love you.’ Whoa. And I thought, oh, God. You know, I didn't want to do it, but what choice did I have? I mean, I have been taught for all these years not to question him. And I had this word from God. I mean, God obviously wanted me to do this. And it was so foreign to me, but I -- I didn't know what else to do. I was on the spot. So, I took off my clothes, and we did it."

She went on to explain how she was at his beck and call for sexual services for the next fourteen years. Paulk shared her with members of his family and visiting charismatic preachers. Paulk excused his behavior with his own personal theology called "Kingdom Relationships." Brewer explained: "Because he said, ‘you know, the adultery issue was for the little ones.’ It was for the -- the people, the, you know, commoners. It wasn't for people who God elevated and trusted with special things like this, relationships like this. And that's the way he explained it to me."

Paulk denies the allegations and has filed a countersuit against Brewer accusing her and her husband of slander. Paulk’s attorney brushed off the lawsuit as merely an attempt to get money out of him. "The attorney claims it was Mona who seduced Paulk and only on one or two occasions. He says Paulk has openly confessed this to his congregation and he suggests that the Brewer's lawsuit is driven by money."

Another alleged victim in this lawsuit told a similar story to CNN. "Cindy Hall is also a married former member of the Chapel Hill Harvester Church, who claims to have also been manipulated by Paulk for ten years into performing sometimes twice daily sexual acts with him and occasionally other men and women," Mattingly reported. Hall recalled how Paulk would even pray over her during the act and make it look like something holy she was doing for God.

The program ended with the story of how when Mona Brewer finally wised up she told her husband who then confronted both Earl and his brother Don Paulk and punched both of them in the face. Graphic close-up shots of Earl with two black eyes and Don with a cut and swollen lip finished the feature.

"And Mona Brewer and Cindy Hall say they hope that by telling their stories, others will come forward from the church," Paula Zahn concluded. "The church, meanwhile, continues to hold regular services and no court date has yet been set."
Old 03-01-2007, 01:11 PM
Registered Member

Old 03-01-2007, 01:13 PM
Registered Member

http://www.apologeticsindex.org/150-earl-paulk
Old 03-01-2007, 01:13 PM
Registered Member

the only thing I've seen on you tube was from 1993