Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 12-25-2014, 04:33 PM
Registered Member

Original Sin

This needs to be discussed. Unless a person changes the text of the KJV, original sin cannot be denied. What think all of you?

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 12-25-2014, 04:35 PM
Registered Member

Re: Original Sin

Romans 5 says that one man's disobedience made many into sinners. That is essentially the doctrine of original sin in a nutshell directly from the bible.

Rom 5:18-19 KJV Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life. (19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Because Christ's righteousness is given to us all, then by the same token Adam's sin was given to us all.

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 12-25-2014, 04:42 PM
Registered Member

1Co 15:21-22 KJV For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. (22) For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

Old 12-25-2014, 05:43 PM
Banned

don't get me wrong; original sin exists. i have no problem with that. but when it was made into a doctrine, "Original Sin"--incidentally, over the objections of many, splitting a Council, and the Est'd church at the time apart--it became, i am convinced, our downfall.

Last edited by shazeep; 12-25-2014 at 07:16 PM.
Old 12-25-2014, 05:46 PM
Banned

see that "original sin" is not just some handy doctrine to explain why we need Grace--that part is fine
http://www.wikihow.com/Recognize-the...ristian-Models
Old 12-25-2014, 05:54 PM
Banned

and, an erudite woman--Hanne Nabintu Herland? witnessing the fruit...
http://rt.com/shows/worlds-apart-oksana-boyko/
(wow, those identifying with the church in Russia up like 100% since the 90s, who knew)
(200 million Chinese Christians!)
Old 12-25-2014, 06:39 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
This needs to be discussed. Unless a person changes the text of the KJV, original sin cannot be denied. What think all of you?
I agree. We are born with the law of sin in our members.
Old 12-25-2014, 07:17 PM
Banned

yes, i am seeing more clearly now that is proceeding from this, as a starting point, that is the problem.
Old 12-25-2014, 09:08 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
I suppose it depends on what you mean by original sin.

Sin nor a tendency to sin was passed down to us from Adam. However, as we are all sons of Adam we all take part in his curse, natural death. That curse is upon us whether we sin or do not sin. I mean even Jesus died.

Romans 5:12 "...so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:"

Romans 5:19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

There is no other verse that will back this thought up: Adam sinning did not make us sin. Therefore I conclude the best reading of Romans 5:19 is that one man's disobedience made us as sinners before God and likewise one man's rightouesness made us as righteous before God. What I have posted here is the clear teaching throughout romans, that we are not righteous but that we are counted as righteous because of Christ's righteousness.

Last edited by jfrog; 12-25-2014 at 09:26 PM.
Old 12-26-2014, 07:21 AM
Banned

It seems to me that we have inherited our father Adams' sin nature.

But when we are born again, we are given a new nature from our new Father to help us overcome our old nature of sin......

2 Pet 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.