Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 02-02-2008, 01:11 PM
Registered Member

Re: McCain Is the Only Hope of the GOP & America

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherHall View Post
Even more interesting is that Paul was defending the Roman Government's right to tax and use the sword. However, history will show that early Christians serving in Roman military and government were executed because they refused to draw blood.
What God wrote and what many did are sometimes 2 different things. Some were also monastic.

- Groucho Marx
Old 02-02-2008, 01:12 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReformedDave View Post
The Bible states that this is the government's job and the rules are laid down in Scripture.
Dave...those were the Laws laid down in ancient Israel. Paul didn't endorce overthrowing Rome and instituting Biblical Law as you are in regards to the United States.
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11 (English Standard Version)
Old 02-02-2008, 01:14 PM
Registered Member

Felicity...

This is what Christian Americans are up against in the US. We've been hijacked by religious extremists who cloak their efforts to subvert the Constitution with mock patriotism and a extreme interpretation of the Bible they claim is biblical. They are to Christianity what Wahabbists are to Islam.
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11 (English Standard Version)
Old 02-02-2008, 01:15 PM
Renewed

Quote:
Gentlemen you're revealing your spirits....

"52And sent messengers before his face: and they went, and entered into a village of the Samaritans, to make ready for him.
53And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem.
54And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?
55But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of." - Luke 9:52-55

In your right wing ferver you're loosing your Christianity. Come back to sanity and compassion.
Luke 9:5
And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet for a testimony against them
You can't reach the world with your talents. People are sick and tired of religious talents. People need a Holy Ghost annointed church with real fruits to reach out and touch their lives. ~ Pastor Burrell Crabtree

In fact I think that the insinuation of "hateful" Pentecostals is coming mostly from the fertile imaginations of bitter, backslidden ex Apostolics who are constantly trying to find a way to justify their actions. ~ strait shooter

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 02-02-2008, 01:16 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReformedDave View Post
What God wrote and what many did are sometimes 2 different things. Some were also monastic.
Give me one biblical example of a Christian using the sword to execute sinners. Just one.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty View Post
Luke 9:5
And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet for a testimony against them
Scotty...you're so blind. I'm not your enemy. I'm advocating social compassion, that's all. Dave and you are advocating executing people. If Dave had his way, trust me, eventually even you would sin and find Dave's guns turned on you. And in that moment...I'd still be advocating compassion...but toward you.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:18 PM
Renewed

Quote:
Felicity...

This is what Christian Americans are up against in the US. We've been hijacked by religious extremists who cloak their efforts to subvert the Constitution with mock patriotism and a extreme interpretation of the Bible they claim is biblical. They are to Christianity what Wahabbists are to Islam.
After the immorality you promote in this thread it is easy to see why the term "christian" has lost its power and separation.
You can't reach the world with your talents. People are sick and tired of religious talents. People need a Holy Ghost annointed church with real fruits to reach out and touch their lives. ~ Pastor Burrell Crabtree

In fact I think that the insinuation of "hateful" Pentecostals is coming mostly from the fertile imaginations of bitter, backslidden ex Apostolics who are constantly trying to find a way to justify their actions. ~ strait shooter

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 02-02-2008, 01:21 PM
Renewed

Quote:
Scotty...you're so blind. I'm not your enemy. I'm advocating social compassion, that's all. Dave and you are advocating executing people.
executing?!?! Not hardly , but neither will I advocate acceptance, or even worse would I advocate to have the solution with out God involvement. That is what scares me about your approach, you are advocating "man can fix it himself, ie; you .

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 02-02-2008, 01:24 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
After the immorality you promote in this thread it is easy to see why the term "christian" has lost its power and separation.
I've not promoted immorality.

In regards to abortion I've promoted addressing the issues women face and reducing the abortion rate. Once abortion rates are low enough to be rather insignificant banning abortion will be the next logical step and far more probable. You guys want to ban abortion and execute women and doctors.

In regards to gay rights, I've only stated that they are private individuals, and while it makes me sick that they do what they do, it's a free country and their private arrangements are their own. You guys want to criminalize private behavior and contracts and execute homosexuals.

I believe we in the United States are falling behind the Westernized world when it comes to health care and that we can do what other nations have done even better and cover all Americans. You guys don't care if an estimated 18,000 Americans die from treatable disease every year in the US only because they cannot afford health insurance.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:30 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
executing?!?! Not hardly , but neither will I advocate acceptance, or even worse would I advocate to have the solution with out God involvement. That is what scares me about your approach, you are advocating "man can fix it himself, ie; you .
You're reading into what I'm saying. I've prayed about it and sincerely feel God desires that we do something as a nation to cover all Americans in regards to health care. God isn't pleased with all the people who have died simply because they couldn't afford treatments or their insurance denied them coverage. Much prayer has gone into my position on this. When I was in Canada and had some eye opening experiences I sat on a dock in Ontario searching my heart as to where I stood on the issue. I asked, "Jesus, would you want every American to receive health care? Would you be pleased if we as a nation united to care for eachother in this way?" I felt in the Holy Ghost a simple, "Yes." I know a doctor who works at Miami Valley Hospital in Dayton Ohio who is a faithful Christian who does a lot of charity work. He was explaining to me how they aren't even making a dint in the problem. He said point blank, "Chris, I support a national health insurance program BECAUSE I'm a Christian."

Tommy Douglas of Canada advocated for a national health care initiative. He was a Baptist minister and it was his Christian faith that drew him to do so.

Brother...you're trying to justify the unjustifiable by reading into what I'm sayng. Bro....you're Social Darwinist, Right Wing Extremism, isn't compatible with Christianity.