Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
america, prayer, president, russia, war

Old 03-14-2014, 05:20 PM
Registered Member

Russia Shoots Down American Drone in Crimea!

Heavenly Father, give our President wisdom and courage in this time of provocation. You know that Russia is wrong and is the aggressor in this situation. You also know that our people are weary with war. I know that You have all things in Your Hands and I pray that you guide the decisions of our President with wisdom, courage and righteousness.

In the Name of Jesus Christ I pray.

Amen.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:49 PM
Registered Saint

Re: Russia Shoots Down American Drone in Crimea!

Shooting down a drone is actually not that big of a deal. Shooting at a plane with people inside is a bigger deal, but if nobody dies nothing will probably be done.
Old 03-14-2014, 09:05 PM
Go Dodgers!

link?

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:29 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
Heavenly Father, give our President wisdom and courage in this time of provocation. You know that Russia is wrong and is the aggressor in this situation. You also know that our people are weary with war. I know that You have all things in Your Hands and I pray that you guide the decisions of our President with wisdom, courage and righteousness.

In the Name of Jesus Christ I pray.

Amen.
You serious, bro? Do you really believe God wants obama and the US to retaliate with force against Russia? You really think America is the good guy in the situation, and Russia is some evil force?

I said it in another post and I'll repeat it here: Russia has more business in Crimea than we do. Russia had a treaty with the Ukraine government; it has military bases in Crimea. When the Ukrainian government fell, Russia did what it felt it needed to do to protect it's resources and bases.

Do you honestly believe the US would sit back and do nothing -- or allow some international force to come in and control its bases or resources. Absolutely not! We'd put boots on the ground to ensure we kept control.

That's what Russia is doing.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:30 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
link?
Source Link
Old 03-15-2014, 06:33 AM
Registered Member

We are reaping the fruits of a ridiculous policy pushed by Bill Clinton of stripping Ukraine of its nukes. In addition, our refusal to aggressively tap into our own vast energy resources has further empowered Putin. We are too weakened to fight this man. Let the EU deal with it.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:29 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
You serious, bro? Do you really believe God wants obama and the US to retaliate with force against Russia? You really think America is the good guy in the situation, and Russia is some evil force?

I said it in another post and I'll repeat it here: Russia has more business in Crimea than we do. Russia had a treaty with the Ukraine government; it has military bases in Crimea. When the Ukrainian government fell, Russia did what it felt it needed to do to protect it's resources and bases.

Do you honestly believe the US would sit back and do nothing -- or allow some international force to come in and control its bases or resources. Absolutely not! We'd put boots on the ground to ensure we kept control.

That's what Russia is doing.
Our country made an agreement with Ukraine long ago.

By that agreement, we are obligated to defend Ukraine.
Old 03-15-2014, 12:11 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post

Our country made an agreement with Ukraine long ago.

By that agreement, we are obligated to defend Ukraine.
Has Russia attacked Ukraine? Have they fired any weapons at Ukraine? What, besides sending troops to secure their bases and resources in Crimea, have they done against Ukraine?

I've asked the question twice and it's been ignored. Maybe this time I'll get an answer.

What do you believe the US would do if a country we had resources and bases in, and a treaty with, had the government overthrown and no clear resolution?

Do you really think the US would sit back and allow the situation to unfold without putting sending troops to secure our bases and resources? You really think we'd cede control of the situation to some foreign country or the UN or EU to tell us what to do?

You're naive if you think we wouldn't do exactly what Russia is doing in Crimea.
Old 03-15-2014, 12:45 PM
Registered Member

BTW, the US isn't concerned with Ukraine really. We're more concerned with the pipeline that goes through there. That's really what this is all about, for both sides.

Russia is using the overthrow of the government as a cover to take control of the pipelines, and the US and the EU doesn't want that to happen.

Russia and China already trade oil without using the dollar. Russia has the upper hand here. This could cause a shift away from the petrodollar and a massive economic collapse here.
Old 03-15-2014, 01:58 PM
Don't ask.

Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?