Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 03-19-2018, 05:59 PM
Registered Member

Father in ICU

Requesting prayer for my father, who is in ICU with Pneumonia. He's sedated and on a ventilator. Nurse said he's critical.
Old 03-19-2018, 06:15 PM
Registered Member

Re: Father in ICU

Praying for you and yours!! In Jesus name!

Check out my new Podcast, and YouTube Channel:
https://histruthismarchingon.blubrry.net
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE!
Old 03-19-2018, 06:52 PM
Not riding the train

Praying here!!!
Old 03-20-2018, 03:57 AM
of 9!! :)

Prayer for you Father.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:43 AM
Registered Member

Praying for your dad.
Old 03-20-2018, 01:13 PM
On the road less traveled

Praying for your father David! Update if you can!
Old 03-21-2018, 09:36 AM
Administrator

Praying.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 03-21-2018, 11:31 AM
Registered Member

Thank you all for your prayers.

Long story short, Monday evening we were preparing for the possibility of my father passing. He was not good. Pneumonia in both lungs. BP very low. There was some infection or bacteria in his bloodstream which the Dr said was wrecking havoc on his body and coupled with the pneumonia, caused the sudden and nearly fatal drop in health. On the way into ER, he told my mother "I don't think I'm going to make it." ER staff said he was critical and we weren't allowed to see him for several hours.

His heart isn't functioning normally. At a recent check up with his cardiologist, he was told the only thing keeping his heart going was the pacemaker/defibrillator which was installed years ago. This past week, he told my brother that he wasn't feeling well and didn't believe he would be here much longer.

Yesterday morning, I went up to the hospital thinking I would still see him sedated and harnessed in his bed. Instead, he was awake and alert. Within a couple hours of being there, the Dr visited the room and ordered the ventilator to be removed.

His first comments to us were, "I was ready to go home. I was at peace with going home. I wanted to go. I felt mom and you all would be alright. Then I remembered there are still people who need to be saved, so I'm not going home just yet."

I'm back at work this morning, but last time I checked, he's doing well and waiting to be transferred out of ICU into a regular room sometime this morning or afternoon. Will likely remain in the hospital another day or two to be monitored.
Old 03-21-2018, 11:33 AM
Covenant Apostolic

thankful that he is better
Old 03-23-2018, 07:27 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Thank you all for your prayers.

Long story short, Monday evening we were preparing for the possibility of my father passing. He was not good. Pneumonia in both lungs. BP very low. There was some infection or bacteria in his bloodstream which the Dr said was wrecking havoc on his body and coupled with the pneumonia, caused the sudden and nearly fatal drop in health. On the way into ER, he told my mother "I don't think I'm going to make it." ER staff said he was critical and we weren't allowed to see him for several hours.

His heart isn't functioning normally. At a recent check up with his cardiologist, he was told the only thing keeping his heart going was the pacemaker/defibrillator which was installed years ago. This past week, he told my brother that he wasn't feeling well and didn't believe he would be here much longer.

Yesterday morning, I went up to the hospital thinking I would still see him sedated and harnessed in his bed. Instead, he was awake and alert. Within a couple hours of being there, the Dr visited the room and ordered the ventilator to be removed.

His first comments to us were, "I was ready to go home. I was at peace with going home. I wanted to go. I felt mom and you all would be alright. Then I remembered there are still people who need to be saved, so I'm not going home just yet."

I'm back at work this morning, but last time I checked, he's doing well and waiting to be transferred out of ICU into a regular room sometime this morning or afternoon. Will likely remain in the hospital another day or two to be monitored.
Great report!