Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-29-2011, 11:01 AM
Registered Member

Re: Miracle at Impact Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltaguitar View Post
BTW, there was a little girl healed of brain cancer after the elders at our church prayed for her. But because it is a baptist church none of my pentecostal family believes it.
then you dont know jeff arnold, infact at a preachers conference He talked about a woman, who had never been baptized in Jesus name, never spoke in tounges, she prayed for her crippled son and God healed him.

He even went to the point and said if you want to go ahead and condem me a heretic. He knew what he saw.

So he would probably believed that happened.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerrak View Post
then you dont know jeff arnold, infact at a preachers conference He talked about a woman, who had never been baptized in Jesus name, never spoke in tounges, she prayed for her crippled son and God healed him.

He even went to the point and said if you want to go ahead and condem me a heretic. He knew what he saw.

So he would probably believed that happened.
I wasn't speaking directly about Jeff Arnold no believing. Among some they think that their movement has more power or miracles than other groups. I have had people tell me that God hears the prayers of a person and can heal a sinner after I had told them of the miracle in our church.

I know all about JA and have watched or heard many of his sermons. Like I said, I always like the guy when I was in the UPC and could claim that some of his sermons helped me leave because he questioned the established doctrine at times. I figured if he could do it I could do it without going to hell.

I remember the quote he had about the UPC having a lot of head knowledge but no love and the charismatics who had big hearts.

I am not a fan of the faith building type sermons because it is very close to the word of faith types stuff I am used to seeing where they blame the person needing healing if they aren't healed.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:51 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I wasn't speaking directly about Jeff Arnold no believing. Among some they think that their movement has more power or miracles than other groups. I have had people tell me that God hears the prayers of a person and can heal a sinner after I had told them of the miracle in our church.

I know all about JA and have watched or heard many of his sermons. Like I said, I always like the guy when I was in the UPC and could claim that some of his sermons helped me leave because he questioned the established doctrine at times. I figured if he could do it I could do it without going to hell.

I remember the quote he had about the UPC having a lot of head knowledge but no love and the charismatics who had big hearts.

I am not a fan of the faith building type sermons because it is very close to the word of faith types stuff I am used to seeing where they blame the person needing healing if they aren't healed.
personally i have seen more moves of the Spirit in a trinity pentacostal church of God than i have in the Upci.

For it is the same Spirit in both assemblies.

No man has the power to Heal only God does, and he is not bound by any denomination
Old 07-29-2011, 01:08 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerrak View Post
personally i have seen more moves of the Spirit in a trinity pentacostal church of God than i have in the Upci.

For it is the same Spirit in both assemblies.

No man has the power to Heal only God does, and he is not bound by any denomination
acerrak, you are right. God moves where he wants to move.

I am not saying this to put down on the UPC but just to illustrate how feelings can change. After four years after leaving the UPC I have only been to two services. One was at youthquake in Bastrop, Louisiana where I went to see my brother sing in the choir and also to try to mend some of the distance between my parents and myself.

The second was at easter.

Honestly, I didn't feel anything. I has just been so long and is so distant from everything that I believe that it is hard to take it serious. I respect a lot of the people there and I know they really are sincere.

The church I go to now has only songs and a sermon. There isn't any drama, light shows, or anything amazing. It is just so pure and simple and I love it. Sometimes I look around and I wonder if that is what heaven will be like. Just peaceful and passionate and glorious.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:20 PM
Accepts all friends requests

Technically... the failure of a nurse to find a pulse is not the same as a person being "dead." The nurse just couldn't find a pulse. This IS cause to be concerned... even alarmed, obviously. But "dead?" Not necessarily.

http://news.myjoyonline.com/lightern...1107/70172.asp

I wasn't there and have no idea what happened. But, knowing JA - he may well of over-exerted himself while preaching to the point of pushing his aging body to its natural limits. Lots of preachers have died in the pulpit. Some have even been killed while ministering from the pulpit.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:49 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

I wonder why God would let him die just to heal him. Hmmm, . . .
John 12:10-11 says, "But the chief priests consulted that they might put Lazarus also to death; Because that by reason of him many of the Jews went away, and believed on Jesus."

Jesus purposely allowed Lazarus to die just so he could raise him from the dead and bring people to belief. Even then the skeptics just discounted the whole event and even sought to discredit and destroy those involved in the miracle.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:51 PM
Registered Member

Of course my view doesn't really need to be said. Oh, I believe he collapsed and was out for several minutes.......
Old 07-29-2011, 02:08 PM
Registered Member

Although, I only got to see the preaching on the internet, several people in my church were there and I have family in that church. Four nurses and an Iraq war veteran experienced with death couldn't find his pulse. He was gray as ash. He was unconscious and unresponsive. He wasn't breathing. They didn't say he was dead as far as I know, but it certainly appeared that way. After several minutes of apparent lifelessness, Bro. Arnold sat up and then got up worshipping. Other miracles were a testimony of one guy to his eyes being healed. Two others testified of healing of deafness. One was deaf in one ear. The other was partially deaf in both ears. Close to fifty testified of pain leaving their body in the service. What is interesting is that at the end of his preaching Bro. Arnold repeatedly said "We don't need hyper-faith." The service was actually slow and he was really almost teaching rather than preaching. (If you can believe that.) It was a definite move of God, not worked up junk. There will be other reports coming out of it, that is for sure. So, Praise God!!!!! He is the one who gets all the glory!
Old 07-29-2011, 02:11 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

I totally believe God can raise the dead! As to why? I would think it would be to bring attention to the gospel and convince the unbeliever.

Lord, by this time he stinketh... For he has been dead four days!

25Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 07-29-2011, 02:19 PM
Registered Member

i wonder if he was unconscious? did he see a tunnel of light? did he speak to god or a few angels?