Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 08-01-2007, 02:19 PM
His Eminance, High Potatohead Potatotate

Is There a Light at the end of My Tunnel Because I sure can't See It...

Have you ever asked yourself that question and said those very words?

Sometimes it seems that we can't see the light for the darkness in the tunnels we have to go thru at times in Life. While we are focused on making it thru we just don't know what's waiting for us when we come out. Some give up and just live in the darkness always wondering what could have been or would have been if they hadn't given up while others work, shove, push and pull themselves thru hoping that they soon will see the light.

The reality is there are so many twists and turns in the tunnel of Life that the light is often not there when the next bend comes. Some say, "Why even try?" and give up. They sentence themselves to a continual process of darkness and discouragement. Many times they never realize there is a light that would guide them thru their darkest of hours within their reach and that Light is the Bible, God's Word.

David wrote in Psalms that God's Word was like a lamp to light his way helping him navigate the darkness he was walking thru. So many times we forget there is a Light to help us and the Light is generally closer than we think. Many times its sitting on our fireplace mantle or in the drawer of our nightstand or in a bookshelf in the living room shuffled among our self help books. We will wring our hands and worry about losing sight of the light until it becomes so dim because the unknown twists and turns of Life have blocked it out.

Don't worry your not alone, we all go thru tunnels in Life but coming out them is the Best part because you realize that with God's help and His Word He was able to keep you and guide you thru those dark paths by lighting your way and keeping you safe.

Hey... Be Encouraged!!

Take some time today to read God's Word, the Bible... It is the perfect flashlight that never needs batteries or a lightbulb and It will never Let You Down!!

Just a thought..

Randy
Old 08-01-2007, 02:26 PM
Administrator

Bah, Humbug!!!!
Old 08-01-2007, 02:27 PM
Chewy

Great thoughts, I once saw a light at the end of my tunnel, it turned out to be a train!

Old 08-01-2007, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
Bah, Humbug!!!!
CryBaby!!!
Old 08-01-2007, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Great thoughts, I once saw a light at the end of my tunnel, it turned out to be a train!

Did someone beat your chest and scream..."LIVE"!!!! "LIVE"!!!!! ???
Old 08-01-2007, 02:35 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
Have you ever asked yourself that question and said those very words?

Sometimes it seems that we can't see the light for the darkness in the tunnels we have to go thru at times in Life. While we are focused on making it thru we just don't know what's waiting for us when we come out. Some give up and just live in the darkness always wondering what could have been or would have been if they hadn't given up while others work, shove, push and pull themselves thru hoping that they soon will see the light.

The reality is there are so many twists and turns in the tunnel of Life that the light is often not there when the next bend comes. Some say, "Why even try?" and give up. They sentence themselves to a continual process of darkness and discouragement. Many times they never realize there is a light that would guide them thru their darkest of hours within their reach and that Light is the Bible, God's Word.

David wrote in Psalms that God's Word was like a lamp to light his way helping him navigate the darkness he was walking thru. So many times we forget there is a Light to help us and the Light is generally closer than we think. Many times its sitting on our fireplace mantle or in the drawer of our nightstand or in a bookshelf in the living room shuffled among our self help books. We will wring our hands and worry about losing sight of the light until it becomes so dim because the unknown twists and turns of Life have blocked it out.

Don't worry your not alone, we all go thru tunnels in Life but coming out them is the Best part because you realize that with God's help and His Word He was able to keep you and guide you thru those dark paths by lighting your way and keeping you safe.

Hey... Be Encouraged!!

Take some time today to read God's Word, the Bible... It is the perfect flashlight that never needs batteries or a lightbulb and It will never Let You Down!!

Just a thought..

Randy
Excellent post!!!! The Lord has instructed me, many times, to stay in His Word and He would see me through!
Old 08-01-2007, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Excellent post!!!! The Lord has instructed me, many times, to stay in His Word and He would see me through!
Amen...
Old 08-01-2007, 03:12 PM
Christmas 2009

I'm so glad that I read your entire post. From the thread title, I was getting worried about you!!! Good post!
Old 08-01-2007, 03:25 PM
Create Your Own Rainbows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri View Post
I'm so glad that I read your entire post. From the thread title, I was getting worried about you!!! Good post!
He can't see it cuz he has on those black glasses.........
Old 08-01-2007, 03:35 PM
Brother Strange

A few days ago, my son and I were driving through town. On the median was what appeared to be a perfectly healthy man begging for money. He had a sign up saying that he would work for food. As we waited for the light to change, I asked my son if he recognzed any difference in the man on the street begging for money from any one of the rest of us that appear to be doing well.

I don't recall their answers but I will say to you that it is all in the mind of man. What lifts man up above the the level of a beggar with not a worldly possession that he can call his own and places him in a prosperous state, whether that state be financial wealth, marital bliss, contentment with life, or whatever makes one happy, is the mind.

The mind of man his his spiritual organ. This is why the bible speaks so much about the mind. Let this mind be in you...renewing the mind...the mind of Christ...mind stayed on him...the regeneration of the mind....on and on.

Whether one is depressed, discouraged, melancholy, fearful, or whether he is so high with joy and happiness as to be bouncing off the walls has everything to do with the mind. The mind is the powerhouse, whether it be weak or effectual, of man. His energies and life forces flow via his mind.

So if things are not to our satisfaction, we can change it. It is a matter of changing the mind. The mind is like a computer, it will give us the results of all that we feed it. Sometimes, to get the end result that we want, we need to start reprograming the mind months and even sometimes years before we see the results of the change of mind.

Tunnel? What tunnel? I was in a tunnel that went under a river once upon a time.