Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 09-20-2008, 09:54 PM
Registered Member

Re: In case you've missed the recent polls ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OP_Carl View Post
He can't show you any of that. Nobody can.

But they can show you leg tingles, shivers of excitement, and hope. Heaping bucketfuls of hope.

People have bottled up their frustrations at all the squandered opportunities during the first six years of the Bush administration, wherin folks learned that "compassionate conservative" = big government big spender.

Now people are right where the propagandists want them: deciding important issues with their feelings instead of their reasoning faculties. Just like Madison avenue. They can't sell a single bauble until they've made folks feel dissatisfied.

The Obama candidacy is the single largest hoax ever perpetrated. The McCain candidacy is gunning pretty hard for the #2 slot.
Maybe you should read the Ron Paul Thread!!...J/K Sorta
Old 09-20-2008, 10:04 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OP_Carl View Post
That is because Ross Perot siphoned off 17% of the popular vote. That makes a mess of the electoral math.
That still doesn't negate the fact that the canidate who wins the popular vote almost always wins the electoral college, irrespective if the winning canidate wins an outright majority of votes or obtains a mere plurality as was the case with Clintion. The last time that the loser of the popular vote won the electoral college prior to 2000 was 1888.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:05 PM
Pride of the Neighborhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeinAR View Post
the al-qaeda sect actually respsonsible for planning and executing 9/11 are as strong as they were before 9/11 occured.
You lose all credibility with statements like this. If al-qaeda was so much stronger, why hasn't there been the obligatory attack on us we were seeing from them during the Cinton years? World Trade Center (1993), Khobar Towers (1996), US Embassies in Africa (1998) and USS Cole (2000). After 9/11 and our attack on the Taliban and AQ, the attacks on us are zero. The most recent attack on the embassy in Yemen may be AQ, but if so, it was very weak and no Americans were killed. They are in no way as strong as they were before 9/11. That is just a statement based on not knowing the facts or purposefully ignoring them only because you can't handle giving President Bush the credit he deserves for keeping us safe since 9/11.

Quote:
The economy is going to decide this election. Barring any major bumbling by either candidate at the debates, this election goes to the candidate who looks voters in the eye and promises to protect their wallet.
If Rick Warrens forum was any indicator, Obama better worry. The man's lack of conviction on anything was so glaringly obvious compared to McCain's quick answers and strsight forward responses. McCain will make O look like the schoolboy he is. McCain is a MAN. He will dwarf Obama in the debates. I predict it will go so bad for Obama, he will opt out of the last one. He did well against the likes of Hillary and Edwards who had no moral authority to lean upon. McCain has moral authority oozing out of his every pore.

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:06 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevDWW View Post
Explain why anyone would want a man who seems to be keen of the redistribution of wealth by taxation and government programs, that is wealth that is not his?
I have a question about your question. With a $750+ billion bail out of corporate America on it's way to Congress and a $700+ billion war bill thanks to W's Iraq policy, how would you suggest America get back in the black? We're running debt into the trillions currently. Running that kind of national debt isn't without consequences. For one, it fuels inflation rates which in turn, raises prices.

Are you really suggesting that simply cutting government spending and growing the economy will aptly take care of the debt of the last 8 years? Your positive that it makes good logical sense to not increase taxes on any category of tax payers to pay the tab?
Old 09-20-2008, 10:06 PM
Administrator

I really don't pay much attention to polls, no matter whose favor they're in. (Unless they are significantly leaning one way or the other, and I don't consider 5 points or less to be significant.)

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 09-20-2008, 10:12 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBrattified View Post
I really don't pay much attention to polls, no matter whose favor they're in. (Unless they are significantly leaning one way or the other, and I don't consider 5 points or less to be significant.)

Neither do I.

I think this election belongs to McCain.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:33 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon blues View Post
You lose all credibility with statements like this. If al-qaeda was so much stronger, why hasn't there been the obligatory attack on us we were seeing from them during the Cinton years? World Trade Center (1993), Khobar Towers (1996), US Embassies in Africa (1998) and USS Cole (2000). After 9/11 and our attack on the Taliban and AQ, the attacks on us are zero. The most recent attack on the embassy in Yemen may be AQ, but if so, it was very weak and no Americans were killed. They are in no way as strong as they were before 9/11. That is just a statement based on not knowing the facts or purposefully ignoring them only because you can't handle giving President Bush the credit he deserves for keeping us safe since 9/11.

If Rick Warrens forum was any indicator, Obama better worry. The man's lack of conviction on anything was so glaringly obvious compared to McCain's quick answers and strsight forward responses. McCain will make O look like the schoolboy he is. McCain is a MAN. He will dwarf Obama in the debates. I predict it will go so bad for Obama, he will opt out of the last one. He did well against the likes of Hillary and Edwards who had no moral authority to lean upon. McCain has moral authority oozing out of his every pore.

Respectfully, I'm not the one in error on this issue. You must have missed the fact that in July the nations sixteen intelligence agenices reported that al-qaeda had re-organized to pre 9/11 strength. http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/0718/p99s01-duts.html After reading that grim assessment, you'll excuse me if I don't feel a lot safer after President Bush's bungling of the war on terror.

U.S. Joint Chiefs chairman Michael Mullen also said he "isn't convinced we're winning in Afghanistan." http://www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/article.asp?ID=9322

Now unless you know something that the sixteen intelligence agencies in this country don't know, you're the one who lost credability on the issue.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:40 PM
Pride of the Neighborhood

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeinAR View Post
Respectfully, I'm not the one in error on this issue. You must have missed the fact that in July the nations sixteen intelligence agenices reported that al-qaeda had re-organized to pre 9/11 strength. http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/0718/p99s01-duts.html After reading that grim assessment, you'll excuse me if I don't feel a lot safer after President Bush's bungling of the war on terror.

U.S. Joint Chiefs chairman Michael Mullen also said he "isn't convinced we're winning in Afghanistan."

Now unless you know something that the sixteen intelligence agencies in this country don't know, you're the one who lost credability on the issue.
So all of the sudden, when the intelligence agencies say something that you like (bad news for Bush) they are credible. What about the intelligence that said there were WMD's in Iraq?

You Bush-haters are too easy!!!!!

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:43 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon blues View Post
So all of the sudden, when the intelligence agencies say something that you like (bad news for Bush) they are credible. What about the intelligence that said there were WMD's in Iraq?

You Bush-haters are too easy!!!!!
W got bad intelligence. So? Bill Clinton and George H.W. Bush got some of the same bad intelligence but didn't launch a full scale ground invasion of Iraq over it.

The truth is clear as day. W took the focus off of Afghanistan and Pakistan where al qaeda truly was/is and that decision has led to the current state of al qaeda in that region of the world. They are at pre 9/11 strength and planning to attack this country again seven years after the War on Terror under W's watch began.

By the way, do you feel so much safer thanks to G.W. Bush after reading the true state of al qaeda? I certainly don't.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:50 PM
Me and my sister Terri

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1399 View Post
Neither do I.

I think this election belongs to McCain.

AMEN!