Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:26 PM
Registered Member

Re: State of the Church 2010: Have the Lines Blur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAII View Post
I love you California folks .... keeping it all within the family.
Dan, we will make you an honorary Californian if you want????
Old 03-25-2010, 03:37 PM
La vie est un voyage

I agreed with most of what he said. If the church doesn't speak, who will? Our Pastor did a great job last night along similar lines. His saints doesn't have to wonder where he stands on any issue. I'm serving a God who went into the temple with a whip in hand, not a God who is a sniveling wimp.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:38 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Hey the guy has some opinions - let him have um. He does not need the majority of Christians or anyone else's blessing to speak his mind.

He should be accountable to the church he pastors... outside that so what?

I really think most of what he says is pretty much mainstream for the religious right - not bizarre nut-job stuff like the Right Reverend Jemimah Wright.

I don't think anyone here is unfamiliar with editorializing from behind the pulpit. It happens all the time.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves

Last edited by Hoovie; 03-25-2010 at 04:41 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:58 PM
Accepts all friends requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by timlan2057 View Post
I didn't click on the video. If you've heard one fundamentalist foaming at the mouth against a progressive President, you've heard them all.

But it is a source of ongoing amusement that these guys think the founding fathers were all raving right-wing christian fundamentalists.

Daniel mentioned Adams; Thomas Jefferson revised the bible; removing the miracles.

None of those guys would be allowed close to a UPC pulpit.

The Founding Fathers also counted African Americans as 3/5 of a person.

But that's old stuff.

What I find interesting: could there be a "financial expediency" argument for UPC evangelists to preach in some of these other churches.

With the movement stagnating and with relatively fewer financially viable "holiness" churches to preach in, he may have a good point to run with.
There does appear to be a continuing problem due to so many Apostolic ministers missing out on an education. Basic American history would dispel the Reconstructionist nonsense that has come into the Apostolic pulpits.

The 3/5 rule was an unintended "insult." The Southern delegates wanted to count their slaves as "citizens" so that the South would have more Congressional seats. The Northern delegates objected to this for the obvious reason that the slaves themselves were denied the right to vote and many other basic human rights.

There were many in the South however who were disgusted with the slave politics and did what they could to alleviate the injustices. It sadly took a Civil War to finally overcome the institution of slavery, and many, many more years of hard work that continues today to overcome the prejudices.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUNWORTHY View Post
I agreed with most of what he said. If the church doesn't speak, who will? Our Pastor did a great job last night along similar lines. His saints doesn't have to wonder where he stands on any issue. I'm serving a God who went into the temple with a whip in hand, not a God who is a sniveling wimp.
Amen! And I serve a God Who gave wings to flightless beetles so that they could signal when they fornicate.

I guess we all have to work out the mysteries of His schemes and just do our best when it comes to logically applying those things to events in the news.

Last edited by rgcraig; 03-26-2010 at 06:39 AM. Reason: "as" to "a"
Old 03-25-2010, 06:41 PM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated Mind View Post
I watched the video and can't believe my ears. Why do some people think they can speak for the church, for God or for America. What mandate do they have? Who authorized them to speak for God, the church or America? These people belong in the nuthouse, not behind a pulpit.
A lot of people have spoken for God.
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 03-25-2010, 09:38 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUNWORTHY View Post
It wasn't so much "what" he said..... as it was "who" was saying it! You would have to know the young man to understand what I mean.

And yes..... there is no question as to where your Pastor stands on any issue! And I agree with you ----- The God we serve is not a sniveling wimp!
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11
Old 03-25-2010, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais View Post
Amen! And I serve as God Who gave wings to flightless beetles so that they could signal when they fornicate.

I guess we all have to work out the mysteries of His schemes and just do our best when it comes to logically applying those things to events in the news.
Amen! And I serve a God Who gave wings to flightless beetles so that they could signal when they fornicate.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:19 PM
Freedom@apostolicidentity .com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEzsqXBdwlo

Very interested what impartation means to Sciscoe.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:00 AM
Registered Member

Momma told me if I didn't have anything good to say, then don't say anything....so I'm not saying anything.