Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 09-17-2018, 03:45 PM
Registered Member

Church this weekend

Just wondering how church was this weekend for everyone?
We had two baptized and one filled with the Holy Ghost!
Old 09-17-2018, 04:17 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Re: Church this weekend

We had an interesting service. Pastor M preached that if someone leaves church and flaunt their sin on Facebook, don't like their posts (duh!), if you like their posts, just remember those who are friends with the world are the enemies of God.

Also there was tongues and interpretations saying that those who were in sin need to repent or they were going to be judged. So Sunday morning was a somber/repenting service.

Then Sunday night was a worship, dancing service.
Old 09-17-2018, 05:44 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

I didn’t go. Caught a bug. Feel like I was hit by a truck. Horrendous headache. Cough. Runny nose. Sneezing. Yuck.
Old 09-17-2018, 06:27 PM
Administrator

This was our third week going through the book of Revelation which combined with school being back in session seems to have caused a spurt in church growth. The first two Sunday's of Revelation we averaged about 400 more people total than usual over our four weekend services.

https://experiencecc.com/sermon/revelation-1/
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 09-17-2018, 08:57 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
This was our third week going through the book of Revelation which combined with school being back in session seems to have caused a spurt in church growth. The first two Sunday's of Revelation we averaged about 400 more people total than usual over our four weekend services.

https://experiencecc.com/sermon/revelation-1/
I realize that you attend a large church. Could you share your typical attendance? Maybe on a Sunday morning?
Old 09-17-2018, 09:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
I realize that you attend a large church. Could you share your typical attendance? Maybe on a Sunday morning?
Sanctuary seats 1300. The two Saturday services (5pm & 7pm) are smaller than the two Sunday services (9am & 11am). Not sure exactly how the numbers break out but total weekend attendance over the four services is around 3400. Plus we have one daughter work in a neighboring county that is just over a year old that runs about 325-350. Our church is about 9 1/2 years old. Church income has grown from about $230,000 annually when we moved into the building we are in now around 5 years ago to about $3 million dollars last year. The last four or five years we have been baptizing about 300-400 people per year in Jesus name. However we are a non denominational / non traditional church that accepts the trinitarian view of the godhead as monotheistic.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 09-17-2018, 09:15 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Sanctuary seats 1300. The two Saturday services (5pm & 7pm) are smaller than the two Sunday services (9am & 11am). Not sure exactly how the numbers break out but total weekend attendance over the four services is around 3400. Plus we have one daughter work in a neighboring county that is just over a year old that runs about 325-350. Our church is about 9 1/2 years old. Church income has grown from about $230,000 annually when we moved into the building we are in now around 5 years ago to about $3 million dollars last year. The last four or five years we have been baptizing about 300-400 people per year in Jesus name. However we are a non denominational / non traditional church that accepts the trinitarian view of the godhead as monotheistic.
Thank you. That’s some impressive numbers.
Old 09-17-2018, 09:38 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Thank you. That’s some impressive numbers.
I was raised in church so have been around small, medium, and large churches all my life. This growth of this church is something like I have never seen. When my wife and I became members the church was about three years old and running around 150 people. Most of those were homeless folks and college students.

Quickly the demographic started expanding to young families in their 30's and we ended up having three services each Sunday filling our sanctuary that seated 150 folks all three services. We then leased the approx. 120 year old brick factory building we are in now. That sanctuary seated 600 and we thought we would be there for years. Within two years we had outgrown that sanctuary even after going to four services. We leased the other side of our building and expanded to add a 1300 seat sanctuary. This summer we purchased our biulding for $5+ million dollars with hopes to pay it off in five years (pastor is a huge Dave Ramsey fan and was loathe to go into debt to buy it but we have over $600,000 in build out costs invested in it and if our Christian landlord sold or died we could lose all that if our lease was not renewed so now we are in control of our destiny with the purchase) Other than this new mortgage payment our church has zero debt and gives 20% of our income to missions, ministries and non profits of various kinds.

Titus2woman on AF
F

Old 09-17-2018, 09:58 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
I was raised in church so have been around small, medium, and large churches all my life. This growth of this church is something like I have never seen. When my wife and I became members the church was about three years old and running around 150 people. Most of those were homeless folks and college students.

Quickly the demographic started expanding to young families in their 30's and we ended up having three services each Sunday filling our sanctuary that seated 150 folks all three services. We then leased the approx. 120 year old brick factory building we are in now. That sanctuary seated 600 and we thought we would be there for years. Within two years we had outgrown that sanctuary even after going to four services. We leased the other side of our building and expanded to add a 1300 seat sanctuary. This summer we purchased our biulding for $5+ million dollars with hopes to pay it off in five years (pastor is a huge Dave Ramsey fan and was loathe to go into debt to buy it but we have over $600,000 in build out costs invested in it and if our Christian landlord sold or died we could lose all that if our lease was not renewed so now we are in control of our destiny with the purchase) Other than this new mortgage payment our church has zero debt and gives 20% of our income to missions, ministries and non profits of various kinds.
Very impressive. Is it Christ Church in Nashville? I know I’ve read it on here but I’ve forgotten.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:11 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Quote:
Very impressive. Is it Christ Church in Nashville? I know I’ve read it on here but I’ve forgotten.

The EXPERIENCE Community Church in Murfreesboro.