Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-21-2012, 05:59 PM
Registered Member

It's official, T.D. Jakes is Trinitarian

http://www.bpnews.net/BPnews.asp?ID=37054

Wonder how much of it is real, how much of it because they wanted to stop selling his books in Lifeway?

All kidding aside, once he started looking at Benny Hinn as a man of God I lost all faith in him, as I do any others who view Hinn the same.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:08 PM
Registered Member

Re: It's official, T.D. Jakes is Trinitarian

Why would you put faith in a preacher to start with?
Old 05-21-2012, 06:40 PM
Registered Member

Jakes is still on the fence. He still has the same views he had before. "Manifestations" are not the same as persons. The Trins are STILL suspicious of him. They want him to confess Oneness people are heretics which so far he wont do. Trinitarian theologian types wont be satisfied til he does.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:30 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dordrecht View Post
Why would you put faith in a preacher to start with?
I think you misunderstand my use of the word. Let's not major on semantics here. k?
Old 05-21-2012, 07:47 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyFire View Post
I think you misunderstand my use of the word. Let's not major on semantics here. k?
Well you DID say you put your faith in the guy.....
Old 05-21-2012, 07:54 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Ironic, but one definition of "person" is mode of existence... Hmmm

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 05-21-2012, 08:09 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovie View Post
Ironic, but one definition of "person" is mode of existence... Hmmm
This is from Bro. Dan Segraves' blog of January 2009.
http://danielsegraves.blogspot.com/2...1_archive.html
Bo. Seagraves is a respected minister and teacher in the UPC

He quotes Alister E. McGrath, a trinitarian, on the subject of God being 3 "persons" or 1 "person"

So, after reading this, do we believe in a God who is 3 persons, or who is 1 person, or who can be defined both ways depending on the meaning of the word person?
----------------------------------------------------------

Alister E. McGrath’s simplified answer to the question, “How can God be three persons and one person at the same time?” may be helpful.

The word ‘person’ has changed its meaning since the third century when it began to be used in connection with the ‘threefoldness of God’. When we talk about God as a person, we naturally think of God as being one person. But theologians such as Tertullian, writing in the third century, used the word ‘person’ with a different meaning. The word ‘person’ originally derives from the Latin word persona, meaning an actor’s face-mask—and, by extension, the role which he takes in a play.

By stating that there were three persons but only one God, Tertullian was asserting that all three major roles in the great drama of human redemption are played by the one and the same God. The three great roles in this drama are all played by the same actor: God. Each of these roles may reveal God in a somewhat different way, but it is the same God in every case. So when we talk about God as one person, we mean one person in the modern sense of the word, and when we talk about God as three persons, we mean three persons in the ancient sense of the word. . . . Confusing these two senses of the word ‘person’ inevitably leads to the idea that God is actually a committee . . . .
Old 05-21-2012, 08:19 PM
Forever Loved Admin

That was confusing to me.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 05-21-2012, 10:14 PM
Apostolic Pentecostal

The simple fact is that Rev. Jakes has been at this position for quite a while, and only recently been forced to own it. He never said that this was a recent conversion, but rather one that he is only now revealing. Of course he is not throwing Oneness people under the bus in front of everyone, but he has done so by allowing them to state that we are ignorant of the what the Bible truly says. Anyone who is surprised by this should have been paying more attention.

Visit me at www.jonathandtalbot.blogspot.com.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:24 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

I don't know how anyone will come away from reading that and think that Thomas Dexter is a Trinitarian.