Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 06-14-2011, 03:48 PM
"One Mind...OneAccord"

Re: Five-fold ministry

Huh....hello?

Has no one here ever heard the name William Marrion Branham, the forerunner of the 2nd coming of Christ, the Elijah and 7th Church Age Messenger, God's only vindicated and infallible Prophet to the Laodecian Church Age? The very Voice of God in this closing Hour of the Church Age?

Where's Dr. Vauhgn when we need him?

Waiting for the Lord is easy... Waiting patiently? Not so much.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:50 PM
I believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneAccord View Post
Huh....hello?

Has no one here ever heard the name William Marrion Branham, the forerunner of the 2nd coming of Christ, the Elijah and 7th Church Age Messenger, God's only vindicated and infallible Prophet to the Laodecian Church Age? The very Voice of God in this closing Hour of the Church Age?

Where's Dr. Vauhgn when we need him?
That's a lot of weight to put on one person. Scary even. But yes, I've heard of him.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:54 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Last I heard the Doctor was doin time.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 06-14-2011, 04:03 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomapostle View Post
The exist. I'm sure.
Really? Please then. Please. Tell me who they are.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:04 PM
"One Mind...OneAccord"

Those are things I've heard Bro. Branhan referred to as over the years. In fact, I was an ardent follower in my younger days. But one thing kept bothering me.
Branham, in "hinting" at his divine call, spoke of the angel that appeared over the Ohio while he was baptizing in 1933 who announced: "As John the Baptist was sent as a forerunner of the 1st Coming, you are the forerunner of the 2nd Coming." Then, Bro. Branham compared his ministry of that of Johns. Both came from poor stock, both were "men of the wilderness', both had "harsh" ministries, especially against women.

But I noticed one place where the similarties ended. John was alive when the Messiah made His appearance, and even introduced Him as "the Lamb of God who taketh away the sins of the world".

Bro. Branham, whose ministry was in sharp decline due to his controversial teachings, died in Dec. 1965 of injuries sustained in a car accident. He did not live to see the 2nd coming. If in fact, he is actually dead. Check out Voice of God Recordings and you'd wonder the same thing. Some believe he is not dead, but has been "carried away into the wilderness" until the time of the 7th trumpet. Or something like that. Pretty weird stuff comin' out of Jeffersonville these days.

Last edited by OneAccord; 06-14-2011 at 04:10 PM.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:09 PM
"One Mind...OneAccord"

No, no, no. the good "doctor" isn't doing time. He is being severely persecuted for faith in God's last day Messenger.

T. Grady Reece of Franklin, NC was a prophet if there ever was one. He brought a message in the 80's the church is yet to here. At lease, thats my humble opinion.

Old 06-14-2011, 04:44 PM
Pentecostal/Democrat

Luke 16:15 .. And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God. 16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

Matthew 11: 13 ….For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John. 14 And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come.....

NOT... William Marrion Branham
Old 06-14-2011, 04:54 PM
"One Mind...OneAccord"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seascapes View Post
Luke 16:15 .. And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God. 16 The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

Matthew 11: 13 ….For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John...14 And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come.....

NOT... William Marrion Branham
I agree. Bro Branham, IMO, though a good man and maybe even a prophet for his day, was not as his current followers believe.

Old 06-14-2011, 05:07 PM
Pentecostal/Democrat

I believe the forerunner before the coming of Jesus Christ is the manifestations of the sons of God.

Romans 8:14 ...For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Romans 8:19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Until the Church goes out into the world, instead of the world coming into the Church, the manifestations will not come forth. Notice the book of Revelation is written to the seven churches. The true Church has ALL the nine gifts.

I Corinthians 12:7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. 8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; 9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; 10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues: 11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:18 PM
Pentecostal/Democrat

We, the Church, are doing exactly what Noah did, telling people that Jesus will soon return. We, the Church, are doing exactly what John the baptist did, pointing out to people ...Jesus Christ, the Lamb that was sacrificed for all.

Praise the Lord, I love this.....We are the forerunners !