Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Islamic Issues and News
Facebook

Notices

Islamic Issues and News Discuss Islam and report on current issues regarding Islam

Old 06-11-2013, 12:32 PM
Banned

Re: Why do we have an Islam Section?

I believe that it is because without "an enemy" to identify yourselves and gather around and put down and destroy you have nothing else to hold you together. Muslims just happen to be "the enemy of the day" for you.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:11 PM
Banned

Old 06-11-2013, 05:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Manna View Post
I feel like it is ok to discuss Islam because we need to know our enemies, their tactics , what their agenda is,Our weapons are spiritual,and we can pull down their strong holds, and render them helpless if we will band together in the Holy Ghost intercession prayer language binding their works and praying for them to get born again.
scary.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dichotomy Girl View Post
Didn't Paul quote the philosopher's of the day, to show people Jesus? (I swear I read that once, but I am admittedly a bit rusty).

Personally, I kinda think Jesus can speak for himself. Jesus is not my little brother being bullied by the neighborhood kids, needing me to defend him. I think we'd do more good as Christians, if we spent more time loving our enemies and less time trying to show them how right we are.
Well, I'll be. Amen.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnTraditional View Post
How is allowing a man to go to Hell loving them? Knowing how to show people the errors of their beliefs, and how their beliefs are demonic in nature, these things are tools to help us bring men to Christ. when we show the error, the fallacy of their beliefs, and the supremacy of Christ, we are showing them love for their eternal soul.

It is not love to be silent about the need to repent of sin. It is not love to allow men and women to be in false and demonic religion. It is not love to allow a man to venture into eternity with hearing of Christ and His loving and holy truth.
You don't know the first thing about Islam, do you? You have obviously accepted some line about it. It is hilarious, sorry, to hear you talk about something you are ignorant of. Muslims respect Christ more then most Christians I know-maybe just not your version of Christ. With all do respect.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dichotomy Girl View Post
I feel like you are taking a bigger burden on yourself than is required. Yes, by all means, tell people what Jesus has done in your life. But scaring them into a shallow relationship based on fear of eternal torture, doesn't help anyone. Fear doesn't last. Love does.

Let me ask you this. How did Jesus handle "sinners", with judgment or with love? He didn't bring them to His side with fear, he did it by loving them, accepting them, healing them and meeting their needs. That is how he got people to follow Him. Not because they were afraid not to.

I think that perhaps modern Christians are focusing on the wrong thing. Didn't He say that he came so that we could have life, and have it more abundantly. Didn't he say that the Kingdom is now? To be honest, I have unorthodox views of hell and salvation. But even if you believe in eternal conscious torture for those who miss the mark, Doesn't it say to work out your own salvation? Telling someone that they are going to fry for all eternity if they don't do things your way, is not LOVE, it's bullying.
Don't worry; everyone will believe like you do one day. The rest here have just bought the lie about Christ, that's all. You are in my prayers. Why are you here?
Old 06-11-2013, 05:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dordrecht View Post
Yes, you are correct and that's
why discussing "islam" on
a apostolic forum is a useless
waste of precious time and forum space.
Well, to be fair, the space is practicly unlimited, and the time is all volunteered? I have to agree that the section seems to exist for, ah, you good people to poke sticks at what you obviosly do not understand. So, why are you here?
Old 06-12-2013, 01:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
I feel like it is ok to discuss Islam because we need to know our enemies, their tactics , what their agenda is,Our weapons are spiritual,and we can pull down their strong holds, and render them helpless if we will band together in the Holy Ghost intercession prayer language binding their works and praying for them to get born again.
ok, I didn't mean to laugh AT you; but if you seek enemies, you will find them? I do not believe that Muslims are your enemies, although you are of course free to demonize them if you wish. I assume, of course, that you are not a Christian.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnTraditional View Post
Islam has made inroads into much of our lives. It is imperative that we arm ourselves against this demonic religion, and know how to minister the real Jesus to those trapped under that spirit.
Trapped? What do you think you can sell to people who truly believe and already practice modesty that would make an apostolic preacher drool and stop their day to pray 5 times a day? When you offer less than they already do but they fear God more than they want less. What then can you possibly offer?

Otherwise how can Islam "make inroads into your lives" if you hold the key to the power of God? If you are His Chosen? No inroads to the faithful. So why worry so much? You people truly puzzle me.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Who made Muslims your enemy? LOL Muslims pray more than you do LOL and pray together much more often. Perhaps you can learn from this and establish regular daily prayer among yourselves. God commands this anyway. Fail this command, and your prayers dissipate like so much idle smoke,