Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-22-2020, 04:01 PM
coksiw coksiw is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 688
Trump Says Places of Worship Are ‘Essential Servic

Enjoy:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-c...d=hp_lead_pos1

I am disappointed that he didn't refer to the constitution saying religious services and rallies are protected.

Last edited by coksiw; 05-22-2020 at 04:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-22-2020, 05:58 PM
Scott Pitta's Avatar
Scott Pitta Scott Pitta is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Wisconsin Dells
Posts: 2,649
Re: Trump Says Places of Worship Are ‘Essential Se

Trump is pandering to his base. As president, he does not have the legal authority to order states which businesses to open or close.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-22-2020, 09:41 PM
Jito463 Jito463 is offline
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)


 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,207
Re: Trump Says Places of Worship Are ‘Essential Se

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Pitta View Post
As president, he does not have the legal authority to order states which businesses to open or close.
He doesn't have to use his authority, he can just manipulate the purse strings of the money going to the states. Such as what he recently threatened to do with Michigan.

This is why I've long considered it a terrible idea for the states to be getting funding from the federal government, especially when that funding first comes from the people of the various states. It's nothing more than wealth redistribution.

The government should be taking no more than it needs to operate, not taking and redistributing it to the various states as they see fit.

Regarding states opening businesses, I earnestly believe that any governor/mayor/city council that approved shutting down even a single business over this current situation, should immediately resign or be removed from office for violating their oath of office.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-22-2020, 10:38 PM
Esaias's Avatar
Esaias Esaias is offline
Master ThreadKiller


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Zion aka TEXAS
Posts: 22,680
Re: Trump Says Places of Worship Are ‘Essential Se

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Pitta View Post
Trump is pandering to his base. As president, he does not have the legal authority to order states which businesses to open or close.
But Obama had authority to require individuals to purchase health insurance.

You lefties are too obvious these days.
__________________
Visit the Apostolic House Church YouTube Channel!

Instead of google, use www.yandex.com


Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - http://www.robertwr.com/

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-22-2020, 10:41 PM
Esaias's Avatar
Esaias Esaias is offline
Master ThreadKiller


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Zion aka TEXAS
Posts: 22,680
Re: Trump Says Places of Worship Are ‘Essential Se

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
He doesn't have to use his authority, he can just manipulate the purse strings of the money going to the states. Such as what he recently threatened to do with Michigan.

This is why I've long considered it a terrible idea for the states to be getting funding from the federal government, especially when that funding first comes from the people of the various states. It's nothing more than wealth redistribution.

The government should be taking no more than it needs to operate, not taking and redistributing it to the various states as they see fit.

Regarding states opening businesses, I earnestly believe that any governor/mayor/city council that approved shutting down even a single business over this current situation, should immediately resign or be removed from office for violating their oath of office.
Agreed. But practically speaking, not gonna happen because most Americans - whether democrat or republican - are basically statists of one form or another. We know this is true because otherwise we would have had a revolution decades ago.
__________________
Visit the Apostolic House Church YouTube Channel!

Instead of google, use www.yandex.com


Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - http://www.robertwr.com/

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-22-2020, 10:42 PM
Esaias's Avatar
Esaias Esaias is offline
Master ThreadKiller


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Zion aka TEXAS
Posts: 22,680
Re: Trump Says Places of Worship Are ‘Essential Se

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
Enjoy:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-c...d=hp_lead_pos1

I am disappointed that he didn't refer to the constitution saying religious services and rallies are protected.
Nobody cares about the Constitution anymore, and haven't since the 1930s.
__________________
Visit the Apostolic House Church YouTube Channel!

Instead of google, use www.yandex.com


Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - http://www.robertwr.com/

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-23-2020, 05:33 AM
Michael The Disciple's Avatar
Michael The Disciple Michael The Disciple is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 14,041
Re: Trump Says Places of Worship Are ‘Essential Se

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
Enjoy:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-c...d=hp_lead_pos1

I am disappointed that he didn't refer to the constitution saying religious services and rallies are protected.
Will the Governors who violated our constitutional rights be charged? Was it an illegal act? Or does our two tier justice system allow those who violate anothers rights to just walk away free as if nothing happened?

We know the answer from experience. This is not the America that once existed.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-23-2020, 03:23 PM
seguidordejesus's Avatar
seguidordejesus seguidordejesus is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 2,602
Re: Trump Says Places of Worship Are ‘Essential Se

Essential to who? God knows Trump doesn't go to church or make any effort to be Godly.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-23-2020, 04:40 PM
TGBTG TGBTG is offline
Jesus is the only Lord God


 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,486
Re: Trump Says Places of Worship Are ‘Essential Se

Quote:
Originally Posted by seguidordejesus View Post
Essential to who? God knows Trump doesn't go to church or make any effort to be Godly.
Hahaha
__________________
...Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ...(Acts 20:21)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-23-2020, 08:06 PM
hometown guy hometown guy is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,154
Re: Trump Says Places of Worship Are ‘Essential Se

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Pitta View Post
Trump is pandering to his base. As president, he does not have the legal authority to order states which businesses to open or close.
I’m glad he is pandering to me and 50% of America.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sitting in Heavenly Places KimFromNO The Music Room 4 02-20-2017 12:50 PM
Living in 2 places during retirement Pilgram199 Fellowship Hall 14 07-24-2015 12:57 AM
Places To Go During General Conference stmatthew Fellowship Hall 5 09-22-2007 03:57 PM
Places to Eat During General Conference. stmatthew Fellowship Hall 52 09-22-2007 01:55 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by mfblume

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.