Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Homestead > The Wild Side
Facebook

Notices

The Wild Side Firearms & Hunting; Feed your wild side here!

Old 03-27-2013, 01:49 PM
Registered Member

Re: What Guns Do you own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
The scripture does state that the righteous shall live by faith. It first states this in Habakkuk, during the time when God's people routinely defended themselves and anyone who killed, whether accidentally or on purpose, had to go to a city of refuge to await judgment, or the avenger of blood could kill him. I am not sure why people think Christians are supposed to be easy targets for typical violence. Just like I work a job in order to earn a living rather than trusting in God to supply groceries and bills miraculously, I also prepare to defend myself should I have to. I love the fallacious arguments and absurdities people spout to try to make it seem that true Christians are somehow transcendant.
So you dont have the faith that God can supply your needs according to His riches in glory? Have you ever thought of it as God's abundant grace in you getting a job? And He might have placed you there for a certain purpose? i dont know about you but i would rather walk by "faith" and not by "sight". just the faith the lord has His angels watching over me, He abides in me and won't let any temptations/tests beyond my means come my way. God bless
Old 03-27-2013, 02:28 PM
Registered Member

Pliny...I hope when you go to buy a gun you still can, there are many who want to stop people from owning guns, and they won't give up...I liken it to the cigarette smoking...first the section off restaurant, and so and so on...I am not saying I like cigarettes, or smoking for that matter(I am an x smoker and I hate the smell and everything about them), but they are legal and restaurants should have the option to have it or not, freedom! They are so taxed I don't know how anyone can afford them anymore.

Guns...I have a Lady Smith, hammerless 5 rounds with laser grips. That is my everyday carry. I used to carry a S&W 357 but its so heavy! I have carried for over 10 years and even to church. I think that the way they will limit gun ownership is with high insurance demands of coverage. I always buy American guns with I can...as to faith I have deep faith...and I will say please Lord let my shots true and let me hit the mark. I do not plan to be a victim of an evil doer and Lord help anyone who tries to hurt one of my kids!

These are just two that I own, my husband carries a Colt 45. We also have other guns...they are a good investment if nothing else...

Lastly I do my best to not put myself into places or situations where I might need to defend myself or someone else, but evil is everywhere so I want to be prepared! I don't want to have to shoot anyone, but if its them or me...
Old 03-27-2013, 02:31 PM
Sometimes I just shrug

Quote:
Originally Posted by imreedemed View Post
So you dont have the faith that God can supply your needs according to His riches in glory? Have you ever thought of it as God's abundant grace in you getting a job? And He might have placed you there for a certain purpose? i dont know about you but i would rather walk by "faith" and not by "sight". just the faith the lord has His angels watching over me, He abides in me and won't let any temptations/tests beyond my means come my way. God bless
Do you have a job? And if so, do you give all the money you earn away while waiting on the Lord to supply your every need? If not, get off the high horse. It is silly to say that I can do what is required to take care of my family, which I must do, except defend them.

Seriously, do you go to the grocery store, or do you just wait at home for someone to bring you everything you need? Do you have a home, or do you just stand outside, trusting that it won't rain on you and somehow you won't freeze or get heatstroke? Do you buy gas (with no money) or do you just drive the car until whatever happens, happens?

Don't put words in my mouth. I know God has blessed me. I think that is part of His provision. I also know that He doesn't actually do my job for me, I am expected to do it myself to the best of my ability.

Read I Timothy 5:8. Doesn't say trust that God will take care of it, and do nothing. Do everything you can, and God will take up where you are insufficient.

It rains on the just and the unjust. The difference is, some of us have umbrellas.

Last edited by Atlas; 03-27-2013 at 02:39 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 02:37 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
Do you have a job? And if so, do you give all the money you earn away while waiting on the Lord to supply your every need? If not, get off the high horse. It is silly to say that I can do what is required to take care of my family, which I must do, except defend them.

Don't put words in my mouth. I know God has blessed me. I think that is part of His provision. I also know that He doesn't actually do my job for me, I am expected to do it myself to the best of my ability.
God has done the same for me over and over...but I did not lay on the floor while it all took place! I let Him guide my steps, open doors and sometimes He just handed it to me...and sometimes He slams the door, but God does not expect us to sit on our behinds...we have to be the feet, He is my heart and soul!

Atlas I am agreeing with you if it does not sound like it...

Last edited by Roagiesgal; 03-27-2013 at 02:41 PM. Reason: misspell and added though
Old 03-27-2013, 03:02 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roagiesgal View Post
Pliny...I hope when you go to buy a gun you still can, there are many who want to stop people from owning guns, and they won't give up...I liken it to the cigarette smoking...first the section off restaurant, and so and so on...I am not saying I like cigarettes, or smoking for that matter(I am an x smoker and I hate the smell and everything about them), but they are legal and restaurants should have the option to have it or not, freedom! They are so taxed I don't know how anyone can afford them anymore.

Guns...I have a Lady Smith, hammerless 5 rounds with laser grips. That is my everyday carry. I used to carry a S&W 357 but its so heavy! I have carried for over 10 years and even to church. I think that the way they will limit gun ownership is with high insurance demands of coverage. I always buy American guns with I can...as to faith I have deep faith...and I will say please Lord let my shots true and let me hit the mark. I do not plan to be a victim of an evil doer and Lord help anyone who tries to hurt one of my kids!

These are just two that I own, my husband carries a Colt 45. We also have other guns...they are a good investment if nothing else...

Lastly I do my best to not put myself into places or situations where I might need to defend myself or someone else, but evil is everywhere so I want to be prepared! I don't want to have to shoot anyone, but if its them or me...
I hope I still can as well! I just have some personal issues that will need time to work out before I can commit to making the purchases that I would like. I want to get a Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm. I would also like a tactical shotgun as well as an "assault rifle" and I am considering what kind of higher power rifle. I will probably get a .22 at some point for general target practice.

I agree those that hate the 2nd amendment will try to creep legislation any way they can to nullify the bill of rights, specifically as it relates to law abiding citizens ability to purchase firearms. In all the bologna I hear about how terrible "assault weapons" are (which is a fallacious argument to begin with) they say nothing about Eric Holder and the DOJ for giving guns to known criminals and hide behind Executive Privilege. If they truly cared they would be yelling for President Obama to release the records at let the chips fall where they may. The hypocrisy is sickening.

The rain does certainly fall upon the just and the unjust alike and I reserve the most basic of human rights to myself - the right of self defense. When seconds count the police are just minutes away...
Old 03-27-2013, 06:51 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imreedemed View Post
I actually DO look at it that way myself. Just like I take the position that God allowed me to get my hands on my 4 Rugers and Bushmaster AR.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:55 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post
I hope I still can as well! I just have some personal issues that will need time to work out before I can commit to making the purchases that I would like. I want to get a Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm. I would also like a tactical shotgun as well as an "assault rifle" and I am considering what kind of higher power rifle. I will probably get a .22 at some point for general target practice.

I agree those that hate the 2nd amendment will try to creep legislation any way they can to nullify the bill of rights, specifically as it relates to law abiding citizens ability to purchase firearms. In all the bologna I hear about how terrible "assault weapons" are (which is a fallacious argument to begin with) they say nothing about Eric Holder and the DOJ for giving guns to known criminals and hide behind Executive Privilege. If they truly cared they would be yelling for President Obama to release the records at let the chips fall where they may. The hypocrisy is sickening.

The rain does certainly fall upon the just and the unjust alike and I reserve the most basic of human rights to myself - the right of self defense. When seconds count the police are just minutes away...
True, the classic Ruger 10/22 is an excellent gun for practice, but don't put it down for a lack of real world use. It can go very far as a hunting tool as well as home defense weapon. This is one reason I have two hand guns (a Ruger MK III and Ruger SR22) along with a his and hers 10/22 rifle. A fairly cheap scope on one and a 2x night vision on the other.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:04 AM
Administrator

My wife and I took our handgun carry class last Saturday. Since my Springfield Armory XDm compact 9mm had just come in a few days before the test at the range that is part of passing the class was not only the first time I had shot my new pistol but was the first time I have shot any pistol in probably over 15 years.

I was a little nervous but scored a 99% on the shooting test! Over the last couple of days went and applied for the carry permit which included getting fingerprinted and photographed.

Now I just have to wait. Somebody told me it takes them almost three months to process an application. The permit cost $115 and apparently a significant portion of that goes for the background check, fingerprinting, etc.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 04-27-2013, 07:59 PM

Got a new Glock 27 Friday night. Bootiful. Truglo TFO sights
Old 04-27-2013, 08:07 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus2woman View Post
Got a new Glock 27 Friday night. Bootiful. Truglo TFO sights
Congrats! What caliber is the 27?