Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Homestead > The Garden Path
Facebook

Notices

The Garden Path For the Green Thumbs among us, share your gardening secrets here!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-16-2015, 08:07 PM
KeptByTheWord's Avatar
KeptByTheWord KeptByTheWord is offline
On the road less traveled


 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: On a mountain... somewhere
Posts: 7,949
Dirt that will make you HAPPY!

Yes indeed! Wanna be happy? Here's a great way to get your "happy" on! hint... it has to do with dirt!

http://www.gardeningknowhow.com/gard...robes-soil.htm
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-16-2015, 08:14 PM
shazeep shazeep is offline
Banned


 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: chasin Grace
Posts: 9,594
Re: Dirt that will make you HAPPY!

HA! nice
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-20-2015, 12:53 AM
Esaias's Avatar
Esaias Esaias is offline
Master ThreadKiller


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Zion aka TEXAS
Posts: 20,935
Re: Dirt that will make you HAPPY!

Wow. No wonder kids are so happy about playing in the dirt!
__________________
Visit the Apostolic House Church YouTube Channel!

Instead of google, use www.yandex.com


Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - http://www.robertwr.com/

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-20-2015, 08:52 PM
KeptByTheWord's Avatar
KeptByTheWord KeptByTheWord is offline
On the road less traveled


 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: On a mountain... somewhere
Posts: 7,949
Re: Dirt that will make you HAPPY!

I thought it was pretty amazing that the same components that make up antidepressant drugs are found in soil! And you're right - no wonder kids are so happy playing in dirt!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-20-2015, 08:56 PM
shazeep shazeep is offline
Banned


 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: chasin Grace
Posts: 9,594
Re: Dirt that will make you HAPPY!

works for adults, too, i find.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-30-2019, 12:50 PM
KeptByTheWord's Avatar
KeptByTheWord KeptByTheWord is offline
On the road less traveled


 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: On a mountain... somewhere
Posts: 7,949
Re: Dirt that will make you HAPPY!



I've been very happy folks! Busy playing in the dirt

My garden is huge this year, and harvest time is upon us. Gardening where I live is not for the faint of heart, as we have about 2, possibly 3 months without frost/freeze weather. I'm thankful to the Lord for the harvest we've had so far this year.

Anyone else put in a garden this year?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-30-2019, 02:35 PM
Pressing-On's Avatar
Pressing-On Pressing-On is offline
Not riding the train


 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 47,473
Re: Dirt that will make you HAPPY!

Cool article! I believe that.

I was swimming in the ocean with one of my grandsons a few weeks ago and having not done that in a while, I realized how mentally and physically healing water can be. Had a total sense of wellness. I told my husband that I hadnít realized how much I have missed the water!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-30-2019, 02:41 PM
KeptByTheWord's Avatar
KeptByTheWord KeptByTheWord is offline
On the road less traveled


 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: On a mountain... somewhere
Posts: 7,949
Re: Dirt that will make you HAPPY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Cool article! I believe that.

I was swimming in the ocean with one of my grandsons a few weeks ago and having not done that in a while, I realized how mentally and physically healing water can be. Had a total sense of wellness. I told my husband that I hadnít realized how much I have missed the water!
Yes! I know what you mean! We live next to a beautiful river, about a mile, and on hot summer evenings my husband and I drive our quad down to the river, and swim for about an hour. I will miss those swims, as our temps are cooling down (was 38 here just this morning). Glad you had such a good time swimming with your grandson It really is refreshing for the body and soul!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-30-2019, 05:46 PM
Monterrey Monterrey is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: North of the Rio Grande
Posts: 2,545
Re: Dirt that will make you HAPPY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post


I've been very happy folks! Busy playing in the dirt

My garden is huge this year, and harvest time is upon us. Gardening where I live is not for the faint of heart, as we have about 2, possibly 3 months without frost/freeze weather. I'm thankful to the Lord for the harvest we've had so far this year.

Anyone else put in a garden this year?
Just harvested our anaheim peppers, grilled them, skinned them and froze them. Put them in baggies to bring them out for breakfast and eat them with eggs and totillas.

Grew some of the best anahiems and jalapeno peppers that I ever had this year.

Grew quite a few onions this year from starts and seeds. Mixed it all together with my tomatoes and just made some pico!

My kale is doing well also. I already harvested my cabbage but still enjoying my harvest.
__________________
WHO IS BREXIT AND IS HE A TRINITARIAN?- James LeDeay 10/30/16


Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-30-2019, 07:51 PM
Pressing-On's Avatar
Pressing-On Pressing-On is offline
Not riding the train


 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 47,473
Re: Dirt that will make you HAPPY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterrey View Post
Just harvested our anaheim peppers, grilled them, skinned them and froze them. Put them in baggies to bring them out for breakfast and eat them with eggs and totillas.

Grew some of the best anahiems and jalapeno peppers that I ever had this year.

Grew quite a few onions this year from starts and seeds. Mixed it all together with my tomatoes and just made some pico!

My kale is doing well also. I already harvested my cabbage but still enjoying my harvest.
Wow! Awesome!
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
LEE GRADY uncovers More Dirt on Bishop Earl Paulk! Thad The Tab 45 04-23-2016 10:21 PM
Older than dirt Light Fellowship Hall 44 08-29-2012 06:49 PM
Israel: As Old As Dirt Praxeas Fellowship Hall 1 05-05-2009 05:58 PM
How To Make People Happy! Ron Fellowship Hall 1 05-24-2008 02:14 PM
Anybody know anything about Dirt Karts??? revrandy Fellowship Hall 20 04-02-2007 07:25 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by Salome

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.