Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 12-10-2007, 09:24 PM
vrblackwell's Avatar
vrblackwell vrblackwell is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosenbyone View Post
The reason not to vote for Huckabee for President:

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/1...ine-statement/

When he stated that he had a friend with AIDS was his attempt at damage control; however, it reminded me of something a bigot would have said under scrutiny. A bigot would have stated, "I have black friends" after he/she had just discriminated against an African-American. It was obvious that something with this man didn't exactly square with his "Christian" beliefs. The one thing that GWB has proven was just because you have stated you were a Christian doesn't mean that you were a true Christian.

Ron Paul has remained the only hope for our country to be the country that our founding fathers had intended it to be....one that upheld the Constitution and the Bill of Rights!
I don't see that at all. He did not run from what he said. I remember a time in my life when I thought that aids patients should be quarantined. Today, with more knowledge of it, I think differently.

No doubt, Huckabee is not a perfect person as some of you would like a president to be. But he is the candidate who most holds views that are in line with the bible.
__________________
Never burn the bridge of mercy... You never know when you will need it to cross.

Doctrine makes a wonderful servant but a horrible master!

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-10-2007, 09:26 PM
vrblackwell's Avatar
vrblackwell vrblackwell is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post
He's also extremely weak on immigration policy border security which could potentially be dangerous to all of us in this era of terrorism.
You have been listening to the wrong sources. The only thing I disagree with him on immigration is the tuition issue. Again, there is not a perfect candidate. But he is the best.
__________________
Never burn the bridge of mercy... You never know when you will need it to cross.

Doctrine makes a wonderful servant but a horrible master!

Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-10-2007, 09:28 PM
Sweet Pea Sweet Pea is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaliUPC View Post
I still will not be campaigning or supporting the candidacy of Huckabee.
Could you expound on this and give us some reasons? I really liked what he had to say regarding creation in the debate.

And I'm with vblackwell. It appears that he is the only candidate that holds the most Biblical views.
__________________
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-10-2007, 09:32 PM
chosenbyone's Avatar
chosenbyone chosenbyone is offline
The LORD will fight for you


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Lone Star State
Posts: 1,753
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrblackwell View Post
I don't see that at all. He did not run from what he said. I remember a time in my life when I thought that aids patients should be quarantined. Today, with more knowledge of it, I think differently.

No doubt, Huckabee is not a perfect person as some of you would like a president to be. But he is the candidate who most holds views that are in line with the bible.
When the AIDS epidemic first happened, I could understand someone thinking that those infected should be quarantined; however, seven years after the CDC came out with the report that it couldn't be contracted by casual contact would you have felt the same way? Huckabee was a politician who was clearly trying to garner votes from people who wanted to quarantine the sinner not the disease after making that statement in 1992. Did Jesus advocate to quarantine the leper? No, he ministered to them and healed them!
__________________


Isaiah 53:5: "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."(KJV)

"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." Dwight L. Moody
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-10-2007, 09:37 PM
chosenbyone's Avatar
chosenbyone chosenbyone is offline
The LORD will fight for you


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Lone Star State
Posts: 1,753
http://www.arkansasleader.com/fronts...huckabee5.html
http://www.arkansasleader.com/fronts...huckabee4.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2007/1...h_n_75373.html
http://www.taxhikemike.org/

These links should work. Every citizen should be fully informed on who they want to lead this country. We have already been hoodwinked by our present Commander and Chief, let's not make the same mistake again!
__________________


Isaiah 53:5: "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."(KJV)

"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." Dwight L. Moody
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-10-2007, 10:50 PM
Twisp's Avatar
Twisp Twisp is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,754
Based on his poor judgement in the Dumond case, I can't see a reason to vote for him. His previous statements on AIDs definitely do not help his case either.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-10-2007, 11:31 PM
BoredOutOfMyMind's Avatar
BoredOutOfMyMind BoredOutOfMyMind is offline
Guest


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In a cold dark cave.....
Posts: 4,624
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosenbyone View Post
When the AIDS epidemic first happened, I could understand someone thinking that those infected should be quarantined; however, seven years after the CDC came out with the report that it couldn't be contracted by casual contact would you have felt the same way? Huckabee was a politician who was clearly trying to garner votes from people who wanted to quarantine the sinner not the disease after making that statement in 1992. Did Jesus advocate to quarantine the leper? No, he ministered to them and healed them!
The United States GOVERNMENT quaranteed a man with Tuberculosis, after doctors said he was not able to infect anyone with the disease. Sound bites do not make policy.
__________________
I am not a member here -Do not PM me please?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-10-2007, 11:32 PM
Thad's Avatar
Thad Thad is offline
Invisible Thad


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 6,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrblackwell View Post
You have been listening to the wrong sources. The only thing I disagree with him on immigration is the tuition issue. Again, there is not a perfect candidate. But he is the best.

how can you say i've been listening to the wrong sources and then turn around and Agree with me???
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-10-2007, 11:42 PM
vrblackwell's Avatar
vrblackwell vrblackwell is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosenbyone View Post
http://www.arkansasleader.com/fronts...huckabee5.html
http://www.arkansasleader.com/fronts...huckabee4.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2007/1...h_n_75373.html
http://www.taxhikemike.org/

These links should work. Every citizen should be fully informed on who they want to lead this country. We have already been hoodwinked by our present Commander and Chief, let's not make the same mistake again!
With your clear hatred of Bush, and the fact that you get your news from people like Arianna Huffington you are clearly a liberal Democrat. Go ahead and vote for Clinton or Obama. Or for that fact a republican like Giuliani who thinks it is OK to murder babies, cheat on your wife, or be a homosexual.

Or you could vote for one of the other two republicans who really don't know were they stand when it comes to murdering babies. Romney ran on a pro-choice platform when running for governor of Massatuches, how convenient.
Thompson lobbied for an abortion group when the price was right.

Huckabee is far from perfect, but he is clearly the best choice. As far as Bush goes, he has not been perfect either. However, we have had the best economy ever in the history of the US under his administration.

He appointed two strict constructionist judges to the supreme court getting us closer to reversing Roe Vs. Wade. We have not had another attack by terrorist here in the US since nine eleven, and taxes were lowered. And to think, he did it all without cheating on his wife with another women in the oval office. Perfect no, but not bad.
__________________
Never burn the bridge of mercy... You never know when you will need it to cross.

Doctrine makes a wonderful servant but a horrible master!

Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-11-2007, 12:12 AM
vrblackwell's Avatar
vrblackwell vrblackwell is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post
how can you say i've been listening to the wrong sources and then turn around and Agree with me???
I'll brake it down for you. lol

You said the following

"He's also extremely weak on immigration policy border security which could potentially be dangerous to all of us in this era of terrorism".

The tuition issue does not make him weak on the border nor on immigration. He is for securing the border. Watch his new commercial below.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8M0orIN3Pyc
__________________
Never burn the bridge of mercy... You never know when you will need it to cross.

Doctrine makes a wonderful servant but a horrible master!

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Huckabee Gaining in the Polls vrblackwell Political Talk 119 01-05-2008 09:24 PM
Look Out---Mike Huckabee is on the Rise! deacon blues The Newsroom 6 01-04-2008 07:39 PM
GOODNESS!!! Huckabee Standing with TBN Prosperity Preacher!!! Thad The Tab 3 11-25-2007 09:58 AM
One Reason Why I Write On Aff Sister Alvear Fellowship Hall 6 06-26-2007 11:15 PM
Huckabee answers question on evolution vrblackwell Fellowship Hall 10 06-11-2007 02:35 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by Esaias
- by n david
- by mfblume
- by Esaias

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.