Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 12-10-2007, 08:24 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosenbyone View Post
The reason not to vote for Huckabee for President:

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/1...ine-statement/

When he stated that he had a friend with AIDS was his attempt at damage control; however, it reminded me of something a bigot would have said under scrutiny. A bigot would have stated, "I have black friends" after he/she had just discriminated against an African-American. It was obvious that something with this man didn't exactly square with his "Christian" beliefs. The one thing that GWB has proven was just because you have stated you were a Christian doesn't mean that you were a true Christian.

Ron Paul has remained the only hope for our country to be the country that our founding fathers had intended it to be....one that upheld the Constitution and the Bill of Rights!
I don't see that at all. He did not run from what he said. I remember a time in my life when I thought that aids patients should be quarantined. Today, with more knowledge of it, I think differently.

No doubt, Huckabee is not a perfect person as some of you would like a president to be. But he is the candidate who most holds views that are in line with the bible.

Doctrine makes a wonderful servant but a horrible master!

Old 12-10-2007, 08:26 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post
He's also extremely weak on immigration policy border security which could potentially be dangerous to all of us in this era of terrorism.
You have been listening to the wrong sources. The only thing I disagree with him on immigration is the tuition issue. Again, there is not a perfect candidate. But he is the best.

Old 12-10-2007, 08:28 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaliUPC View Post
I still will not be campaigning or supporting the candidacy of Huckabee.
Could you expound on this and give us some reasons? I really liked what he had to say regarding creation in the debate.

And I'm with vblackwell. It appears that he is the only candidate that holds the most Biblical views.
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11
Old 12-10-2007, 08:32 PM
The LORD will fight for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrblackwell View Post
I don't see that at all. He did not run from what he said. I remember a time in my life when I thought that aids patients should be quarantined. Today, with more knowledge of it, I think differently.

No doubt, Huckabee is not a perfect person as some of you would like a president to be. But he is the candidate who most holds views that are in line with the bible.
When the AIDS epidemic first happened, I could understand someone thinking that those infected should be quarantined; however, seven years after the CDC came out with the report that it couldn't be contracted by casual contact would you have felt the same way? Huckabee was a politician who was clearly trying to garner votes from people who wanted to quarantine the sinner not the disease after making that statement in 1992. Did Jesus advocate to quarantine the leper? No, he ministered to them and healed them!

Isaiah 53:5: "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."(KJV)

"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." Dwight L. Moody
Old 12-10-2007, 08:37 PM
The LORD will fight for you

http://www.arkansasleader.com/fronts...huckabee5.html
http://www.arkansasleader.com/fronts...huckabee4.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2007/1...h_n_75373.html
http://www.taxhikemike.org/

These links should work. Every citizen should be fully informed on who they want to lead this country. We have already been hoodwinked by our present Commander and Chief, let's not make the same mistake again!

Isaiah 53:5: "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."(KJV)

"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." Dwight L. Moody
Old 12-10-2007, 09:50 PM
Registered Member

Based on his poor judgement in the Dumond case, I can't see a reason to vote for him. His previous statements on AIDs definitely do not help his case either.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:31 PM

Quote:
When the AIDS epidemic first happened, I could understand someone thinking that those infected should be quarantined; however, seven years after the CDC came out with the report that it couldn't be contracted by casual contact would you have felt the same way? Huckabee was a politician who was clearly trying to garner votes from people who wanted to quarantine the sinner not the disease after making that statement in 1992. Did Jesus advocate to quarantine the leper? No, he ministered to them and healed them!
The United States GOVERNMENT quaranteed a man with Tuberculosis, after doctors said he was not able to infect anyone with the disease. Sound bites do not make policy.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:32 PM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrblackwell View Post
You have been listening to the wrong sources. The only thing I disagree with him on immigration is the tuition issue. Again, there is not a perfect candidate. But he is the best.

how can you say i've been listening to the wrong sources and then turn around and Agree with me???
Old 12-10-2007, 10:42 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
http://www.arkansasleader.com/fronts...huckabee5.html
http://www.arkansasleader.com/fronts...huckabee4.html
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2007/1...h_n_75373.html
http://www.taxhikemike.org/

These links should work. Every citizen should be fully informed on who they want to lead this country. We have already been hoodwinked by our present Commander and Chief, let's not make the same mistake again!
With your clear hatred of Bush, and the fact that you get your news from people like Arianna Huffington you are clearly a liberal Democrat. Go ahead and vote for Clinton or Obama. Or for that fact a republican like Giuliani who thinks it is OK to murder babies, cheat on your wife, or be a homosexual.

Or you could vote for one of the other two republicans who really don't know were they stand when it comes to murdering babies. Romney ran on a pro-choice platform when running for governor of Massatuches, how convenient.
Thompson lobbied for an abortion group when the price was right.

Huckabee is far from perfect, but he is clearly the best choice. As far as Bush goes, he has not been perfect either. However, we have had the best economy ever in the history of the US under his administration.

He appointed two strict constructionist judges to the supreme court getting us closer to reversing Roe Vs. Wade. We have not had another attack by terrorist here in the US since nine eleven, and taxes were lowered. And to think, he did it all without cheating on his wife with another women in the oval office. Perfect no, but not bad.

Old 12-10-2007, 11:12 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post
how can you say i've been listening to the wrong sources and then turn around and Agree with me???
I'll brake it down for you. lol

You said the following

"He's also extremely weak on immigration policy border security which could potentially be dangerous to all of us in this era of terrorism".

The tuition issue does not make him weak on the border nor on immigration. He is for securing the border. Watch his new commercial below.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8M0orIN3Pyc