Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 01-07-2008, 02:11 PM
Pragmatist Pragmatist is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: West
Posts: 1,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Any of the republicans will be OK on the war. any of the dems are cowards.
I couldn't believe the Democrats during the debate Saturday night. After Gibson (moderator) pointed out that the surge was working, ALL 4 candidates denied it. I'm seriously frightened for any of them to be in charge.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 01-07-2008, 02:12 PM
Walkbyfaith7
Guest


 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty View Post
No sir , you like all other liberals like you need to go back and read the speech he gave, there were 8 different reasons he listed for going in , but the only thing you people want to center on is the WMD's. That is Bush Bashing, period. no matter what he does you will center on the negative.
Call be liberal because the president either lied or made a mistake when saying they had WMD? HA!

I'm far from liberal my friend and I haven't drank the coolaid either like some have.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 01-07-2008, 02:12 PM
DividedThigh DividedThigh is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: in the north unfortunately
Posts: 6,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmatist View Post
I couldn't believe the Democrats during the debate Saturday night. After Gibson (moderator) pointed out that the surge was working, ALL 4 candidates denied it. I'm seriously frightened for any of them to be in charge.
good point prag, all of them are scary, since they make up there minds with polls and the wind, lol,dt
__________________
A product of a pentecostal raisin, I am a hard man, just ask my children
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 01-07-2008, 02:14 PM
Ferd's Avatar
Ferd Ferd is offline
I remain the Petulant Chevalier


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 17,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmatist View Post
I couldn't believe the Democrats during the debate Saturday night. After Gibson (moderator) pointed out that the surge was working, ALL 4 candidates denied it. I'm seriously frightened for any of them to be in charge.
well, the only democrate that is even qualified to be President is Bill Richardson. the rest are just names in empty suits. Hillary talks about 35 years of change. I havent yet seen anything she has "changed" she cant even change her playboy husband!

John Edwards is a crybaby and Obama hasnt really done anything more than get elected to the Senate.
__________________
If I do something stupid blame the Lortab!
My Countdown Counting down to: Days left till the end of the opressive Texas Summer!
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 01-07-2008, 02:21 PM
scotty's Avatar
scotty scotty is offline
Renewed


 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 5,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkbyfaith7 View Post
Your argument: We need to police the world and fight those governments and countries who are evil

No where in my post have I said this

My argument: 1.) Is that what our constitution says this country was formed for?

2.) Do you realized that Iraq is just one place out of many where these things go on? You think Iraq is the only places where injustice happens?
We DO NOT have the capacity to help the whole world and to police it as the moral country. You need to read about about all the other countries that have the same types of problems morally and militarily. Bottom line is we can't do it.

You are partially right here, and this confuses me. Your group says we shouldn't be out there doing this in the world yet in the same breath stand up in congress and complain because we are not in Darfur.

We only police the ones we feel we can do without going into a world war.

Sounds like a good strategy to me

3.) My freedom is not based upon Iraq. There is no one that there that can take this country from us. My freedom was not given because of Vietnam. My freedom I can credit parly to my grandfather for WW2 because Hilter was almost had Britian and we would have been probably next.

So wrong here brother, because we are over there, they are over there fighting us. They know if they lose over there they will lose support among the islamic world therefore they are dumping everything they have into Iraq, Afganistan and Israel. Otherwise they would be here fighting this war. So yes sir, if I have a choice between my backyard or theirs , I will chose theirs.

We have alot going on here in American that deserves our attention.

then write your representatives and tell them you want community support and not pork barrel spending on parks and conservation to save the local toad frog.
a
__________________
You can't reach the world with your talents. People are sick and tired of religious talents. People need a Holy Ghost annointed church with real fruits to reach out and touch their lives. ~ Pastor Burrell Crabtree

In fact I think that the insinuation of "hateful" Pentecostals is coming mostly from the fertile imaginations of bitter, backslidden ex Apostolics who are constantly trying to find a way to justify their actions. ~ strait shooter


www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 01-07-2008, 02:33 PM
Walkbyfaith7
Guest


 
Posts: n/a
Originally Posted by Walkbyfaith7
Your argument: We need to police the world and fight those governments and countries who are evil

No where in my post have I said this

My argument: 1.) Is that what our constitution says this country was formed for?

2.) Do you realized that Iraq is just one place out of many where these things go on? You think Iraq is the only places where injustice happens?
We DO NOT have the capacity to help the whole world and to police it as the moral country. You need to read about about all the other countries that have the same types of problems morally and militarily. Bottom line is we can't do it.

You are partially right here, and this confuses me. Your group says we shouldn't be out there doing this in the world yet in the same breath stand up in congress and complain because we are not in Darfur.

*******My group? Who is my group? **********

We only police the ones we feel we can do without going into a world war.

Sounds like a good strategy to me

******Sounds like a bulling strategy to me. Only do it to those who can't defend themselves to the point of victory. USA the big bully*****

3.) My freedom is not based upon Iraq. There is no one that there that can take this country from us. My freedom was not given because of Vietnam. My freedom I can credit parly to my grandfather for WW2 because Hilter was almost had Britian and we would have been probably next.

So wrong here brother, because we are over there, they are over there fighting us. They know if they lose over there they will lose support among the islamic world therefore they are dumping everything they have into Iraq, Afganistan and Israel. Otherwise they would be here fighting this war. So yes sir, if I have a choice between my backyard or theirs , I will chose theirs.

*****Who is THEY? It's certainly not the country of Iraq. We are trying to put an america in Iraq by bulling. This is not why went first took military action after 9-11******

We have alot going on here in American that deserves our attention.

then write your representatives and tell them you want community support and not pork barrel spending on parks and conservation to save the local toad frog.

****Hey, now you are showing off you biological knowledge. An ecosystem is important to maintain. *****Edited by Admin******

Last edited by Admin; 01-07-2008 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Edited by Admin
Reply With Quote Received Warning
  #47  
Old 01-07-2008, 02:35 PM
Ferd's Avatar
Ferd Ferd is offline
I remain the Petulant Chevalier


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 17,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkbyfaith7 View Post
Originally Posted by Walkbyfaith7
****Hey, now you are showing off you biological knowledge. An ecosystem is important to maintain. You must be white?********
Walkbyfaith7, I think you need to clarify this statement.
__________________
If I do something stupid blame the Lortab!
My Countdown Counting down to: Days left till the end of the opressive Texas Summer!
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 01-07-2008, 02:40 PM
Walkbyfaith7
Guest


 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
Walkbyfaith7, I think you need to clarify this statement.
It is a statement and then a question.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 01-07-2008, 02:42 PM
Ferd's Avatar
Ferd Ferd is offline
I remain the Petulant Chevalier


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 17,521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkbyfaith7 View Post
It is a statement and then a question.
I am more interested in you putting some context to the question. what does his race have to do with anything?
__________________
If I do something stupid blame the Lortab!
My Countdown Counting down to: Days left till the end of the opressive Texas Summer!
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 01-07-2008, 02:45 PM
Walkbyfaith7
Guest


 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I am more interested in you putting some context to the question. what does his race have to do with anything?
I don't know his race, do you?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Presidential Election Twisp Political Talk 42 11-28-2007 01:25 PM
Desktop Tower Defense RandyWayne The Playground 22 08-30-2007 11:07 PM
The War on Terror is THE Issue! deacon blues Fellowship Hall 64 07-30-2007 07:07 PM
Ron Pall On Candidates@Google Digging4Truth The Newsroom 1 07-17-2007 01:36 PM
Russian president Putin issues warning over U.S. missile defense ahead of G-8 COOPER The Newsroom 2 06-04-2007 01:05 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by Amanah
- by Esaias
- by Costeon

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.