Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 11-03-2009, 12:08 AM
Registered Member

Re: Your answer to illegal immigration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
Bro... that would bankrupt a family. Over hiring a Mexican to fix flashing? You're nuts. LOL The penalty has to truly be worthy of the crime. The hiring a Mexican to fix a person's chimney flashing isn't worth bankrupting an American family.

And what if I claimed I had no idea they were illegal?
Neither is downloading music illegally worth bankrupting someone over, but that seems to happen quite often these days.

And as for the claim that you claim you didn't know they were illegal, it's simple, don't hire someone without seeing their liscense or some other form of I.D.

Last edited by jfrog; 11-03-2009 at 12:11 AM.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:10 AM
Registered Member

I'm curious as to one thing Aquila, if you give every illegal amnesty, how do you plan on keeping this problem from arising again?
Old 11-03-2009, 06:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrog View Post
Neither is downloading music illegally worth bankrupting someone over, but that seems to happen quite often these days.

And as for the claim that you claim you didn't know they were illegal, it's simple, don't hire someone without seeing their liscense or some other form of I.D.
In order to have legal recourse you have to have a law requiring that of me. In addition to verify that I'm following procedures you'll eventually have to have me register with the government that I've verified the man's citizenship for the work to be done.

You're opening a can of worms and you can't see it.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrog View Post
I'm curious as to one thing Aquila, if you give every illegal amnesty, how do you plan on keeping this problem from arising again?
Amnesty would be granting citizenship without any legal ramifications. A first degree misdemeanor, a fine, and probation isn't amnesty. Forcing them to pay back taxes might also be in order if employment can be verified.

Last edited by Aquila; 11-03-2009 at 06:31 AM.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:34 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJJ View Post
Aquila,

I agree with you on this!

These guys are absolutely bought into the idea that Big Brother is gonna take care of them! Just give big brother all the tools to do that! Their absolute insanity is killing me! They have bought into the idea that all our nations problems are caused by the illegals! Sounds like Nazi Germany and hitlers proclaiming that all their troubles were caused by the Jews!

WOW!

Especially Jerm yn!

He is all for Obama, apparently because of the color, but against the "illegals" maybe because of their color!

Sounds like some of the others have a color problem also! Not so much a "illegal" problem!
TJJJ

You don't know me. Don't have a clue as to the kind of good man that I am.

To imply that I am "for" Obama and against illegals because of color is more than ignorant, but it is insulting.

You can take your uninformed opinion about me and shove it up your keester.

Take the time to get to know me before insulting me.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:49 AM
Registered Member

Since when is respecting our President and loving our country and country men worthy of basically being called racist?

There's nothing more I can say to you that would in any way reflect the Christianity I am ascribing to.

The more I think of to write, the more I realize I shouldn't.

TJJJ you are so very wrong about me.

What you have insinuated is very, very insulting.

You owe me a public apology.

I forgive you whether you apologize or not, but you should know that you are wrong.

Have a good day.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:58 AM
Lofty, Scientific, and Literal

Quote:
We're not talking about a crime that robs another of life, liberty, or property. We're talking about people who jumped our fence to be free and have a chance at life.
I was referring to your post about how people will get so desperate that they turn to crime to pay the bills and keep their daughters from turning tricks.

Quote:
Again... the only way to resolve the issue according to your paradigm is to turn America into a police state to catch them and deport them. I see that as unacceptable. Millions are here already and I don't want a police state that polices us all to catch them. I believe we do better to grant them citizenship, issue a fine, a first degree misdemeanor, and probation. If you're uncomfortable with prison after probation violation, we can put a felony on their record and fine them again. Or we could grant conditional citizenship and after probation violation round up provation violators. But again... a significant amount of policing the populance would be necessary.
And your suggestion wastes taxpayer monies, IMO. Courts are full enough with American issues and people who can't behave themselves. We don't need more attorneys and judges deciding cases on who gets to stay and who gets to leave when ALL of them are here under the same terms.....ILLEGALLY.

I don't care if they are from Mexico or from Iraq. Almost every country has an American embassy they can seek help from. It's really not that difficult if they are so desperate for a better life and honest work. Thousands of people do it every year.

I just feel that suggesting we give them fines and a criminal record is a bit extreme compared to just sending them home.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:04 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Amnesty would be granting citizenship without any legal ramifications. A first degree misdemeanor, a fine, and probation isn't amnesty. Forcing them to pay back taxes might also be in order if employment can be verified.
You missed the whole point of my question. After granting the ones here amnesty, how do we keep from having another batch of illegal immigrants a few years later?
Old 11-03-2009, 07:06 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
In order to have legal recourse you have to have a law requiring that of me. In addition to verify that I'm following procedures you'll eventually have to have me register with the government that I've verified the man's citizenship for the work to be done.

You're opening a can of worms and you can't see it.
If you make the punishments strict enough you don't have to verify. That's the whole point of strict punishments. What I am saying will not require you to register with the government that you've verified citizenship. It's an empty argument you have there. What I am proposing will not require much more regulation than what is currently in place.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:08 AM
Lofty, Scientific, and Literal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trouvere View Post
Just some thoughts after reading the above post. What language? English?
Why is it that England gets preference as being the superior language?

I am of Acadian culture and it forbidden for our ancestors to speak our their language in school.

http://www.heritage.nf.ca/society/acadians.html

http://acim.umfk.maine.edu/language.html

I have lately been working on Spanish and its a joy to be able to finally
converse with another part of the population and world. I think
its a closed mindset that considers that America is only English speaking.
I think of the countless numbers of African Americans who have never
known the mother tongue of their people. Many do not even know which
area or tribe they hailed from. I was in Nigeria earlier this year and my husband bought me a Yoruba/English KJV. During our time there I made it my point to learn some of their phrases. They were very excited that I would
even attempt it.
I want to say that I am glad I have some sort of culture to pass along to my children and a language as well. It would be a boring world if we were all a like.
When working with the Greek text it is such a joy to be able to recognize words and be able to tell the true meaning of scripture and the feeling
and emotion that is involved in it concerning the cultural aspects. Sure I
had to put my efforts into learning Biblical Greek but its worth it.

I don't think everyone should bring their personal prejudices into America
because we all strive to accept the differences of another as long as they
don't infringe on our own freedoms.
English is the official language in many countries. In many countries, children are required to learn English. In some countries, including the Phillipines, children aren't allowed to speak anything but English in school. At least it was that way about 30 years ago.

I don't speak Spanish fluently. I don't care to see my groceries with Spanish on them to make the foreigners happy. I live in America, and we speak English here.

I certainly wouldn't expect to live in Japan and expect them to speak English to me and refuse to learn Japanese. I wouldn't expect people in Ethiopia to cater to me and list their products in English because I don't understand their language. Yet that's what we do here with Hispanics who come to live here.