Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Homestead > Chef's Corner
Facebook

Notices

Chef's Corner Every Cook's favorite place! Post your recipes, share your cooking tips and ideas, etc.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:52 AM
Registered Member

Re: What Does Goat Meat Taste Like?

Goat milk is also superior to infant formula.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:52 AM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digging4Truth View Post
It turns out that we Western Civilization types are the last to get on the bandwagon with these goats.

I have read that Goat meat is the most consumed red meat in the world.

And they eat shrubs, weeds, the siding on your home... anything they can get to they will eat.
It is absolutely true that they will eat the siding off your house. We moved ours because of this. They are great weed killers. I believe I read in Los Angeles, the county uses goats to eat large amounts of grass in hard to reach places, that mowers can't readily reach.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 11-12-2008, 09:54 AM
Still Figuring It Out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneasttx View Post
It is absolutely true that they will eat the siding off your house. We moved ours because of this. They are great weed killers. I believe I read in Los Angeles, the county uses goats to eat large amounts of grass in hard to reach places, that mowers can't readily reach.
Sounds like government doing something smart...

Hmm...

Somehow those words don't seem normal when seen together in a sentence like that.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:29 AM
Administrator

Quote:
We are looking into growing goats and wonder if anyone has any idea what goat tastes like.
It taste a lot like beef, but more stringy.
Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:52 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
We are looking into growing goats and wonder if anyone has any idea what goat tastes like.
Spotted owl.......

- Groucho Marx
Old 11-13-2008, 10:58 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kae View Post
Not for every child and every situation. There are many who can't take goat's milk.

- Groucho Marx
Old 11-13-2008, 11:13 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kae View Post
I forgot about this. I know a guy who only drinks goat milk because he doesn't trust all the commercial ways that milk is processed.

Also, I love the taste of goat meat but I would hesitate to eat my goats because my three year old daughter would freak out. I couldn't imagine telling them that they are eating one of the goats. Plus, they babies are really cute and my wife would freak out if we ate it.

D4T, where are you located now and did you ever find a good church to attend? My BIL is attending a UPC church in Hot Springs.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:18 AM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Sounds like government doing something smart...

Hmm...

Somehow those words don't seem normal when seen together in a sentence like that.

Ain't that the truth, I think it was also for fire breaks. I believe the Fire Dept. recommended it.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 11-13-2008, 11:20 AM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReformedDave View Post
Spotted owl.......

Old 11-13-2008, 11:25 AM
Registered Member

**SHUDDDERS!*****

We had my first daughter dedicated along with 5 other kids at Church 10 years ago.
One of the parents was a cook & he did most of the food preparation for the dinner afterwards.
I was sitting with my wife when I started smelling some stinky feet!
I sniffed my shoes, my food, my wife's food, & then I inhaled a whiff of her soup!!!!
Woa Nelly!!! She said it was Goat Soup!

I told her, "You are suppposed to give it a bath before you put it in the soup!!!

Yuck!