Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 12-21-2007, 05:11 AM
Registered Member

I couldn't work that link this am.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:26 AM
Holy Unto The Lord

God hates both divorce and homosexuality, as much as He hates all sin. Equally. Only one sin is unforgivable, the rest can be forgiven.

CG is bound by a demonic spirit and needs deliverance.
Old 12-21-2007, 07:37 AM
Administrator

Pretty lame conclusion, really, to assume that because this kind of lifestyle provokes an "oh yuck" response, that those "oh yuckers" must think that adultery and murder are *lesser* sins, or maybe even okay.

All sins are forgiveable by God, and all sins are equally damning if unrepented. That does not mean, however, that all sins get the same response, have the same consequences (in this lifetime), and/or make the cut for abnormal, disgusting or creepy.

A man who commits adultery with a woman has sinned. Yep. But he's still acting on NORMAL desires. (Albeit, misplaced and inappropriate) A man who molests a child has also sinned. But he acted on ABNORMAL and unnatural desires.

There IS a difference, whether you politically correct peeps like it or not. Furthermore, when you have a relationship with someone who seems "normal", and nice and godly, it is doubly shocking, sickening and saddening when they delve into something like CG has.

And again I say to CG's myspace page: GUH-ROSS.

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 12-21-2007, 07:44 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Roc View Post
Why is it that we act toward this sin with disgust and not act with disgust with murder or adultery. (I used a vomit smiley earlier to express my feelings). Obviously, we find it repulsive and nasty...

...but does this nasty feeling toward it cause us to treat those who sin in this manner differently? and should we? is this sin any worse than others? though I do admit that this sin is probably harder to overcome than many others.
I would not treat CG any differently, as in...I am able to be friendly and kind to any sinner. But I would not allow him (or his deadly theologies) in my home, or in any close proximity to my children. So I suppose that would be the difference here. This is someone I would certainly not have close fellowship with.

Quote:
We definitely should vomit at the fact that it is being presented as something fine and that God's love and grace overlooks this willful lifestyle...now that definitely deserves a
Justifying sin, and even supporting it with scripture and deceiving others into thinking they are alright with God in spite of their direct disobedience is truly disgusting.

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 12-21-2007, 07:56 AM
"It's Never Too Late"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
Christian Garrett Starting A Gay church at Stonewall

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...id=293 654017

From his blog....

Dear Friends,

Richest greetings and kindest love from snowy New York. It has been a day of rain and sleet and is beautiful, but cold!

I am writing to ask you to pray about helping us in the launch of a very historic Church plant. On January the 6th at 2pm, we will hold our first service of "Church at Stonewall." We will be meeting in the Stonewall Inn which was the site of the 1969 Stonewall riots. The events of that year are credited by many as being the beginning of the modern gay rights movement.

The Church will be an all inclusive Church that reaches beyond religion into the message of God's eternal and unconditional love. There will be a strong emphasis on healing many in the GLBT community who have been rejected and hurt by right wing religion. We will be presenting the amazing message of God's universal love and grace. God is love and love is God and is within us all.

We need to raise around $2,000 more dollars by the first of January to help with the entire work that goes into starting a Church. I want you to pray about giving to help this new work which will take the good news of God's love and grace into the very heart of New York City.

If you are interested in helping us out...send us a message here at myspace and we will forward you additional information on where to send your gifts.

Thanks so much for your love and support,

Christian
The good news of God's love will not save a soul.

Unless the souls repent.
Old 12-21-2007, 09:07 AM
uncharismatic conservative maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
It's never hateful to teach the truth. Sin is sin. This sin is clearly condemned in Scripture.
To which I totally 100% agree. Makes me wonder why this thread was even brought up.
Old 12-21-2007, 09:11 AM
uncharismatic conservative maverick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBrattified View Post
Pretty lame conclusion, really, to assume that because this kind of lifestyle provokes an "oh yuck" response, that those "oh yuckers" must think that adultery and murder are *lesser* sins, or maybe even okay.

All sins are forgiveable by God, and all sins are equally damning if unrepented. That does not mean, however, that all sins get the same response, have the same consequences (in this lifetime), and/or make the cut for abnormal, disgusting or creepy.

A man who commits adultery with a woman has sinned. Yep. But he's still acting on NORMAL desires. (Albeit, misplaced and inappropriate) A man who molests a child has also sinned. But he acted on ABNORMAL and unnatural desires.

There IS a difference, whether you politically correct peeps like it or not. Furthermore, when you have a relationship with someone who seems "normal", and nice and godly, it is doubly shocking, sickening and saddening when they delve into something like CG has.

And again I say to CG's myspace page: GUH-ROSS.
Gotta do a jig on this!
Old 12-21-2007, 09:31 AM
Banned

I believe it is correct to say that this sin is a forgivable sin like any other. We hate the sin and love the sinner so to speak. I know brothers (and sisters) who have been down this road experimentally for a period or who were in bondage to it. Some still fight this battle with the desires of their flesh on occasion. We need to have compassion, but we can’t water it down for their sakes. If we grow too soft toward this it could destroy marriages and ministries. All it would take for some is one mistake, one slip up…one moment of weakness and their lives could be destroyed. Not to mention the potential of contracting a life threatening disease.

We’re all human and predisposed to sin. Some are more predisposed to this one than others. If you’ve had struggles in this area please know that you are not alone and that God still loves you. He knows you’re but flesh. But God’s very nature, his holiness, demands judgment upon sin. Sin is sin primarily because it twists God’s intention for his creation, which was to glorify him, and causes it to glorify itself and its own desires. It carries God’s creation away from him. The danger of this sin is that it will begin to define you with a lie. It will say, “This is simply what you are.” Wrong. If this lie is believed it will tear you away from God’s love and mercy and plunge you into the darkest night of soul and shame you could ever imagine. Don’t let it define you. You’re a child of God. It may say, “You were born this way.” But in all honesty friend, we were all born sinners. That’s just a lie this spirit uses to try to convince you to give in. You may have struggles in this area but unless you act on these feelings from your flesh you’ve not sinned. And that’s all they are, feelings from your flesh. It’s not you…it’s the flesh. I know this may sound harsh, but please forgive me; it’s your low down, dirty, rotten, stinkin’, sinful flesh. And guess what…we all have flesh… and ours is just as corrupt as yours. We must stay on top of our flesh and keep it in subjection to the Holy Ghost.

But what if you’re reading this and you have fallen or given in? First, keep your mind from panicking. Calm down. Take a deep breath and get real and honest with yourself. Accept responsibility for letting it happen. Somehow you may have put yourself in a position to allow it to happen. This isn’t placing “blame” or intended to be condemnatory, but rather an honest intellectual exercise in personal responsibility. This can’t be dealt with until you accept ownership of it.

Next go to God and talk to him. Find time to get alone and TALK out loud. Tell him how you feel and how you’re struggling. Ask for his help. Ask him to forgive you. Let the tears go. When you’re with him…it’s ok to express your weakness and helplessness. Ask him to help keep you from ever doing this again. Pray in the Holy Ghost. You’ll feel so unclean and the last thing you’ll feel like doing is praying in the Holy Ghost…but you’re spirit now needs to be edified and built up. You can’t win this battle alone. Immediately sever any friendship, contact, or relationship with the individual this happened with. Change churches if necessary. You may also need counsel from your pastor; or if you’re married you may also need to confess to your wife or husband, follow God’s leading here because there may be serious repercussions.

Now comes the hardest part. Forgive yourself. Put it behind you. You’re human and you seriously messed up. But today is a new day. Now is a fresh chance to start again. God still loves you and longs to see you saved more than you do.

Pray for a healing. Pray that God miraculously heals your entire person; body, soul, and spirit. Being delivered from this will take a deep and powerful healing. Many repent and determine in themselves never to do this again through pure willpower…but in all honesty their success rate is rather low. This predisposition isn’t merely a choice to make or not to make. It’s not in your head…it’s in your flesh. The flesh has its wants and will continue to have it’s wants until you receive a powerful deliverance and healing touch from God. This kind of healing and deliverance is truly a miracle of miracles and it’s something many have experienced. Until you receive this touch you’ll most likely struggle with these desires. Without this touch, even if you don’t act on these feelings, you may struggle with this for many years; if not most of your life. But I’ve seen it happen. Once the Lord has set you free and healed your entire person (body, mind, and emotions) you’ll be whole again and free of this infirmity. You’ll begin to have normal thoughts and desires. It is a supernatural change that only God can perform, you cannot do this on your own. God is there for you and I believe he will set you free…I’ve seen it happen.

And here’s more good news…we’re here to pray for you and talk to you any time you need us. We’re not here to bash or attack you. We will stand with you and love you long after those who seduced you leave you used and abused for their next conquest.

I feel a Word in the Holy Ghost for those who struggle with this…..

Isaiah 53:5-6
But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Your healing and deliverance is only…by his stripes. The scourge you deserve was laid upon him. He willingly allowed himself to be literally beaten to shreds to atone for your sin. Is that an act of a God who hates you? Oh if you only knew the depth of his love for you, even in spite of this sin. The sounds of his beating, the cracking of the whips, the slashing of the lashes…these eco down through time and can be heard even now in your darkest hour…at the moment of your failure…they can be heard today in the darkness of a late night movie theater, they can be heard in the smoke filled bars aglow in neon lights. They can be heard in the hallways and in every darkened room of every roadside motel. And when your memory remembers those places and those failures Satan will do his very best to try and make sure that you hear only his accusations and condemnation…. because he knows that if your spirit can hear the stripes...he knows you can call out to that blood and be forgiven, healed, and set free.

If you’re struggling and need a touch from God, turn off your computer right now and hear the stripes being placed upon his back…I know that if you cry out to his blood you’ll have begun the journey home from that far off country… and though you may not believe God still loves you…on that stretch toward home, you’ll see your Heavenly Father running to greet you and welcome you back in with arms wide open.
Old 12-21-2007, 09:40 AM
Saved & Shaved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Price View Post
God hates both divorce and homosexuality, as much as He hates all sin. Equally. Only one sin is unforgivable, the rest can be forgiven.

CG is bound by a demonic spirit and needs deliverance.
Homosexuality is not a spirit.
Old 12-21-2007, 09:57 AM
Registered Member

Aquila I like what you said a great deal thanks.

Berk you are wrong.Not only is it a spirit but it speaks.I am battling it in my office assistant right now.I hear it speak.Sorry this time you are off.This spirit speaks to children especially if it can.It makes them to think something
is wrong with them.I love this lady she is awesome but lives this life openly.I don't support her lifestyle or love her sin but the day she is delivered and speaks with new tongues and has power to overcome from the indwelling presence of the Holy Ghost is going to be a day of rejoicing for me.You have to love the sinner but hate the sin.

I have a question for some of you.Do you ever ask any one taken by this sin over for dinner or out to eat? Do you try and win them as a friend or are you too afraid of being taken in by this spirit? Maybe thats the problem.Rejection is a spirit that is greatly felt by people bound by a homosexual spirit.They cling to each other as the sea(think Dantes portrait of hell) of life envelopes them.I believe Jesus wants them to wash up on the beach and climb to the lighthouse.Jesus is our hope.