Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 01-11-2019, 09:14 AM
Registered Member

Oneness vs Monotheism

Hi! I want to speak and ask your thoughts or experiences abut this subject.
Maybe for some this is a small thing and looks like a game with words but for me and i think every Christian is a dangerous matter of hell!
Some times i listened preachers who tried to teach "oneness" and that is just an Old heresy called Modalism.
They Believe in One God, they believe that Jesus is God ,but they dont kknow to brake it down from the Bible.
They say that:
God the Father came AS a man..
God became man!
God changed modes and spoke sometimes as the Son come as the Father...
That God changed ROLES!!!!Acting that is a man!
That God the Father has the Office of the Sonship!!!!! Nonsense!

So you know what i mean?

The Bible never said those things that make God a liar!
God did not became a man!
God did anythong AS the Son ,but only THFOUGH the Son
The Son of God is the man Jesus who is named like that becuase He is the Son .
Nowhere in the Bible sayd that the man Chrsit was the Father...not a single verse! ALLL Bible ,even John Gospel "is writen to believe that Jesus IS the Son of God".
and truly our fellowship [is] with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

Amen. Is someone ever had this issue in his life-church etc?
Old 01-11-2019, 10:08 AM
Registered Member

Re: Oneness vs Monotheism

Man thanks for showing me this I now see I have been teach it wrong the whole time.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:55 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter83 View Post
Hi! I want to speak and ask your thoughts or experiences abut this subject.
Maybe for some this is a small thing and looks like a game with words but for me and i think every Christian is a dangerous matter of hell!
Some times i listened preachers who tried to teach "oneness" and that is just an Old heresy called Modalism.
They Believe in One God, they believe that Jesus is God ,but they dont kknow to brake it down from the Bible.
They say that:
God the Father came AS a man..
God became man!
God changed modes and spoke sometimes as the Son come as the Father...
That God changed ROLES!!!!Acting that is a man!
That God the Father has the Office of the Sonship!!!!! Nonsense!

So you know what i mean?

The Bible never said those things that make God a liar!
God did not became a man!
God did anythong AS the Son ,but only THFOUGH the Son
The Son of God is the man Jesus who is named like that becuase He is the Son .
Nowhere in the Bible sayd that the man Chrsit was the Father...not a single verse! ALLL Bible ,even John Gospel "is writen to believe that Jesus IS the Son of God".
and truly our fellowship [is] with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

Amen. Is someone ever had this issue in his life-church etc?
Is Jesus God? Or no?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-12-2019, 02:59 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Is Jesus God? Or no?
Hi brother ,how are you? (i hope you do well)
From your question i can understand that you dont understood what i mean. So may you do the same mistake as i described (i am not sure,i just ask).
Ye Jesus is God Almighty.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:03 PM
Registered Member

I thought Jesus was the Father and the Son? Isaiah 9:6.
Old 01-12-2019, 02:58 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
I thought Jesus was the Father and the Son? Isaiah 9:6.
Yes Jesus is the Son and receive his name from His Father. The Father is nit the Son.
Father = Deity
Son=Humanity
Like you said Jesus is both Father and Son. Father did not became the Son, neither the son is his father too.amen
Old 01-12-2019, 05:40 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Yes Jesus is the Son and receive his name from His Father. The Father is nit the Son.
Father = Deity
Son=Humanity
Like you said Jesus is both Father and Son. Father did not became the Son, neither the son is his father too.amen
If the Father did not become the Son who is this talking about?

1 Tim. 3:16

16And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

It SEEMS to me that the Father became the Son while ALSO remaining the Father. In other words he was living in two modes of being SIMULTANEOUSLY.
Old 01-12-2019, 07:25 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
If the Father did not become the Son who is this talking about?

1 Tim. 3:16

16And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

It SEEMS to me that the Father became the Son while ALSO remaining the Father. In other words he was living in two modes of being SIMULTANEOUSLY.
First of all you will never find a verse that says : God became a man.(except 'the Word became Flesh" but this is what means Word)
Second ,you will not find a verse ,when Jesus lived ,that said "i am the Father" Not even one!
Instinct ,all the Bible and even the gospel of John says:
John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
All the revelation of that Mistery is that Jesus is the Son of God. That was the revelation of all saint ,even Peter said "You are the Christ(means Anointed) the Son of the Living God"
That is why John found it so important to say :and truly our fellowship [is] with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. (1 John.) and
9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
If you bel;ieve the Son was not actually whaty it sayd, but the Father pretending ,actoring,palying roles, or changing modes..or even became a man. The Gos is a lier and he have not Son? Or how then you believe that Jesus is the Son? If was his own Father why he never said that? Why all saints say that our felloship is with the Father and His Son, why not just "with Jesus Chrsit"
God was manifest IN flesh
God was IN his Son
God spoke THROUGH His Son
All the fullness of Deity dwells IN Jesus in bodily form
That form ,that body ,that flesh is the Son.
Even Jesus said i am the Son, Apostles ,Scripture ,even God gave this testimony about His Son!!! Do you believe him?
God (which is unseen) manifest (became visible) in(dwells in him) flesh (Son) Great mystery . God di not became flesh!

Now the other thing is that Jesus (yes the man,and manifestation of God)inheritance His glory .His deity (Father)If was not the Son, who is giving inheritance to whom? To his self?
Is the same the anointer with he that receives the anointing?
Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Who gave to whom (i dont ask for answer to me )
21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
Who overcame the world? Why we (Christians) overcome the world only if we believe that Jesus the man did?
Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?
Not an angel, not a second god, not God himself, not e mere man, but the man Jesus Christ. Because He "tempted like us" but God "can not be tempted" at all.

(if you come back to the doctrine of Christ when you will also understand and be able to explain ,those verse:
"Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ," (3-4 times Peter and Paul prayed this)
You will have more knowledge for our God and Lord Jesus . Because is written to grow more and more in knowledge of the Son of God. Only through the Son we can know the Father.

I pray "That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him"Ephes.1:17

Last edited by peter83; 01-12-2019 at 07:34 AM.
Old 01-14-2019, 06:40 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
First of all you will never find a verse that says : God became a man.(except 'the Word became Flesh" but this is what means Word)
Second ,you will not find a verse ,when Jesus lived ,that said "i am the Father" Not even one!
Instinct ,all the Bible and even the gospel of John says:
John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.
All the revelation of that Mistery is that Jesus is the Son of God. That was the revelation of all saint ,even Peter said "You are the Christ(means Anointed) the Son of the Living God"
That is why John found it so important to say :and truly our fellowship [is] with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. (1 John.) and
9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
If you bel;ieve the Son was not actually whaty it sayd, but the Father pretending ,actoring,palying roles, or changing modes..or even became a man. The Gos is a lier and he have not Son? Or how then you believe that Jesus is the Son? If was his own Father why he never said that? Why all saints say that our felloship is with the Father and His Son, why not just "with Jesus Chrsit"
God was manifest IN flesh
God was IN his Son
God spoke THROUGH His Son
All the fullness of Deity dwells IN Jesus in bodily form
That form ,that body ,that flesh is the Son.
Even Jesus said i am the Son, Apostles ,Scripture ,even God gave this testimony about His Son!!! Do you believe him?
God (which is unseen) manifest (became visible) in(dwells in him) flesh (Son) Great mystery . God di not became flesh!

Now the other thing is that Jesus (yes the man,and manifestation of God)inheritance His glory .His deity (Father)If was not the Son, who is giving inheritance to whom? To his self?
Is the same the anointer with he that receives the anointing?
Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

Who gave to whom (i dont ask for answer to me )
21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
Who overcame the world? Why we (Christians) overcome the world only if we believe that Jesus the man did?
Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?
Not an angel, not a second god, not God himself, not e mere man, but the man Jesus Christ. Because He "tempted like us" but God "can not be tempted" at all.

(if you come back to the doctrine of Christ when you will also understand and be able to explain ,those verse:
"Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ," (3-4 times Peter and Paul prayed this)
You will have more knowledge for our God and Lord Jesus . Because is written to grow more and more in knowledge of the Son of God. Only through the Son we can know the Father.

I pray "That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him"Ephes.1:17
It seems your line of thinking is that Jesus was just a man that the Spirit of God was in. That is not the case with Jesus. He was not just a man that was filled with the Holy Ghost. He was God in flesh. Not just "in" flesh as you may stress inside but rather God having become a man. You are lacking this understanding.

If your teaching that Jesus only had God on the inside and is not visible you must define your position concerning John 1:14 ....and the word was made flesh.. what was made flesh? Is the word spirit? Does the verse say "the word was "in" flesh?

Also you will need to define what it means for Jesus to be the image of the invisible God Colosians 1:15.

Again share your doctrine concerning Jesus telling Philip "he that hath seen me hath seen the Father;

Is Jesus The Lord or is The Lord in Jesus?

When you see Jesus do you see God?

When the disciples saw Jesus did they see God?
Old 01-11-2019, 08:20 PM
Registered Member

True Modalism