Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-12-2016, 03:16 PM
Registered Member

America 2016: Free Speech for a selected few.

I watched the coverage of the riots at the Trump Rally last evening and noticed that these protests stem from the radical left who shout down all who oppose their agenda.

This occurs daily on college campuses throughout America.
For reference:http://dailysignal.com/2016/02/26/ca...s-resignation/

Colleges and liberal media outlets are "safe spaces" for progressive policies and thought. The SOP is to play the victim when any conservative expresses a view. Students and professors whine about how bad the conservative view makes them FEEL.

Meanwhile, as we saw at the Trump rally, they physically bully and intimidate ideological opponents, hurling curses and threats at a rapid pace.

Free speech is limited to a selected few, typically anyone who isn't white or male.
Old 03-12-2016, 08:25 PM
Administrator

Re: America 2016: Free Speech for a selected few.

I agree. More fuel for the fire. The powder keg is still being loaded. The US will likely never be destroyed from an external force, unless by an act of God, as a complete invasion and successful ground campaign is all but impossible, without a nuclear war and M.A.D.

I've thought for a long time now that the US will implode and collapse from within.

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/
Old 03-12-2016, 08:27 PM
Administrator

I posted this just a while ago on Facebook as a response to seeing so many people rejoicing over the cancellation of Trump's rally in Chi-Town:

Quote:
The fact that people are celebrating the fact that Trump's rally had to be cancelled over the possibility of violent protest only means, not that Trump deserved to have one of his rally's cancelled because some believe he's a fascist/racist, but that people are celebrating the fact that many people's Constitutionally guaranteed First Amendment right to freely assemble was in Chicago, the other night, completely trampled upon by the protesters, which is and was an act of de facto fascism, likely racially motivated.

Only a hypocrite would fail to see the irony.

Old 03-12-2016, 08:29 PM
Administrator

As a certain meme has made it clear, from the film The Dark Knight:

"It's all part of the plan" ~ Joker

Old 03-12-2016, 08:30 PM
Registered Member

Had nothing to do with 1A. 1A is about the GOVERNMENT, not fellow citizens. No one's 1A rights were trampled, unless you believe obama ordered the protests, and the protesters were govt agents.

And Trump can only point his finger at himself, since it's due to Trump's own rhetoric that there were protests at all. And it's Trump's incitement to violence which caused his own supporters to act out in violence.
Old 03-12-2016, 08:33 PM
Administrator

I'm not a Trump supporter, or think he's all innocent in anything he does or says.

My point was in that people are happy that the right to assembly was lost, as the bottom-line.

Whatever side one falls out on politically, a loss of rights is still a loss of rights, and that's what's so sad.

Old 03-12-2016, 08:36 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
I'm not a Trump supporter, or think he's all innocent in anything he does or says.

My point was in that people are happy that the right to assembly was lost, as the bottom-line.

Whatever side one falls out on politically, a loss of rights is still a loss of rights, and that's what's so sad.
But there was no loss of rights. The people were allowed to assemble. They weren't restricted by the government. There were no loss of 1A rights.
Old 03-12-2016, 10:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
But there was no loss of rights. The people were allowed to assemble. They weren't restricted by the government. There were no loss of 1A rights.
Not in any technical sense. I will give you that. But the fact that it had to be cancelled or risk being turned into a riot, when there were probably some very sincere and innocent people there who merely wanted a chance to support the man they want for president was taken from them, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Most there likely assembled peacefully with no harmful intent, but then had to watch their peaceable, good intentions to support a candidate get trampled on as they were dispersed due to the cancellation.

The few bad apples spoiled the barrel. That spoiling is where rights were lost. Wherever a crime takes place, rights are automatically taken.

Old 03-12-2016, 10:53 PM
Yeshua is God

Any protestor from any camp, left or right that breaks the law or prevents others from having their rights should be punished by jail time and punitive fines, they should also be sued.

Protesters have the right to protest but not the right to destroy other people's rights.
Old 03-12-2016, 11:00 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingZword View Post
Any protestor from any camp, left or right that breaks the law or prevents others from having their rights should be punished by jail time and punitive fines, they should also be sued.

Protesters have the right to protest but not the right to destroy other people's rights.
Again, no rights were violated.

What law was broken? I'm not just disagreeing just to disagree here, I'd like to know what law you believe was broken which would have these protesters jailed, fined and sued?