Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 08:39 PM
Sister Alvear

very true...
Old 03-12-2007, 08:39 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadfast View Post
I sincerely doubt that there is much 'witholding' being done. I'm a big Missions supporter - we have over 70 PIM's - and I've only heard a few whispers about it over the last 5 years.

With all the traveling I do I would think someone would 'uncork' about how they holding out on Missionaries. What a silly thing to do in light of the Great Commission. Makes about as much sense as minority groups deciding to riot over a court decision and getting the bright idea, "HEY! I think I'll go burn down MY neighborhood!"

I strongly suspect that there are missionaries struggling because of the huge offerings being taken up and pledges for monthly support at Conferences... while much of the offerings not coming in and monthly support that never does start once they get home from the Conference.

MISSIONS: It's vital to the Kingdom. To challenge that would be, in my opinion, to challenge God's command. Men usually don't do well when they start doing that.
Hey, it's even worse when it is UPCI District Officials who are declaring that they are witholding their support. Very disappointing to me.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadfast View Post
I strongly suspect that there are missionaries struggling because of the huge offerings being taken up and pledges for monthly support at Conferences... while much of the offerings not coming in and monthly support that never does start once they get home from the Conference.[/COLOR]
This was the start of the troubles- pledged money that NEVER came in.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:42 PM
Step By Step - Day By Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredOutOfMyMind View Post
This was the start of the troubles- pledged money that NEVER came in.
This has ALWAYS been so.

(surname courtesy of Jim Yohe)
Old 03-12-2007, 08:46 PM
Step By Step - Day By Day

Do you realize that on average a missionary can expect to receive only about 70% of the PIM support raised on deputation!? At least that's the way it was when we were missionaries. I don't know if it's changed since then or not but if it has I can only expect that that the percentage would have decreased.

Bro. Judd was pretty pleased and excited that we were receiving around 90% of ours. That was largely due to the faithfulness of our Canadian PIMs.

(surname courtesy of Jim Yohe)
Old 03-12-2007, 08:46 PM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrford View Post
Hey, it's even worse when it is UPCI District Officials who are declaring that they are witholding their support. Very disappointing to me.

why be in an organization you don't trust let alone hold an office ???

there is an BIG official here that wont let his youth go to the state youth camp cause standards are not high enough.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:49 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrford View Post
NOT witholding support but using ANOTHER venue to send it through. There is a difference although some feel anything outside the 'grand ole lady' is witholding. The venue this official is sending his money through won't be sticking their hands in the til taking money away from the purported designated money. ALL the money designated goes where it si designated isn't that an odd concept??????????? Sending the money to where is was taken up for instead of some official's NEED.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
Same Ole same ole!!! If you preach anything and don't lick the FMD boots out you go!
Steve, this is a very dumb post that is beneath you.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:53 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Poster View Post
Steve, this is a very dumb post that is beneath you.
Just an outside observation for the past several years.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:53 PM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
Do you realize that on average a missionary can expect to receive only about 70% of the PIM support raised on deputation!? At least that's the way it was when we were missionaries. I don't know if it's changed since then or not but if it has I can only expect that that the percentage would have decreased.

Bro. Judd was pretty pleased and excited that we were receiving around 90% of ours. That was largely due to the faithfulness of our Canadian PIMs.

I ALWAYS thought it was pathetic the way missionaries had to travel all over begging for money. shame on us for that
Closed Thread