Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 08-12-2014, 08:25 PM
Saved by Grace

PO Admit it. Romney was right on everything.

http://conservativetribune.com/romney-right-on-iraq/

Romney in 2016?

"The only man who has the right to say he is justified by grace alone is the man who has left all to follow Christ." ~Dietrich Bonheoffer, The Cost of Discipleship

"Preachers who should be fishing for men are now too often fishing for compliments from men." ~Leonard Ravenhill
Old 08-13-2014, 08:07 AM
Registered Member

Re: PO Admit it. Romney was right on everything.

There's no doubt Romney has more knowledge of both foreign and domestic policy than the current occupant in the White House. obama's 2nd term is a massive failure. Russia/Ukraine, Iraq, obamacare, immigration, economy ... obama's Presidency should be written in textbooks on reasons why people should never 1) vote for a person who's never held a real job; 2) vote for a person just to be part of history.

If anything, the past 6 years have shown why affirmative action never works. Between the two, Romney was the better, more qualified candidate. But instead, an unqualified minority candidate was voted in.

As far as 2016 goes, I'd still like to see either Rand Paul or Ted Cruz in the White House, though I'm not at all optimistic either would win in the general election. Voters have been too dumbed down and bought off with government programs the past 6 years to vote for a Republican Presidential candidate.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:45 PM
Saved by Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
There's no doubt Romney has more knowledge of both foreign and domestic policy than the current occupant in the White House. obama's 2nd term is a massive failure. Russia/Ukraine, Iraq, obamacare, immigration, economy ... obama's Presidency should be written in textbooks on reasons why people should never 1) vote for a person who's never held a real job; 2) vote for a person just to be part of history.

If anything, the past 6 years have shown why affirmative action never works. Between the two, Romney was the better, more qualified candidate. But instead, an unqualified minority candidate was voted in.

As far as 2016 goes, I'd still like to see either Rand Paul or Ted Cruz in the White House, though I'm not at all optimistic either would win in the general election. Voters have been too dumbed down and bought off with government programs the past 6 years to vote for a Republican Presidential candidate.
I like Ted Cruz but I'm doubt he could even make it out of the field in the primaries. Plus he's been demonized already by the media. I think the GOP will need someone the general public is familiar with (name recognition) on the ticket vs Hillary. I know the PO types don't like Romney and refuse to vote for him, but really look at the mess the countries in because many sat out the last election who could have made a difference.

At some point you have to vote for "the lesser if two evils" if you will. Salvation isn't to be found in politics so why not just vote for who you think would be the better leader of the free world given the choices instead of throwing a fit that your candidate isn't there.

I liked Newt but in hindsight it seems Romney was the better candidate and certainly would have been a much better president than Obama, and perhaps even Reagan like.

I'd like to see Romney run again in 2016. I'm not sure he'd beat Hillary, but I'm not sure any GOP candidate will.

I find it amusing that people heap blame on Romney for losing to Obama in 2012, again I'm not sure any GOP candidate could have beat Obama. The Dems trot out so many low info hoards if voters they are going to be tough in any general election.

"The only man who has the right to say he is justified by grace alone is the man who has left all to follow Christ." ~Dietrich Bonheoffer, The Cost of Discipleship

"Preachers who should be fishing for men are now too often fishing for compliments from men." ~Leonard Ravenhill
Old 08-14-2014, 05:39 AM
Registered Member

Re: PO Admit it. Romney was right on everything.

I don't know that we will see another true conservative Republican president for a while. The Electoral College numbers are hard to overcome, when you look at the states that will go Dem, no matter what.