Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Homestead > Chef's Corner
Facebook

Notices

Chef's Corner Every Cook's favorite place! Post your recipes, share your cooking tips and ideas, etc.

Old 01-28-2009, 06:24 PM
Accepts all friends requests

Re: Easy Super Bowl Snack Recipes

I have to bring "hor dourves" to work for the "big game." They're going to put it up on a couple of the huge NASA like projection screens while the stuff we're supposed to be watching gets shrunk to small windows on the remaining screens.

The food will probably sit out so I want to avoid giving everyone ptomaine poisoning. Any ideas here? I wanted to go one better than the luchmeat and cheese on a toothpick route.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:27 PM
Registered Member

Make some chili and bring it in a large crock pot.
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear
Old 01-28-2009, 06:29 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Hoover View Post
Oh man I LOVE that stuff!
I have never tried it, but it is definitely on my list.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 01-28-2009, 06:32 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Well ya gotta make them but, Spinach Balls are awesome too!

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 01-28-2009, 06:34 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Well ya gotta make them but, Spinach Balls are awesome too!

Do you have a recipe?
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 01-28-2009, 06:36 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy View Post
Do you have a recipe?
Not handy - I can ask my wife.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 01-28-2009, 06:48 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Not handy - I can ask my wife.
They look yummy, thanks.

Old 01-28-2009, 07:33 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy View Post
Puppy Chow

Ingredients
9 cups Corn Chex®, Rice Chex®, Wheat Chex® or Chocolate Chex® cereal (or combination)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Preparation Directions
1. Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
2. In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
3. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.

This is good stuff. I am so glad you posted it. I had the recipe several years ago but had lost it. Can't wait to make it again.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:41 PM
Lofty, Scientific, and Literal

Anything that someone else cooks is always good!
Old 01-28-2009, 08:59 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyOne View Post
Anything that someone else cooks is always good!
I know that's right.