Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-13-2022, 08:21 PM

Re: What's your view on Hell?

5 For we know that if the tent that is our earthly home is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. 2 For in this tent we groan, longing to put on our heavenly dwelling, 3 if indeed by putting it on[a] we may not be found naked. 4 For while we are still in this tent, we groan, being burdened—not that we would be unclothed, but that we would be further clothed, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. 5 He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.

But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

I went to a funeral today. The (once Holyghost filled) earthened vessel was asleep, waiting for the awakening sound of the trumpet, like every other Christian in the last 2000 years. As will we…

Yet so many say, “they’re with Jesus NOW, they’re in a better place”

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. - Eph. 4:29

Last edited by shag; 01-13-2022 at 09:27 PM.
Old 01-13-2022, 08:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
1John 3:2

[2] Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
....Which was speaking of the body Jesus ate and drank with after he resurrected. We will also be able to do that....
7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Last edited by 1 God; 01-13-2022 at 08:40 PM.
Old 01-13-2022, 08:57 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
1John 3:2

[2] Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 God View Post
....Which was speaking of the body Jesus ate and drank with after he resurrected. We will also be able to do that....
7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.
My point was that we don’t know yet what we shall be, or it has not yet been made evident.
Old 01-13-2022, 09:42 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
My point was that we don’t know yet what we shall be, or it has not yet been made evident.
And this goes beyond the resurrection body, it seems, since John is talking about what WE shall be, and not simply what our bodies shall be.

Jesus was raised, and was seen and even touched. And as Paul says we shall bear His image or likeness. But He has not yet appeared in His full glory, and neither have we. But when that happens we will be like Him, because we will see Him as He is. As Paul says the seeing of Christ is transformative, we will be transformed by our seeing Him in His manifested glory:

2 Corinthians 3:18 KJV
But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

We currently see Him "as in a glass" (mirror), and it has a transformative effect on us now. But...

1 Corinthians 13:12 KJV
For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-13-2022, 09:46 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by shag View Post
5 For we know that if the tent that is our earthly home is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. 2 For in this tent we groan, longing to put on our heavenly dwelling, 3 if indeed by putting it on[a] we may not be found naked. 4 For while we are still in this tent, we groan, being burdened—not that we would be unclothed, but that we would be further clothed, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. 5 He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.

But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

I went to a funeral today. The (once Holyghost filled) earthened vessel was asleep, waiting for the awakening sound of the trumpet, like every other Christian in the last 2000 years. As will we…

Well, if the deceased was a child of God, then they are resting "in Christ". Is that a better place than this old troubled world? Many would say yes.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-14-2022, 07:31 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Who said that? Why would you think that?
Because the sister said, we're just dead. Lol! Maybe it was a mistype.
Old 01-14-2022, 07:54 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shag View Post

2 years ago a saint died, and at his death he looked up and spoke to his pastor these words, "pastor, the chariots of fire, there real!" In just a short time after that he died. I may or I may not tell another story in about 6-10 months from now about what an elder saw in a dream.

A very good pastor friend of mine, whom I consider a mentor, has had the opportunity to be at the bed side of the departing, both the saved and the lost. One women, was dying and as she was dying starting to scream in a tormenting voice, "there is only ONE God".

[I]I Corinthians 2:9
But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. /I]

Whats on the other side is a dimension that this natural mind cannot comprehend. Thats why Paul said about the heavenly place, "heard unspeakable words, that is unlawful for man to utter.''

Im beginning to firmly believe in order for a individual to understand Gods word, they have to be fully committed to the spiritual things of God. Otherwise through the natural eye, all they'll see is things natural.
Old 01-14-2022, 08:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
2 years ago a saint died, and at his death he looked up and spoke to his pastor these words, "pastor, the chariots of fire, there real!" In just a short time after that he died. I may or I may not tell another story in about 6-10 months from now about what an elder saw in a dream.

A very good pastor friend of mine, whom I consider a mentor, has had the opportunity to be at the bed side of the departing, both the saved and the lost. One women, was dying and as she was dying starting to scream in a tormenting voice, "there is only ONE God".

[I]I Corinthians 2:9
But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. /I]

Whats on the other side is a dimension that this natural mind cannot comprehend. Thats why Paul said about the heavenly place, "heard unspeakable words, that is unlawful for man to utter.''

Im beginning to firmly believe in order for a individual to understand Gods word, they have to be fully committed to the spiritual things of God. Otherwise through the natural eye, all they'll see is things natural.
The baptism of the Holy Ghost will provide the proper spiritual insight. Distortion of God’s word by religions is not spiritual insight, but spiritual distortion.
Old 01-14-2022, 08:08 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
Because the sister said, we're just dead. Lol! Maybe it was a mistype.
Dead as asleep in Christ

Sleeping in Jesus
Old 01-14-2022, 08:12 AM
Banned

The Holy Ghost would never tell an individual that the event Jesus was speaking of concerning hell was not real. Religion would.