Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-30-2021, 07:46 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: What's your view on Hell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 God View Post
10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
They are UNDER an altar. You mean dead people aren't only on reclining coaches, but are on those couches with Abraham under an altar?

Seriously?
Old 12-30-2021, 10:09 AM
Banned

Per NT scripture. The dead are very much alive. They are spirits.
Old 12-30-2021, 10:34 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Per NT scripture. The dead are very much alive. They are spirits.
Alive and under "a" altar, on reclining couches, with the patriarch Abraham?
Looking and hearing the tortured in torments, praying for the death of those who are on earth? That is what you are teaching us?
Old 12-30-2021, 11:17 AM
Banned

I said nothing about recliners. I quoted the verse. Pretty easy to see those formerly dead saints talking and waiting for the completion of the first resurrection in chapter 20. Then they will have new bodies and will reign with Christ for 1000 years in them.
Old 12-30-2021, 11:32 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
I said nothing about recliners. I quoted the verse. Pretty easy to see those formerly dead saints talking and waiting for the completion of the first resurrection in chapter 20. Then they will have new bodies and will reign with Christ for 1000 years in them.
Excuse me, you believe it’s all literal, therefore we are dealing with your literal interpretation of the scriptures previously mentioned. So, we have the rich ruler sitting in the middle of flames. He is also thirsty, he is able to be heard over a giant distance. He can also see over that distance, and able to hear as well, Abraham who is reclining as well as Eleazar/Lazerous the unclean. You then mention Revelation’s depiction of people who are naked under an altar who are then given white robes who pray that the lost go to hell. So yes, you did mention recliners. Yet, if this is all physically literal it’s either a gigantic alar with unclothed people who are reclining with Abraham. Whatever these people are waiting for isn’t our topic. Our topic is that it is all literal currently happening at this time.
Old 12-30-2021, 11:40 AM
Banned

Please quote where I mentioned recliners?
Old 12-30-2021, 11:44 AM
Banned

Also, this is happening now?

6 And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.

2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

3 And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.

4 And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

5 And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.

6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

7 And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.

8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?
Old 12-30-2021, 02:33 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Please quote where I mentioned recliners?
You were referring to Luke 16:23 which uses the term ἐν αὐτοῦ κόλποις which during the Roman first century meant to recline alongside, hence the translators interpreted it as "in his bosom.' So, reclining dead people looking and praying for people to burn in hell. That's what you believe.
Old 12-30-2021, 03:04 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Also, This is Happening Now?

6 And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.

2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.
Who is the horseman right now conquering the world with peace?

Quote:
3 And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.

4 And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

5 And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.

6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

7 And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.

8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
This is happening right NOW? This is describing issues where food is actually unattainable, where an incredible famine takes place. I'm still having breakfast lunch and dinner. I'm frying up a mess of chicken right now.

Quote:
9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

The Bosom of Abraham is under the altar? You are losing me G1. Remember everything is literal, so we must use your interpretation. Who are these current martyrs? They are Apostolic Pentecostals? Who killed them for their testimony? Was it you? Why are they under an altar? Is it an Apostolic Altar? in a modern church? I thought Revelation is using temple items? Funny, Sean use to do the same thing. We would ask him questions he would post scripture with little or no explanations.

Quote:
11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.
So, the book of Revelation was absolutely meaningless for the last 2,000 years? This says they should rest "as sleep" for as in the Greek wording "tiny time!"

Quote:
12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
This is happening RIGHT NOW!!!!??? LITERALLY RIGHT NOW??? What earthquake? Where? The largest recorded earthquake in MODERN HISTORY was a 9.5 on May 22, 1960 in Chile on a fault that is almost 1,000 miles long. 1960 61 years ago. Also a "great earthquake" to be modern like NOW!!! Would be an extinction level event. Why you ask? Because it would cause a chain reaction causing the entire earth's tectonic plates to let loose. The planet would crumble.

Quote:
13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
This is happening RIGHT NOW!!!!???

Sean, do you know how large one star is? Some are 1500 times larger than our Sun. How big is the SUN??? its radius is 432,690 miles! But you say it's literal, so it's on you to tell us how these things work out literally.

15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

Quote:
16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?
Now this is puzzling, the planet has just gone through at least two extinction level events, a magnitude earthquake exceeding 10. on the Richter scale, and the decimation of the entire universe. There wouldn't be anyone around pray to mountains and rocks for help.

Sean please explain how this is all literal?
Old 12-30-2021, 03:35 PM
New User

Quote:
Gill debunked Jesus? Who is he? Is this another 2000 year old my manuscript by someone who witnessed Jesus speaking about the event?
There’s no pill for… never mind.