Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!


Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
blog, feedback, healer, photo, smile, thank you

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 01-23-2008, 11:44 AM
Felicity's Avatar
Felicity Felicity is offline
Step By Step - Day By Day


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 6,648
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkentsmith View Post
I am beginning to feel the cozy warmth a fresh bonding with you folks....ha
Well now Bro. RKS ....... let's not go overboard.

Haha!
__________________
Smiles & Blessings....
~Felicity Welsh~

(surname courtesy of Jim Yohe)
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 01-23-2008, 11:53 AM
rkentsmith's Avatar
rkentsmith rkentsmith is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Conroe, Tx
Posts: 369
Bro Nick....

I have come to the place in life where validation means little..

However....

Certain criticisms provide assurance that one is on the right path......

God Bless
__________________
RKS Upclose www.rkentsmith.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 01-23-2008, 11:54 AM
revrandy's Avatar
revrandy revrandy is offline
His Eminance, High Potatohead Potatotate


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Stockton, California
Posts: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkentsmith View Post
Bro Nick....

I have come to the place in life where validation means little..

However....

Certain criticisms provide assuarance that one in on the right path......

God Bless
I still think that adding a puppy or a kitten would make you look warmer and kinder....

Maybe a poodle....named Bishop....
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 01-23-2008, 11:57 AM
rkentsmith's Avatar
rkentsmith rkentsmith is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Conroe, Tx
Posts: 369
When Bishop makes his advent into my life he will be a major player....ha
__________________
RKS Upclose www.rkentsmith.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 01-23-2008, 11:57 AM
Neck's Avatar
Neck Neck is offline
"It's Never Too Late"


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkentsmith View Post
Bro Nick....

I have come to the place in life where validation means little..

However....

Certain criticisms provide assuarance that one in on the right path......

God Bless
Then you will never be a Henry Aaron.

You will might be a Barry Bonds.

But never a Henry Aaron.

The difference not the cheating.

It's doing it your own way...

You may get the same results.

Just not the same reward....

A reputation of being a full rounded minister is what makes the minister.

You can be called and achieve your just your own purpose.

Or you can change and be moved by the spirit to fullfill his greater purpose...

Over and out...

Neck
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 01-23-2008, 01:36 PM
rkentsmith's Avatar
rkentsmith rkentsmith is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Conroe, Tx
Posts: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neckstadt View Post
Then you will never be a Henry Aaron.

You will might be a Barry Bonds.

But never a Henry Aaron.

The difference not the cheating.

It's doing it your own way...

You may get the same results.

Just not the same reward....

A reputation of being a full rounded minister is what makes the minister.

You can be called and achieve your just your own purpose.

Or you can change and be moved by the spirit to fullfill his greater purpose...

Over and out...

Neck
Neck...

I know better than to dialogue with this at all....

Exlpain to me how my changing that pic at your advice is gonna make me a home run hitter
__________________
RKS Upclose www.rkentsmith.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 01-23-2008, 01:48 PM
Neck's Avatar
Neck Neck is offline
"It's Never Too Late"


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkentsmith View Post
Neck...

I know better than to dialogue with this at all....

Exlpain to me how my changing that pic at your advice is gonna make me a home run hitter
I have been involved in a top sales profession now for over 10 years. I have met some of the top CEO's of companies personally.

Like John Chambers of Cisco networks.

He will meet you and then tell you leave his office in less than 3 minutes.

His first impression plays a valuable impression on his judge of your character.

Then he gives you 3 minutes to share why you think you can help his organization.

My only advice to you.

If I knew nothing about you.

Your picture on your home page shows you to be a controversial figure.

Going to a website today.

Is like making a phone call 20 years ago.

Now we all judge the interaction by the website home page.

Most will not get to your content when they see your picture.

Here is a picture of my Dad's evangelistic promotion photo from 1976.

I also include his earlier photo from his ministry when he was 24.

The look on his face and lack of smile does not do him justice in the earlier photo.

He was a well know UPCI evangelist and teacher.

In 1976 he wanted to show his personal side with the photo...

Just a suggestion.

As you asked our opinions.

It's not the idea of becoming a home run hitter.

It the idea of being willing to change..

Neck



Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 01-23-2008, 02:05 PM
Whole Hearted Whole Hearted is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: East Texas
Posts: 2,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neckstadt View Post
I have been involved in a top sales profession now for over 10 years. I have met some of the top CEO's of companies personally.

Like John Chambers of Cisco networks.

He will meet you and then tell you leave his office in less than 3 minutes.

His first impression plays a valuable impression on his judge of your character.

Then he gives you 3 minutes to share why you think you can help his organization.

My only advice to you.

If I knew nothing about you.

Your picture on your home page shows you to be a controversial figure.

Going to a website today.

Is like making a phone call 20 years ago.

Now we all judge the interaction by the website home page.

Most will not get to your content when they see your picture.

Here is a picture of my Dad's evangelistic promotion photo from 1976.

I also include his earlier photo from his ministry when he was 24.

The look on his face and lack of smile does not do him justice in the earlier photo.

He was a well know UPCI evangelist and teacher.

In 1976 he wanted to show his personal side with the photo...

Just a suggestion.

As you asked our opinions.

It's not the idea of becoming a home run hitter.

It the idea of being willing to change..

Neck



I like the first picture better.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 01-23-2008, 02:07 PM
Neck's Avatar
Neck Neck is offline
"It's Never Too Late"


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whole Hearted View Post
I like the first picture better.
He was 24 and ready to take on the world. In the second picture he was 42 and got sick the next year...

It was great to see him smile...
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 01-23-2008, 02:21 PM
The Mrs's Avatar
The Mrs The Mrs is offline
Jellybean!


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 6,995
Ya know Bro. Smith...Neck does kinda have a point.

Will anyone read anything you wrote if they can't get past your pic?

First impressions really DO say a lot.

But then again, maybe you're not wanting to appeal to the general public, and only those who know you will be reading?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by ILG
- by Salome

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.