Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
amusements parks, braceletes, conservative, earrings, facial hair, hell, necklaces, pro-tv, short hair, standards, ultra conservative, ultra liberal, watch, wedding rings

Old 01-22-2008, 01:15 AM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingGrace View Post
Well unlike those who consider CC1 and PM to be totally out of it.. I just consider them ULib.. Hmmm cant think of any others right now really
While a bit liberal on OP church standards, the world looks at these brothers as Ultra Cons - hard core right wing religious nuts - thats what they are.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 01-22-2008, 01:16 AM
Pot Stirrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Hoover View Post
uh... do you think hitler is more deserving of hell than Saul/Paul or Steve Hoover??

Now what did I tell you TP ???

there are crazy folk on this forum that think the buddhist, muslim are all the same as a christian
Old 01-22-2008, 01:16 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
While a bit liberal on OP church standards, the world looks at these brothers as Ultra Cons - hard core right wing religious nuts - thats what they are.
True... Its all on who and how you look at things.. totally
Old 01-22-2008, 01:21 AM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StMark View Post
Now what did I tell you TP ???

there are crazy folk on this forum that think the buddhist, muslim are all the same as a christian
LOL! I am glad you are'nt God - thats for sure!

Saul/Paul slaughtered the early church, yet I say I am no more (in fact I am less) worthy of eternal life than Saul.

It is only through the cross of Christ my friend - all other rightousness not only falls short - it stinks!

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 01-22-2008, 01:23 AM
Pot Stirrer

Quote:
LOL! I am glad you are'nt God - thats for sure!

Saul/Paul slaughtered the early church, yet I say I am no more (in fact I am less) worthy of eternal life than Saul.

It is only through the cross of Christ my friend - all other rightousness not only falls short - it stinks!

Steve, you are waxing worse all the time. i pray for your soul brother

Lord help him
Old 01-22-2008, 01:39 AM
Registered Member

Cool

On the basis of today's pierced, tattooed 'anything is accepted' world any one walking the Christian walk would probably be an ultra con in their eyes.
The outrageous is normal (almost).
At my workplace nearly all of the employees under 40 have tattoos, and all under 30 have at least one tattoo.
(Remember the good old days when only former Navy guys had tattoos??)

We as a group can label how we wish but the world thinks all of us are conservative.

Common sense is genius dressed in working clothes.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Common sense and a sense of humor are the same thing, moving at different speeds. A sense of humor is just common sense, dancing.
William James
Old 01-22-2008, 01:42 AM
Pot Stirrer

TP is new to the forum. I have to warn him about some of these posters around here.
TP, commonsense is another one of those posters who don't believe fat meat is greasy
Old 01-22-2008, 02:15 AM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrmptPraise View Post
I think we are missing the point here. We can all have our opinion on who we think are ultra this or that. Posting names about who is what will just incite defenses of peoples stances. But my point here is that ultra liberal is never used.

The questions is why?
Why do hot dogs come in packages of 10 and buns in packages of 8?

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:36 AM
Registered Member

Ultra-Con: Three-stepping, holiness-standard-keeping, NO TV, A glass of wine would send you to hell - Feels powerful by controlling - Needs tight box to stay saved.

Cons: Three-steppers and holiness-standard-keeping, closet-TV-watchers

Moderates: Three-stepping, a little jewelry OK, might be able to trim hair, not sure... wholesome TV probably OK...

Liberals : Stays out of others backyards. Probably have strong personal (standard) convictions in some areas, but realizes each Christian has his/her own convictions. Loves his fellow brethren, despite their differences. Believes in the 3-step work, but probably believes you become ONE OF HIS at the point you give him your life. Lets God be the judge, and allows the Holy Ghost to lead and deliver.

Hmmm.... can you guess which one I am???
Old 01-22-2008, 05:59 AM
Non-Resident Redneck

Quote:
uh... do you think hitler is more deserving of hell than Saul/Paul or Steve Hoover??
You raise an interesting point...after all, you did go on tv.