Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Foyer > The Welcome Mat
Facebook

Notices

The Welcome Mat Welcoming New Members! Are you new to AFF? Here's a forum where you can report in and introduce yourself!

Old 02-21-2012, 09:27 PM
Registered Member

New member intro

Hi, I just joined after lurking on and off for about 3 years. I'm a married mother of 4....ages 14 (boy), 12 (girl), 10 (girl), and 15 months (boy). I have only officially been Apostolic for 3 years, but I was always unable to fit into any other church no matter how hard I tried...I was always too different, I wanted to stick to the Bible too much. A relative of mine introduced me to the truth and I felt like I had finally found home!

Due to transportation issues and being way out in the country we have been unable to attend church for several months and we miss it terribly.

From reading over some threads I gather that I am probably a little more strict than many of you, but I hope to find a place for fellowship here anyway. Just to let you know what you're dealing with I'm going to put it all on the table. I understand that there are some issues that we all have to decide between ourselves and the Lord but anyway here goes....

I believe in Acts 2:38 salvation. I believe in modesty...calf to ankle-length dresses/skirts, 3/4 length sleeves, no shorts for men. I believe in keeping men clean-shaven. I believe in women letting their hair grow as long as God allows it to be. I believe in homeschooling because we should train our children in the way they should go...not leave them in the hands of a worldly stranger for most of their waking hours. I do not believe in jewelry, make-up, excessive hair styling just for vanity's sake, and in fact I've gotten to the point where gold buttons on a blouse just feel wrong. I do not believe tv is a healthy thing for us spiritually...there may be some exceptions but for the most part it's just evil. I do not believe in celebrating any holiday except thanksgiving. The rest all have pagan devilish roots. I only read the KJV because it's the only one without a copyright saying that a human owns it. I do not even believe in keeping crosses or angels or drawings of a so-called Jesus in my home...they're too easily turned into idols.
I do not want just a relationship with God....the word relationship isn't even in the Bible. I want a WALK with God like Enoch had.
I DO believe that Jesus is Lord...it's all in HIM. I do love to have fun in a way that God could smile at.

Now, do you see why I can't fit into just any old place lol?

Have a good night!
Old 02-21-2012, 09:30 PM
Administrator

Re: New member intro

Quote:
Originally Posted by denise_109 View Post
Hi, I just joined after lurking on and off for about 3 years. I'm a married mother of 4....ages 14 (boy), 12 (girl), 10 (girl), and 15 months (boy). I have only officially been Apostolic for 3 years, but I was always unable to fit into any other church no matter how hard I tried...I was always too different, I wanted to stick to the Bible too much. A relative of mine introduced me to the truth and I felt like I had finally found home!

Due to transportation issues and being way out in the country we have been unable to attend church for several months and we miss it terribly.

From reading over some threads I gather that I am probably a little more strict than many of you, but I hope to find a place for fellowship here anyway. Just to let you know what you're dealing with I'm going to put it all on the table. I understand that there are some issues that we all have to decide between ourselves and the Lord but anyway here goes....

I believe in Acts 2:38 salvation. I believe in modesty...calf to ankle-length dresses/skirts, 3/4 length sleeves, no shorts for men. I believe in keeping men clean-shaven. I believe in women letting their hair grow as long as God allows it to be. I believe in homeschooling because we should train our children in the way they should go...not leave them in the hands of a worldly stranger for most of their waking hours. I do not believe in jewelry, make-up, excessive hair styling just for vanity's sake, and in fact I've gotten to the point where gold buttons on a blouse just feel wrong. I do not believe tv is a healthy thing for us spiritually...there may be some exceptions but for the most part it's just evil. I do not believe in celebrating any holiday except thanksgiving. The rest all have pagan devilish roots. I only read the KJV because it's the only one without a copyright saying that a human owns it. I do not even believe in keeping crosses or angels or drawings of a so-called Jesus in my home...they're too easily turned into idols.
I do not want just a relationship with God....the word relationship isn't even in the Bible. I want a WALK with God like Enoch had.
I DO believe that Jesus is Lord...it's all in HIM. I do love to have fun in a way that God could smile at.

Now, do you see why I can't fit into just any old place lol?

Have a good night!
Welcome to the forum, Denise. You're right; there is a lot of variance in the conservatism (or lack thereof) among members. What I've learned most on these forums is to appreciate my brothers and sisters in Christ even when we don't agree on every little detail.

Have fun!

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 02-21-2012, 09:40 PM
Registered Member

Oops... I forgot to add that we also don't do team sports...a game in the backyard is fine but the emulation, competition like we see in real sports...not okay. The girls and I are very particular about our necklines. If it were possible to wear turtlenecks year round we would, but we settle for keeping everything at or above our collar bones because we don't want to have to be careful leaning over.

Some will say I'm legalistic but im not doing anything to save myself. I'm doing it because I love Jesus and I don't want to do anything that would make him ashamed of me, lead someone else to stumble, or possibly put myself or my children into a position to be tempted by the world.

Now...I think that's all lol.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:41 PM
Registered Member

Oops... I forgot to add that we also don't do team sports...a game in the backyard is fine but the emulation, competition like we see in real sports...not okay. The girls and I are very particular about our necklines. If it were possible to wear turtlenecks year round we would, but we settle for keeping everything at or above our collar bones because we don't want to have to be careful leaning over.

Some will say I'm legalistic but im not doing anything to save myself. I'm doing it because I love Jesus and I don't want to do anything that would make him ashamed of me, lead someone else to stumble, or possibly put myself or my children into a position to be tempted by the world.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:42 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for the welcome...so sorry for the double post.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:47 PM
John 14:22

Three years...and still loving the Lord Jesus. That is a testimony. Because the Lord Jesus states in the scripture "He/she that endureth to the end, the same shall be saved". I've already learned alot on here since joined ..uhhh two days ago ?... Welcome aboard !

"GOD SPECIALIZES in things that are IMPOSSIBLE !!! So if your problem is not impossible, might want to re-think before you ask of HIM !!! "
Old 02-21-2012, 09:47 PM
I Am That I Am.

*twitch twitch* be very afraid. *looks around wildly* Oh and welcome to AFF.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:48 PM
I Am That I Am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denise_109 View Post

I respect you very much.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:56 PM
John 14:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by the matt View Post
i respect you very much.
-= ditto =-

"GOD SPECIALIZES in things that are IMPOSSIBLE !!! So if your problem is not impossible, might want to re-think before you ask of HIM !!! "
Old 02-22-2012, 07:10 AM
Renewed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Vince View Post
-= ditto =-
double ditto, welcome to AFF.
You can't reach the world with your talents. People are sick and tired of religious talents. People need a Holy Ghost annointed church with real fruits to reach out and touch their lives. ~ Pastor Burrell Crabtree

In fact I think that the insinuation of "hateful" Pentecostals is coming mostly from the fertile imaginations of bitter, backslidden ex Apostolics who are constantly trying to find a way to justify their actions. ~ strait shooter

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com