Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.


Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
healer, stupidity, tulsa, unhappy

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 10-30-2007, 10:23 AM
Ferd's Avatar
Ferd Ferd is offline
I remain the Petulant Chevalier


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 17,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whole Hearted View Post
I for one am not mad, but hurt, disappointed, and grieved, but not mad.

I haven't talked to anyone who is mad. The one I have talk to are just like me, hurt disappointed and grieved. Big difference.
WH, you can be grieved and hurt all you want. but when you say the things you say, and put forth this argument about the UPCI going down like the titanic. making proclimations like this, what it shows is a degree of pettiness.

I am very sorry, but I have a hard time being overly sympathetic with you guys (many whom I call friend and highly respect) because, this is no different than what happened in 1992. I dont think you were grieved over those that left then.

Your grief is not for the UPCI. It is for what you lost. There is a big difference.
__________________
If I do something stupid blame the Lortab!
My Countdown Counting down to: Days left till the end of the opressive Texas Summer!
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 10-30-2007, 10:25 AM
StillStanding's Avatar
StillStanding StillStanding is offline
Beautiful are the feet......


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Right...behind...you!
Posts: 6,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whole Hearted View Post
OLf there weill always be a UPC, but what will it be?

It will just be a name , not the org standing for truth, just a watered down, powerless group of people or a tbn type of mess.
Ok! So now the UPCI will no longer stand for truth because they voted to allow TV advertising! Their message will now be watered down and powerless because of a vote on a resolution. They are turning into TBN because they voted "yes" on res #4!!!! Oh brother!!!
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 10-30-2007, 10:26 AM
Ferd's Avatar
Ferd Ferd is offline
I remain the Petulant Chevalier


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 17,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
This is exactly right.

And this is why I refuse to villify men who want to belong to something like the UPC was when they became a part of it, not the UPC as it appears to be going.
we agree in the refusal to villify.

we do NOT agree on what the UPCI was when many of these men joined.
__________________
If I do something stupid blame the Lortab!
My Countdown Counting down to: Days left till the end of the opressive Texas Summer!
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 10-30-2007, 10:29 AM
Amos Amos is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
we agree in the refusal to villify.

we do NOT agree on what the UPCI was when many of these men joined.

The strong anti-tv position has beenin place since the 1950's.

That predates the ministries of most, if not all these men.
__________________
"Then answered Amos, and said to Amaziah, I was no prophet, neither was I a prophet's son; but I was an herdman, and a gatherer of sycomore fruit:

And the LORD took me as I followed the flock, and the LORD said unto me, Go, prophesy unto my people Israel."


--Amos 7:14-15
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 10-30-2007, 10:30 AM
Joseph Miller's Avatar
Joseph Miller Joseph Miller is offline
Da Evangelist


 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Where ever I am preaching
Posts: 1,238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whole Hearted View Post
OLf there weill always be a UPC, but what will it be?

It will just be a name , not the org standing for truth, just a watered down, powerless group of people or a tbn type of mess.

I dealt with this same attitude from another UC last night. Since Res 4 passed the UPCI has go to the dogs to hear them tell it. The truth of the matter is that the vote didn't go the way they wanted so now they are mad and are beginning to become bitter. I think it very sad.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 10-30-2007, 10:30 AM
Pastor Keith's Avatar
Pastor Keith Pastor Keith is offline
Follower of Jesus


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: California
Posts: 3,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
At the tower of Babel when the language was confounded the folks there found those who spoke the same language which became their identity. Thus in these last days it is the same men of differing stripes are looking for those who speak the same language over the complete spectrum of Pentecost. Have you noticed NO cons have been preaching at Christ Church? Likes attract. Is this evil??? I think not. I believe the Lord is in this myself. If the passing of Res. 4 was the sole reason it would be foolish but everyone on each side knows this is NOT the reason but the last straw.
I have been trying to think of NT example of this, the only comparable one that would be close, is when Peter tried to seperate from the Gentiles to eat with his buddies and kin and was rebuked for causing division by Paul.
__________________
Please pray for India

My personal mission is to BRING people into a right relationship with God, GROW them up to maturity and SEND them back into the world to minister.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 10-30-2007, 10:33 AM
Whole Hearted Whole Hearted is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: East Texas
Posts: 2,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianoman View Post
Does one leave a marriage because they are disappointed, grieved or hurt? Or is it because these feelings lead to anger which makes them be assertive and leave the situation?

If you were not angry, you would not leave or encourage your buddies to leave. If you were not angry, you would pray that God's will be done. You would find some way reconcile.

I don't see that coming from you at all! I see you gloating about a "Titanic" going down!
Again you are wrong. Would you stay in a marriage where your wife was unfaithful?

Top say I at gloating is a pine blank lie. You don't know me, only what you read here. You have not seen the tears I have shed. You have not known how I have grieved over this. I have not encouraged one person to leave.

It wasn't God who took the UPC in the direction of TV it was carnal men.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 10-30-2007, 10:34 AM
Pastor Keith's Avatar
Pastor Keith Pastor Keith is offline
Follower of Jesus


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: California
Posts: 3,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whole Hearted View Post
Many See the UPC just as people saw the titanic. They said it could not go down. When it was reported that they would sink people went right on doing what they were doing, saying it can't sink. the first life boats left half full. People keep on dancing to the music and ignoring the warning.

Only when it was too late did they believe.

The same thingis happening in the UPC. She is on her way down. People are daincing to the music form WEC and ignore the warning cries.
You have to be kidding right? WEC does not have that much control over what happens in the local church, your post is an example of the rampant fear and misplaced idea of what the UPC is and isn't. It's almost as if you want to division and see the others get their just due.
__________________
Please pray for India

My personal mission is to BRING people into a right relationship with God, GROW them up to maturity and SEND them back into the world to minister.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 10-30-2007, 10:39 AM
Pastor Keith's Avatar
Pastor Keith Pastor Keith is offline
Follower of Jesus


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: California
Posts: 3,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
Assessing the impact of all the ones leaving vs. the ones coming in isn't as simple as just counting noses in each line.

Losing a Johnny Godair with his influence and credibility cannot be replaced by just getting another preacher licensed.

Initially, the finances these men take with them will be felt in a major way.

But the long term impact of the absence of their voice and influence in the movement, and in the shaping of the next generation of young UPC preachers will have a huge impact, and one not easy to calculate right now.

When you lose the caliber of men that the UPC is going to lose, it is not a small thing.

Amos

You know I have utmost respect for you, but how does a man like Godair influence preachers when in some parts of the country he and others like him wouldn't even come because of so called liberal churches or what has been spread about the conference sponsor or host.

For example:
Kenneth Haney has been more than accomdating to have men that he would necessarily agree with over the years, but have the reprocicated, no.
__________________
Please pray for India

My personal mission is to BRING people into a right relationship with God, GROW them up to maturity and SEND them back into the world to minister.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 10-30-2007, 10:44 AM
Ferd's Avatar
Ferd Ferd is offline
I remain the Petulant Chevalier


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 17,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whole Hearted View Post
Again you are wrong. Would you stay in a marriage where your wife was unfaithful?

Top say I at gloating is a pine blank lie. You don't know me, only what you read here. You have not seen the tears I have shed. You have not known how I have grieved over this. I have not encouraged one person to leave.

It wasn't God who took the UPC in the direction of TV it was carnal men.
again, you are grieved. I acknowlege that.

but it is for what you have lost and not over the UPCI.
__________________
If I do something stupid blame the Lortab!
My Countdown Counting down to: Days left till the end of the opressive Texas Summer!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Are You UPCI? Praxeas Fellowship Hall 22 10-14-2007 12:04 AM
This Is Upci ? Bishop1 Fellowship Hall 74 08-07-2007 10:39 AM
AFF is like UPCI Rhoni Fellowship Hall 74 06-25-2007 10:54 PM
Just Who is a UPCI Member?? stmatthew Fellowship Hall 99 03-13-2007 09:31 AM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by ILG
- by Salome

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.