Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-18-2018, 07:00 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: Baptism Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
In our church it has been said over, and over again. If we baptize you in Jesus name. Before you get baptized, you absolutely know how, and why you are being baptized in Jesus name. I don't baptize anyone who doesn't know what is going on. I don't baptize the UNBELIEVER. Meaning, dunk first, learn later. I have watched individuals get a speed reading lesson in the baptistry of Acts 2:38. Sorry, but that doesn't fly. That's just me, anyone else can do as they are lead by the Lord Jesus Christ in their own congregation, church family. There are people who hadn't a clue why they were being baptized in Jesus name, what it was all about. They just knew that they needed to be baptized, and they came up speaking in tongues. Yet, there are also people who got baptized for mommy and daddy, or PeePaw wanted them to get baptized. Or the spouse or pastor wanted Joe Sinner to get in the tank. They were lost then, and they are still lost now. Baptized in Jesus name, but as lost as a potato.
Now, what about the person who doesn't have any belief concerning the relationship between baptism and remission of sins, either way. And they get baptised because they see that is the proper Biblical response of faith to the Gospel. Yet they havent had it explained to them that "baptism is for the remission of sins". They arent thinking anything else, like that "you get baptised because you've already been forgiven", ALL they know is "people who want to be saved by Jesus get baptised in His Name." Should they be encouraged to be rebaptised?

On a side note, seems all this difficulty goes away with proper evangelism and witnessing...

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 11-18-2018, 07:25 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Now, what about the person who doesn't have any belief concerning the relationship between baptism and remission of sins, either way. And they get baptised because they see that is the proper Biblical response of faith to the Gospel. Yet they havent had it explained to them that "baptism is for the remission of sins". They arent thinking anything else, like that "you get baptised because you've already been forgiven", ALL they know is "people who want to be saved by Jesus get baptised in His Name." Should they be encouraged to be rebaptised?

On a side note, seems all this difficulty goes away with proper evangelism and witnessing...

Yep, people won't be confused if people just preach the truth. Also teaching them repentance is key in all of it. There's nothing worse then bringing people a half salvation message that leaves people confused, and makes them believe they have received something they didnt.

Elder Westberg said something in one message that really stuck out to me he said "someone stuck in false doctrine is worse off then the heroin addict because the heroin addict knows he's lost. The one who's been taught false doctrine has to be convinced they are lost, and that will only come by deliverance from the Holy Ghost." Or something to that effect.

Check out my new Podcast, and YouTube Channel:
https://histruthismarchingon.blubrry.net
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE!
Old 11-18-2018, 08:02 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofthechosen View Post
Hey this is just a conversation piece but I believe that baptism is a covenant cut with God in Jesus Name. But I believe when you get baptized in His Name and then receive the Holy Ghost and you go back on the necessity of needing to be baptized, and then coming against baptism in Jesus Name saying it's unnecessary, I believe that makes that covenant null and of no effect. It's the same as if you weren't ever baptized also. I have no scripture for it but it's something that I believe and I believe it's God that quickened the understanding unto me.
You make stuff up as you go?

7 years after I was baptized I went PCI. So, according to you I need to get baptized again. I’m not being argumentative.

On another note, my friend thinks I should get rebaptized. Not for the reason that you believe. He stated that I was baptized at a young age (15) and didn’t know what I was committing to.
Old 11-18-2018, 08:27 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
You make stuff up as you go?

7 years after I was baptized I went PCI. So, according to you I need to get baptized again. I’m not being argumentative.

On another note, my friend thinks I should get rebaptized. Not for the reason that you believe. He stated that I was baptized at a young age (15) and didn’t know what I was committing to.
So what your saying is you believed you were saved at repentance? Ok, well did you tell people and even advise people that Jesus Name Baptism was not necessary?
If so, me I'd get baptized again. Because apparently that wasn't truthfully in your heart or you wouldn't have ever turned on your belief.

Now Im not the judge of any of this, because most Ultimately you are living it. But I guess the best I could say is what is the Spirit leading you to? Is their a unrest in your Spirit? I mean when I needed to be baptized again, there was a area there that was close to torment, just something letting me know if I died I would die lost.

I'm not saying follow your own intuition but this is a place where there is no scripture to say one way or the other. This is a place where experience and illumination of the Spirit are truthfully the only real witness.

And 15 is not that young I seen kids 8 and under get the Holy Ghost and speak in tongues and be baptized. My Pastor said Elder Nathan Dudley's grand child was 4 and received the Holy Ghost spoke in tongues for a hour and they baptized them in Jesus Name in a Igloo cooler. This was about 6 months ago. So I mean who's to say when is too young.

This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
SUBSCRIBE!

Last edited by 1ofthechosen; 11-18-2018 at 08:31 PM.
Old 11-18-2018, 08:49 PM

Quote:
So what your saying is you believed you were saved at repentance? Ok, well did you tell people and even advise people that Jesus Name Baptism was not necessary?
I don’t recall.
Quote:
If so, me I'd get baptized again. Because apparently that wasn't truthfully in your heart or you wouldn't have ever turned on your belief.
In my heart? Beliefs are in the mind. Beliefs change for the good or the bad through exposure to information.

Quote:
And 15 is not that young I seen kids 8 and under get the Holy Ghost and speak in tongues and be baptized. My Pastor said Elder Nathan Dudley's grand child was 4 and received the Holy Ghost spoke in tongues for a hour and they baptized them in Jesus Name in a Igloo cooler. This was about 6 months ago. So I mean who's to say when is too young.
His point, that I didn’t experience life. It’s a mindset down here, mostly in the AA. They usually don’t baptize young per accounts given.
Old 11-18-2018, 08:53 PM

https://tkburk.com/understanding-before-conversion/
Old 11-18-2018, 09:11 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post

I can just say what I make sure is done within our church family and all neophytes. They must be believers before they enter the water. They must be repentant, (not that I follow them around, or have them prove to me some sort of piety) Yet, it is quite apparent to one and all a person's sincerity to commit to the way. People re-baptized by me make the statement that they really didn't know what they were doing the first time. I don't tell anyone to get re-baptized. They themselves have to want to get re-baptized, and not by any motivation by myself or the church family. I personally know an individual who was baptized in titles who attends a UPC church for years, and never felt the urge to get re-baptized. That's totally on them. I can't blame the ministers, I can't blame their church family or the organization. It is all on the head of the individual. They hear, they know, and if they don't get it together with Jesus' leading, then it's all on them. I am accountable for my own actions, I accountable to either say yes Lord yes, or bow up and refuse the Holy Ghost's demands. Inevitably, it is up to me to turn from this untoward generation. My children have been taught the difference between the holy and the profane, it is totally up to them to walk on the narrow way, and enter through the strait gate. Or to run on the broadway to the wide opening. What is set before us all is the decision to make the right choice.
Old 11-18-2018, 09:21 PM

https://theosophical.wordpress.com/2...er-acceptable/
Old 11-18-2018, 10:25 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post

In my heart? Beliefs are in the mind. Beliefs change for the good or the bad through exposure to information.
So you believe that it has to come for your soul, not from your spirit?

SUBSCRIBE!
Old 11-18-2018, 10:41 PM

Quote:
So you believe that it has to come for your soul, not from your spirit?
What?