Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-16-2011, 03:20 PM
Registered Member

Question Honest Opinions

I just watched this video and was hoping for honest opinions of how this stands up to the Word of God and how you feel about the message?

You can forward pass the worship service, if you so desire.

I do not write this to be confrontational, just wonder about others' thoughts...

IMO...I found a few quotes to be interesting and difficult:

"Facebook is a cesspool for backslidden Pentecostals"

"I am so sick of people coming through the same prayer line, over and over and over..."

"Love everybody…I get so sick of that nonsense, I am so drunk on love…."

http://facknoxville.com/2011/05/15/the-smitten-rock/
Old 05-16-2011, 03:29 PM
Registered Member

Re: Honest Opinions

My connection is a bit slow here -and I'm at work, but I'll watch it tonight and give my 3 cents.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:51 PM
Registered Member

Thought I recognized the church. Pastor McCool.

"Facebook is a cesspool for back-slid-en Pentecostals"

Think you left out why he said that. When people turn to Facebook to compel their problems, when they should get on their knees before their maker. When they whine, cry and gossip on Facebook, when they should be talking to God. Don't just take one line from a message and talk about it, explain the whole thing. All he is saying, is that all he is seeing on Facebook is a bunch of back-slid-en Pentecostals, rather then an over coming people.

Last edited by NorCal; 05-16-2011 at 04:10 PM.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:34 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug View Post
I just watched this video and was hoping for honest opinions of how this stands up to the Word of God and how you feel about the message?

You can forward pass the worship service, if you so desire.

I do not write this to be confrontational, just wonder about others' thoughts...

IMO...I found a few quotes to be interesting and difficult:

"Facebook is a cesspool for backslidden Pentecostals"

"I am so sick of people coming through the same prayer line, over and over and over..."

"Love everybody…I get so sick of that nonsense, I am so drunk on love…."

http://facknoxville.com/2011/05/15/the-smitten-rock/
He is right on for some people I am sure.... and for others he is wrong I am sure.

It is astigmatism of Pentecostal Preachers to simplify things and this is a case in point. If someone is trashing the preachers on facebook it goes without saying - it's not productive... so what is the point? Facebook or any other venue should not be used for evil or gossip. We don't need to trash facebook or the evening supper table... Just resist the evil speaking wherever it be found.

God's LOVE and Holiness is at odds???

Whatever. I think I just don't like to be yelled at... LOL!

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves

Last edited by Hoovie; 05-16-2011 at 05:37 PM.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:38 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Hey ladybug, welcome aboard!! I see you are new.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 05-16-2011, 05:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovie View Post
He is right on for some people I am sure.... and for others he is wrong I am sure.

It is astigmatism of Pentecostal Preachers to simplify things and this is a case in point. If someone is trashing the preachers on facebook it goes without saying - it's not productive... so what is the point? Facebook or any other venue should not be used for evil or gossip. We don't need to trash facebook or the evening supper table... Just resist the evil speaking wherever it be found.

God's LOVE and Holiness is at odds???

Whatever. I think I just don't like to be yelled at... LOL!
A double, AMEN!
Old 05-16-2011, 05:48 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal View Post
Thought I recognized the church. Pastor McCool.

"Facebook is a cesspool for back-slid-en Pentecostals"

Think you left out why he said that. When people turn to Facebook to compel their problems, when they should get on their knees before their maker. When they whine, cry and gossip on Facebook, when they should be talking to God. Don't just take one line from a message and talk about it, explain the whole thing. All he is saying, is that all he is seeing on Facebook is a bunch of back-slid-en Pentecostals, rather then an over coming people.
The point of me not quoting the whole message is the reason I added the link for the entire service. These were the areas of interest in quotations to get feedback not to mislead anyone or cast judgement. If I would have put the minister's name and just put that quote then I would have been misleading. I just wanted your opinions on this message in those areas.

Yes, I am new on this forum and thank you for your welcome.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:58 PM
Registered Member

Started watching.

<sigh>
All the preachers sitting on their thrones behind the main speaker still drives me bonkers.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:04 PM
Registered Member

This guy reminds me a little of a much better looking James Carville.

I have to put the audio on in the background. The preachers on their thrones nodding their approval at all the catch phrases is driving me bonkers (which I know I said already but it is still true).
Old 05-16-2011, 08:16 PM
Registered Member

OK, I had to stop watching before I even got to any of the listed quotes. I could not take the "preachin!" for one more minute.