Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-24-2018, 02:46 PM
Not riding the train

Re: Most complex explanation of the Godhead ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofthechosen View Post
I have one more I will upload tommorow. And then I know Brother Ken Bow spoke. And I posted one on Eschatology also by Brother Rick Treece here it is.

On my YouTube page the link is at the bottom, I have the 1986 Oneness Symposium on there. I have to say I liked it much better. You should check it out, they also came out with a printed version of it you can buy on Kindle.
Thanks! I heard a missionary say that if you knew your Spanish, you could keep Bro. Treece honest.
Old 05-24-2018, 02:47 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
I am a Oneness believer. Yet in the many discussions (contending for the faith) I have seen or been part of very few Oneness are able to hold their own. I'm not saying they dont believe in Oneness but they usually dont last very long in the discussions.

Oneness teachers are certainly hard to find.
Ok I agree
I personally believe that an understanding of the oneness comes by revelation from God such as what happened to Peter. I also believe it is a simple Bible doctrine that there is not more than one "Persons" in the Godhead "although persons is not a biblical term".
Old 05-24-2018, 04:07 PM
Registered Member

I listened to all of both video's.

Here is a video I made on the Logos about 5 years ago. I think it gets more straightly to the heart of the matter. Dont worry about my wall being pink. My wife had cancer in those days and she wanted that. Jesus has marvelously healed her since then!

Old 05-24-2018, 05:05 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
Do you tell everyone that?
How many times have I told that to you?
Old 05-24-2018, 07:17 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:

Here is a video I made on the Logos about 5 years ago. I think it gets more straightly to the heart of the matter. Dont worry about my wall being pink. My wife had cancer in those days and she wanted that. Jesus has marvelously healed her since then!
Awesome testimony!!! Thank you, Jesus who came as our Saviour and healer!!

I will listen to your video later tonight.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:34 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Thanks! I heard a missionary say that if you knew your Spanish, you could keep Bro. Treece honest.
Lol I just got that, that's hilarious!!

Check out my new Podcast, and YouTube Channel:
https://histruthismarchingon.blubrry.net
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE!
Old 05-24-2018, 09:30 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

I'll listen to it in the morning bro.

This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
SUBSCRIBE!
Old 05-25-2018, 02:02 AM
Administrator

I learned long ago that if you have to use extra-Biblical language to comprehend and teach your theology, your theology is extra-Biblical.

There isn't anything overly complex about Biblical theology. It's man-made theology that's the problem. And in fact, it's not usually theology that trips people up, it's theology in light of Christology that messes with people's minds.

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/
Old 05-25-2018, 04:52 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
I learned long ago that if you have to use extra-Biblical language to comprehend and teach your theology, your theology is extra-Biblical.

There isn't anything overly complex about Biblical theology. It's man-made theology that's the problem. And in fact, it's not usually theology that trips people up, it's theology in light of Christology that messes with people's minds.
Old 05-25-2018, 08:05 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

Mike I don't believe in a eternal son. Because the logos is "a plan, thought, or reasoning." And the part of that the angels wouldn't know who created them without Him manifesting theirself to them, I really believe your reaching on that one.

Let me ask you what is Paul trying to say in 1 Corinthians 15:40 "There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another." God as well as the Angels are celestial beings. How many times were angels manifested as terrestrial beings? The answer is numerous. As well as the Lord for that's what the text of Genesis 18:1 says"And the Lord appeared unto him in the plains of Mamre: and he sat in the tent door in the heat of the day." That's why many can show no distinction between the angel.of the Lord and Christ.

I believe God to be body soul and Spirit in that way we are created in His likeness. I say that because He started revealing this to me, before I heard the oneness of God. And this is what proved it to me. I believe in Isaiah 42:1 it shows all body soul and Spirit, amongst other places. "Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles." But I believe God had a body before hand, but the same way the Angels do, not the flesh of mankind. He didn't have that until the incarnation and the birth, of Jesus in Betheleham. That's why Galatians 4:4 says it the way it does. At that point the Son, began before that there was no son. He then at that point was only the Thought, the reason, the resolution, the plan. Which everything we see as in Colossians 1 says that everything was created with that in mind.

I'm at work I'll get back with you on this one later. I don't believe in modes. I believe God is always all 3 body soul and Spirit He may manifest His body, but He doesn't have to become it, He always, and already is. The only reason for the incarnation was to enter into this economy as Galatians 4:4 says "But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law."

SUBSCRIBE!

Last edited by 1ofthechosen; 05-25-2018 at 08:11 AM.