Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
bott, conference, poa, preaching, videos

Old 05-26-2015, 01:31 PM
Registered Member

The Pentecostals of Alexandria have began to upload BOTT messages on a YouTube channel they've created. Subscribe to BOTT for regular uploads.

Thus far, they've uploaded BOTT 1987 thru 1989 and have began to upload messages from 1990.

I've been blessed watching these old messages from the Manguns (Anthony, GA and Vesta), T.W. Barnes, Billy Cole, Murrell Ewing, James Kilgore and others. I'm so happy they've decided to put these on YouTube!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO0...v_YvhnCEka79bQ

Last edited by n david; 05-26-2015 at 01:43 PM.
Old 05-26-2015, 02:39 PM
Not riding the train

Re: POA Releasing BOTT Messages on YouTube

James Kilgore's message on Humility is awesome. Used to have the cassette. LOL! It is worth listening to. Love him!!

Old 05-26-2015, 02:46 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
James Kilgore's message on Humility is awesome. Used to have the cassette. LOL! It is worth listening to. Love him!!
Just started watching this one! I miss Bro. Kilgore. He came and spoke at my graduation. Great man of God.

Last edited by n david; 05-26-2015 at 03:04 PM.
Old 05-26-2015, 03:06 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Just started watching this one! I miss Bro. Kilgore. He came and spoke at my graduation. Great man of God.
I'm listening to it again myself. I've heard it so many times, I already know what he is going to say next. LOL!

His example allows you to know that you CAN live for God.
Old 05-26-2015, 03:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
The Pentecostals of Alexandria have began to upload BOTT messages on a YouTube channel they've created. Subscribe to BOTT for regular uploads.

Thus far, they've uploaded BOTT 1987 thru 1989 and have began to upload messages from 1990.

I've been blessed watching these old messages from the Manguns (Anthony, GA and Vesta), T.W. Barnes, Billy Cole, Murrell Ewing, James Kilgore and others. I'm so happy they've decided to put these on YouTube!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO0...v_YvhnCEka79bQ
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear
Old 05-26-2015, 04:25 PM
Administrator

When they upload 1990 it is worth watching the day session with A.D. Spears. He is talking to preachers about recognizing nervous breakdowns, pressure, etc. I was there 25 years ago and heard it in person. I assume it has held up over time because it was good content then.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 05-26-2015, 07:58 PM
Go Dodgers!

Any by Vesta Mangun on prayer?

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:00 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
When they upload 1990 it is worth watching the day session with A.D. Spears. He is talking to preachers about recognizing nervous breakdowns, pressure, etc. I was there 25 years ago and heard it in person. I assume it has held up over time because it was good content then.
I believe this is the message, but it's listed as 1988.

"Renewing Your Strength" A. D. Spears BOTT 1988:

https://youtu.be/MeZbKps3BPc

Incredible message, btw.
Old 05-27-2015, 04:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I believe this is the message, but it's listed as 1988.

"Renewing Your Strength" A. D. Spears BOTT 1988:

https://youtu.be/MeZbKps3BPc

Incredible message, btw.
n david,

You are absolutely right! This is that message. Although 17 years old I highly recommend it for everybody to watch. Pastors particularly but really anybody.

Keep in mind that at this time A.D. had not been a pastor for decades. He had been an Evangelist for a very long time and was working out how to be a pastor.

I remember as we sat in the congregation and listened to this message in person I leaned over to my wife and said that watching / listening to this message should be required for every Theology major in Bible College and any person seeking to be licensed as a minister.
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F

"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Old 05-27-2015, 07:54 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post

I almost turned it off but I waited and it finally got good...very good, when he showed the many instances of the humility of Christ.
I'm going to listen to it again and take notes.
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear